Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #3161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee O.View Post
First let me say sorry if I'm posting where I shouldn't be and if I should post elsewhere please let me know. I don't have a Cricut, but my mom wants one in the worst way and we've thought about all going in to get her one for Christmas. I was wondering where you experts think the best deal is on these right now? We'd like to make an educated decision about not only the price, but the value of what you get with some of these. I've checked QVC and Joann's and Creativexpress, and I'm sure there is lots to compare before buying. I would so appreciate your imput. Thanks for you help.
Does she want the Expression or the regular cricut?

ACMoore I believe online had the best deal at 129.00 I'll check the post and reply so its up top.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #3162  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a link to their online deal. I think its the best priceo ut there for the smaller critcut. Not sure where the best price for the expression is though

ACMOORE 129$ CRICUT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #3163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anybody Chirping tonight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #3164  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I received an email ad from a c moore today. They are selling the cricut for $129.99 in stores next Tuesday (while supplies last). Sounds like a good deal.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #3165  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
My kids are home from school today because of Parent/Teaher Conferences so I am just going to make it a lazy day. I really need to prepare for my Cricut Swarm. It's a week from tomorrow!! How fun is that going to be?? There are 12 of us going so I will be making at least a few new friends that are local.

Hope you all have a great day! I'm definitely going to skip housework and just craft with my kids!
Sounds like fun! Someone is trying to get one set up for Michigan in the spring and I hope that Molly and I are able to go. I think it would be so much fun. Hope you enjoyed your day with the kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #3166  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Anybody Chirping tonight

I did. I worked on centerpieces for a baby shower. I put them on my blog if you want to see them.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #3167  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee O.View Post
First let me say sorry if I'm posting where I shouldn't be and if I should post elsewhere please let me know. I don't have a Cricut, but my mom wants one in the worst way and we've thought about all going in to get her one for Christmas. I was wondering where you experts think the best deal is on these right now? We'd like to make an educated decision about not only the price, but the value of what you get with some of these. I've checked QVC and Joann's and Creativexpress, and I'm sure there is lots to compare before buying. I would so appreciate your imput. Thanks for you help.
You definately came to the right place! You didn't say whether you are looking at the original cricut or the expression. I'm not sure where the best deal is for the original, but the best deal I have seen for the expression is $299 with free shipping in the US from hallmarkscrapbook.com. I purchased mine from them and I received great service. The expression comes with 2 cartridges - Plantin Schoolbook and Accent Essentials. The original cricut comes with 1 cartridge - George and basic shapes. Hope that helps a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #3168  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Sounds like a fun day. I used my cuttlebug and made 12 cards last night 2 sets for 2 different swaps.

Funny I make 12 christmas cards to get 10 back. Sounds like I am losing ground on christmas cards. Oh well, I am hoping to get some cute ideas to case for this years mailings.
Sounds like you had a productive day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #3169  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Anybody Chirping tonight
Not tonight, but I will be tomorrow when I go to Molly's to crop. Can't wait. My bugs have been neglected all week (although the only time my baby bug gets any love is when Molly is here )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #3170  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
I did. I worked on centerpieces for a baby shower. I put them on my blog if you want to see them.
They look wonderful Shell!!! Very cute! Your niece will love them! I hope you have a great time at the shower.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #3171  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
They look wonderful Shell!!! Very cute! Your niece will love them! I hope you have a great time at the shower.

Thanks. I hope they suffice for what we need. I hope she likes them. I appreciate you looking at them!!!!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #3172  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
I received an email ad from a c moore today. They are selling the cricut for $129.99 in stores next Tuesday (while supplies last). Sounds like a good deal.
That is a great deal!! They have had that special at www.acmoore.com for two weeks and I got one for my mom for Christmas. I would grab that deal up in a second if I didn't already own two!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 PM   #3173  
Insane Embellisher

I just bought my Cricut from AC Moore for 129 + free shipping, I should have it by the 7th! I went to Michaels today to get some cartridges while they are on sale, and they didnt have Alphalicious for Disney Friends, and those are the ones I want I had to get 2 rain checks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #3174  
Stampin' Fool

Default Hi!

I hope everyone is doing well! I am feeling much better after my surgery, but still have a few lingering issues that we are trying to get a handle on. I definitely feel better than I have in months, and I've lost 15 pounds, too. Hopefully I can keep the weight off. Thanks so much to Sandy, Shell and Kathy for the cards and goodies. They are very much appreciated!

I haven't used my poor little Cricut in months. I do pet him every day, so I hope he still feels the love. I actually stamped last weekend for the first time in a long time. Silly me, I thought I would have all this free time to craft during recovery. I didn't count on being unable to sit in a chair for more than 2 minutes and being uncomfortable/painful when stamping. I did manage to get hooked on the "Charmed" series during this time. I am such a dork!

It felt so good to do something creative again. I am working on a journal set for one of my son's friend's birthday tonight, then need to make her a card. She is a total tomboy, so I am trying not to make it too girly (that's a tough one for me ).

Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone again. Any new Cricut stuff I HAVE to have????
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #3175  
Gallery Gazer

Hi Lori!!

