Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:04 AM   #3481  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
OMG...they let you use a coupon!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!
Yes, can you believe it?! That makes me wonder if they were willing to do that if they might be putting them on sale for Black Friday. You never know! By the way, customcrops.com is having a Pink Tuesday sale. Locker Talk is on sale again for $39.99. There are other items on sale too. When you go to the website, look on the left side, there is a menu option, Pink Tuesday Sale. Click on it and the items they have on sale are on there. Happy shopping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:10 AM   #3482  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok I am confused with this software. Let me see if I am reading it right. If you own the software you can use all the cartridges available if you have the software? So by purchasing the software it gives you all the cartridges online?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 AM   #3483  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaCallowayView Post
Ok I am confused with this software. Let me see if I am reading it right. If you own the software you can use all the cartridges available if you have the software? So by purchasing the software it gives you all the cartridges online?
No, in order to CUT you need to own the cartridges that you have used in the software to plan your design. So, the software lets you customize a cut using all of the cartridges.. but you have to have the cartridge in your possession in order to cut.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:19 AM   #3484  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by flgirl5View Post
By the way, customcrops.com is having a Pink Tuesday sale. Locker Talk is on sale again for $39.99.
I bought Locker Talk and almost bought Cuttin' Up. (Then I took a peak at what it had and decided that it wasn't a "had to have" for me.) Instead I bought the grey tote for $39.99. I also bought another set of mats for $4.99.

At least this time I actually bought Locker Talk. I could have sworn I purchased it the last time it was on sale but I couldn't find any record of this purchase anywhere (in my email, via PayPal or at the Custom Crops site). Makes me think I must have dreamed that I bought it. I do that sometimes. Other times I forget that I've bought something and it's like Christmas when a package arrives. LOL

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:29 AM   #3485  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaCallowayView Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am pretty new to this too. You can cut without the software. You just need the carts to cut with the cricut. However, the software will let you do a lot of things that the Expression lets you do too. You will be able to cut horizontally [I]and[I] vertically. You will also be able to weld letters together which the Expression doesn't let you do either.

The software will let you see what is availabe on all the carts. (I like this because you can see whether or not you would like a particular cart before buying. Sometimes a cart has more on it than the box shows, etc. You can go to cricut.com and look through the handbooks though so I wouldn't buy the software just for this.) I think the biggest draw for me for the software is the welding the letters. Does anyone know if you will be able to weld shapes together to make a border, etc.?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:29 AM   #3486  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
I bought Locker Talk and almost bought Cuttin' Up. (Then I took a peak at what it had and decided that it wasn't a "had to have" for me.) Instead I bought the grey tote for $39.99. I also bought another set of mats for $4.99.

At least this time I actually bought Locker Talk. I could have sworn I purchased it the last time it was on sale but I couldn't find any record of this purchase anywhere (in my email, via PayPal or at the Custom Crops site). Makes me think I must have dreamed that I bought it. I do that sometimes. Other times I forget that I've bought something and it's like Christmas when a package arrives. LOL

Kimberly
I was thinking of you when I saw the sale! I am so glad you got it. What a great price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 AM   #3487  
Inking Addict

My DH just bought me the Expressions for Christmas (good old ebay!) so I am proud to be joining the ranks!!! It comes with the Accent and Plantin sets- which other ones do people use most??? Here in Canada each cartidge is =$90 so I have to be choosey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 AM   #3488  
Gabfest Goddess

There are some really great online deals right now.

Just bought Paper Dolls from Kim!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #3489  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

(Then I took a peak at what it had and decided that it wasn't a "had to have" for me.)
Arrrgh! Is that a TYPO?!! "peak" should be "peek"... I took a prescription diuretic this morning and it seems like every time I start replying to someone, my bladder says "RIGHT NOW" so I have been typing super fast and then running to the bathroom. Ha! I think my eyeballs are ready to dry up and blow away - where does all this fluid COME from? I haven't had anything to drink yet because I have to weigh in at my TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting this morning. I will be bringing along a mug of Diet Dr Pepper. I don't take the diuretic on the days I know I won't be near a bathroom (like days I am shopping or driving quite a distance) because DANG they work. Ha! But then I feel like someone should just tap a spigot in my legs from the water retention. Which reminds me that I need to start my daily injections of the blood thinner since we're leaving for Iowa tomorrow. Lovenox is a mean injection. That stuff burns so bad and leaves huge bruises. Thank goodness it's on my abdomen because otherwise someone might accuse my husband of something. (Although if anyone were to see my tummy at the end of the trip, they'd definitely turn him in. Six days of injections that leaves about a four inch bruise each time...)

Yes, I've rambled.

So, to get back on topic... I plan to use my Cricut machine today! I have the entire week off plus Monday. I get to have a play day today!!!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #3490  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin'View Post
There are some really great online deals right now. Just bought Paper Dolls from Kim!!!
Wow! $5 off each cartridge! I think I'm going to have to pre-order Paper Dolls too. That's only $52.50 including shipping. That's cheaper for me than buying it at Michael's with the sale price of $49.99. (Not that Michaels HAS this cartridge yet.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #3491  
Pearl-ExPert

BTW, I think I'm going to have to be banned from Splitcoast Stampers because I don't NEED anything else. Amazingly, I don't think I WANT anything either. (Well, maybe Opposites Attract.) For some strange reason, I bought Animal Kingdom during Creative Express' sale. I don't really know why because I'm not really "into" realistic animals. Someone slap my wrist! (No not really, I'm afraid of pain.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 AM   #3492  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vferrisView Post
My DH just bought me the Expressions for Christmas (good old ebay!) so I am proud to be joining the ranks!!! It comes with the Accent and Plantin sets- which other ones do people use most??? Here in Canada each cartidge is =$90 so I have to be choosey!
You should look at the previous post and go for the sale at creative express if you buy 4 they are 27 each plus shipping I think that beats the 90 in Canada
it just posted a a few pages back. See you can afford to be "Choosey"

Last edited by jostvig; 11-20-2007 at 06:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:23 AM   #3493  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

BTW, I think I'm going to have to be banned from Splitcoast Stampers because I don't NEED anything else. Amazingly, I don't think I WANT anything either. (Well, maybe Opposites Attract.) For some strange reason, I bought Animal Kingdom during Creative Express' sale. I don't really know why because I'm not really "into" realistic animals. Someone slap my wrist! (No not really, I'm afraid of pain.)

Kimberly
I love Animal Kingdom I love the moose and I love the sound phrases for each its a great cart I have used it alot for misc stuff and I know Ill use it scrapbooking when I get to it. They are realistic but they arent KWIM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #3494  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Arrrgh! Is that a TYPO?!! "peak" should be "peek"... I took a prescription diuretic this morning and it seems like every time I start replying to someone, my bladder says "RIGHT NOW" so I have been typing super fast and then running to the bathroom. Ha! I think my eyeballs are ready to dry up and blow away - where does all this fluid COME from? I haven't had anything to drink yet because I have to weigh in at my TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting this morning. I will be bringing along a mug of Diet Dr Pepper. I don't take the diuretic on the days I know I won't be near a bathroom (like days I am shopping or driving quite a distance) because DANG they work. Ha! But then I feel like someone should just tap a spigot in my legs from the water retention. Which reminds me that I need to start my daily injections of the blood thinner since we're leaving for Iowa tomorrow. Lovenox is a mean injection. That stuff burns so bad and leaves huge bruises. Thank goodness it's on my abdomen because otherwise someone might accuse my husband of something. (Although if anyone were to see my tummy at the end of the trip, they'd definitely turn him in. Six days of injections that leaves about a four inch bruise each time...)

Yes, I've rambled.

So, to get back on topic... I plan to use my Cricut machine today! I have the entire week off plus Monday. I get to have a play day today!!!

Kimberly
Kim I hope you're doing okay...SOunds great being able to get the water weight offbefore you weigh in Have a great trip to Iowa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 AM   #3495  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Right now you can get a variety of them amazingly cheap at http://www.creativexpress.com/shop/home.php?cat=1441. If you buy 4 or more you get them for $27 each with is over 50% off. I normally get them for $50-55 from various online sources.
just bumping the link to the top for VFERRIS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 AM   #3496  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

These are the carts that are not out of stock yet at creative express.

All Mixed Up
Animal Kingdom
Base Camp
Fabulous Finds
Learning Curve
Making the Grade
Mini Monograms
Opposites Attract
Paper Pups
Printing Press
Speaking of Fall
Stamped
Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More
Tear Drop
Walk in My Garden
A Garden of Words
A Word Party
A Party of Words
Zooballoo

Some of these were out of stock on Friday but are back in stock today at the sale price. Act fast! You will probably not see another deal like this for a long time!!
ALSO HERES TH E LIST FOR VFARRIS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #3497  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
You should look at the previous post and go for the sale at creative express if you buy 4 they are 27 each plus shipping I think that beats the 90 in Canada
it just posted a a few pages back. See you can afford to be "Choosey"

UH OH!! We're getting her hopes up & I just clicked to go there and they don't ship to anywhere other than US!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #3498  
Rubber Obsessor

Custom Crops has Locker Talk, Fabulouse Finds, Mickey Font and Cuttin Up for $39.99. Maybe they ship to Cananda.

I use Mini Monograms, Doodle Charms and I am pretty sure that I will use Locker Talk a lot once I get it. I do a lot of scrapbooking and cards for 5 and 7 year olds though. Robyn gives a great list of what she uses too. I couldn't find it quickly. Hopefully, she will reply soon.

Anyone seen the Princess carts for less than $50?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #3499  
Rubber Obsessor

Carts:
I know a lot of people like Zooaballo because it is like having several fonts on one cart and you get animals. A lot of people (including me) like Makin the Grade bc you get a font (upper and lower case) and some pictures. I just ordered Cuttin' Up Even though I originally wasn't going to. However, I liked the font, there are several different variations and there are a few shapes on there as well. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #3500  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Yes, I've rambled.

Kimberly

Hope you are doing ok too. Take it easy on your trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #3501  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I just got Locker Talk from Custom Crops on ebay for $43.00 including shipping. Not exactly the price I wanted to pay, but seems like a pretty good deal.

Is the $300 for the Expression, Planitn' and the sampler a good deal? Does anyone think that Michael's might have a big sale for Thanksgiving? I've got almost $200 in credit there. Hoping that there will be an Expression (or is Michael's even carrying the Expression) or a cart sale. Dying for the Princesses!

Last question. Scrapbooking ladies. Is it true that I shouldn't use cardstock as the base page for scrapbooking? Someone told me that it could make the scrapbook too thick and unable to close properly if all the pages we based with cardstock.
Congrats on your good deal with Locker Talk! I don't know if that's a good deal or not on the ebug, sorry I can't help more there. Hopefully on the day after Thanksgiving there will be a great deal you can take advantage of!

I use cardstock as the base page for all of my pages. I use post bound albums, and it's easy to add posts to adjust the binding. Strap hinge albums are also adjustable, so I don't know what's up with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #3502  
Matboard Maniac

Ladies -

I have to thank you for posting about the Black Friday sale at Walmart. I had decided I wasn't going this year and had planned on getting the Cricut at Joann's for $198. Thanks to you guys, I'll have extra money to buy at least one cart too!!!

I guess I have a lot of reading to see what all my new toy will do!! Too bad I can't use it until Christmas. But ... I know what I'm getting!!!

Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #3503  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay- I am thinking about getting a new cartridge this weekend... but which one? OH MY GOODNESS! The choices are endless.........

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #3504  
Gabfest Goddess

I think I may have to have Alphalicious...saw it tonight @ HL and really like the font...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #3505  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I think I may have to have Alphalicious...saw it tonight @ HL and really like the font...
I love Alphalicious. It's a great font to have!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 05:46 AM   #3506  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I love the Alphalicious cart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #3507  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm thinking of joining the fun with the cricut. Are there any black friday smokin' deals out there on the baby cricut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #3508  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Allison!View Post
I'm thinking of joining the fun with the cricut. Are there any black friday smokin' deals out there on the baby cricut?
Walmart has the cricut with 2 cartridges for $119 on Black Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #3509  
Inking Addict

What is a "black Friday"- are there special deals and discounts at certain stores? How often does this happen and how do I find out about it????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #3510  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

What is a "black Friday"- are there special deals and discounts at certain stores? How often does this happen and how do I find out about it????
Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in the US. It is the day after Thanksgiving and it is called "black" friday because it is the one day of the year where companies that are in the "red" come out of it and are in the "black" again.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #3511  
Gallery Gazer

Here is a link to the Keystone cartridge that comes with the Cricut Black Friday special...

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/t...2&mpage=2&key=

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #3512  
Stazon Splitcoast

MY bug is down stairs covered in demolition dust I can hear him saying ch...ir...p, Ch...ir...p! Sputter sputter. I might have to dust him off tonight.
I am soo busy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #3513  
Inking Addict

Do they do Black Friday in Canada?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #3514  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Do they do Black Friday in Canada?
Call your walmart and ask them if they are having a sale on the cricut on the 23rd.
I dont know how else to know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #3515  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
MY bug is down stairs covered in demolition dust I can hear him saying ch...ir...p, Ch...ir...p! Sputter sputter. I might have to dust him off tonight.
I am soo busy.

Poor, poor little bug......

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #3516  
Rubber Obsessor

What tools do you use most to remove the small princess pieces from the mat and to adhere to cardstock? I use the CM fine point glue to apply the glue, but need to figure out a way to get the small pieces off the mat and once glued onto the main piece of cardstock. The pieces always seem to stick to my hands once the glue is on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #3517  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

What tools do you use most to remove the small princess pieces from the mat and to adhere to cardstock? I use the CM fine point glue to apply the glue, but need to figure out a way to get the small pieces off the mat and once glued onto the main piece of cardstock. The pieces always seem to stick to my hands once the glue is on.
The Cricut spatula is awesome!!! I use Zig 2-way glue pen for the small pieces. Good luck!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #3518  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

The Cricut spatula is awesome!!! I use Zig 2-way glue pen for the small pieces. Good luck!
I don't have any of the tools. Any other tool(s) that you would suggest?

Is it possible to run a 12 X 12 piece of chipboard through the ebug? If so, where would I go to get a 12X12 piece.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #3519  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I don't have any of the tools. Any other tool(s) that you would suggest?

Is it possible to run a 12 X 12 piece of chipboard through the ebug? If so, where would I go to get a 12X12 piece.
You can use a cereal box or some of the thin chipboard that comes in paper packs. Oh, and I highly recommend the spatula. It is only 6.99 and soooo worth it!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #3520  
Rubber Obsessor

My baby bug arrived today!!! I have played with it for just a few minutes and I am so excited! I just hope that I can figure out all the settings. Also, should I do anything to the mat after I use it?
Reply With Quote Likes