I was just thinking of you yesterday. I am so glad you are feeling a little bit better. I hope the rest of your recovery goes well. Don't even worry about your bug. He will be fine for awhile. You just get better!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #3176  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricaboView Post
I hope everyone is doing well! I am feeling much better after my surgery,...Thanks so much to Sandy, Shell and Kathy for the cards and goodies. They are very much appreciated! ....It felt so good to do something creative again. I am working on a journal set for one of my son's friend's birthday tonight, then need to make her a card. She is a total tomboy, so I am trying not to make it too girly (that's a tough one for me ).

Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone again. Any new Cricut stuff I HAVE to have????
Hello Lori, I have been thinking about you alot I am so glad you are doing better. I had no Idea yo were still recovering, ithought you felt so good you just were way busy....I am glad to hear you are doing well, and You're welcome from me. Sounds like I shoould have sent more cards. Stay in touch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #3177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell The shower centerpieces and Journal you made are so cute. Have a fun day tomorow. Now I know why you have been so busy all week. Hope everything goes well and you get to relax and enjoy yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #3178  
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=Klarson;7615514]I just bought my Cricut from AC Moore for 129 + free shipping, I should have it by the 7th! I went to Michaels today to get some cartridges while they are on sale, and they didnt have Alphalicious for Disney Friends, and those are the ones I want I had to get 2 rain checks.[/quote]

It should say at least they gave me 2 rainchecks!!!!! Then you didnt miss out. I hope they get them back in stock soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #3179  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I hope everyone is doing well! I am feeling much better after my surgery, but still have a few lingering issues that we are trying to get a handle on. I definitely feel better than I have in months, and I've lost 15 pounds, too. Hopefully I can keep the weight off. Thanks so much to Sandy, Shell and Kathy for the cards and goodies. They are very much appreciated!

I haven't used my poor little Cricut in months. I do pet him every day, so I hope he still feels the love. I actually stamped last weekend for the first time in a long time. Silly me, I thought I would have all this free time to craft during recovery. I didn't count on being unable to sit in a chair for more than 2 minutes and being uncomfortable/painful when stamping. I did manage to get hooked on the "Charmed" series during this time. I am such a dork!

It felt so good to do something creative again. I am working on a journal set for one of my son's friend's birthday tonight, then need to make her a card. She is a total tomboy, so I am trying not to make it too girly (that's a tough one for me ).

Hi Lori! It's great to hear from you! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your surgery went well. I hope the rest of your recovery goes quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #3180  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone cricutting today? If so What did you do. I need to run my boys to a Birthday party and then I get to play with my cricut. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #3181  
Gallery Gazer

No Cricuting for me yet today. I've been running errands and cleaning out my MB closet with my DH. Had to make a goodwill run!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #3182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
No Cricuting for me yet today. I've been running errands and cleaning out my MB closet with my DH. Had to make a goodwill run!
Good for you it alwasy feels good to get the clset cleaned out, Maybe tonight you can Cricut some
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #3183  
Total Quack

Quote:

I'm SO glad to hear from you, Lori. I've missed you. I hope you are getting better and feeling good now.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #3184  
Total Quack

Quote:

Shell The shower centerpieces and Journal you made are so cute. Have a fun day tomorow. Now I know why you have been so busy all week. Hope everything goes well and you get to relax and enjoy yourself.

Thank you SO much Kathy. It did go well ..... and I'm glad I'm done with that for a while. I'm hoping to get some free time this week. We'll see.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 AM   #3185  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello all you Cricutters! I am a new owner, did the ACM $129/special. then I eimmediately bought the new Joys of the Season cart... and have spent probably 18 hours and $200 in CS trying to make things... and have one little snowflake on my gallery to show for it, lol!

Two questions: I have had much trouble with ther eindeer antlers, cutting at 1.5 inches- on the Cricut boards someone else said they have not been able to get them to cut as well. I can just snip them off and put the layer on, but wondering if anyone has solved this problem.
Question 2: How do I find cards with Die cuts on them in the gallery? It seems easier to me to come here and scan the posts if people post cards then link to them- Like Shell did with the baby shower centerpieces (Beautiful, by the way!).
Thanks for reading this long post!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #3186  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello all you Cricutters! I am a new owner, did the ACM $129/special. then I eimmediately bought the new Joys of the Season cart... and have spent probably 18 hours and $200 in CS trying to make things... and have one little snowflake on my gallery to show for it, lol!

Two questions: I have had much trouble with ther eindeer antlers, cutting at 1.5 inches- on the Cricut boards someone else said they have not been able to get them to cut as well. I can just snip them off and put the layer on, but wondering if anyone has solved this problem.
Question 2: How do I find cards with Die cuts on them in the gallery? It seems easier to me to come here and scan the posts if people post cards then link to them- Like Shell did with the baby shower centerpieces (Beautiful, by the way!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:28 AM   #3187  
Stampin' Fool

Default Thanks!

You guys are just the sweetest! As I said, I am feeling pretty good. Just having some nerve problems, but am getting a handle on those through triggerpoint injections (ouch!), chiropractor & therapuetic massage. I started back to work part time 3 weeks ago, and am now back to my regular schedule. I just notice at the end of the day I am wiped out. My memory is still pretty spotty and my taste buds are all out of whack (as in, I can't really taste much of anything, unless it is really spicy). I have also given up my Diet Coke habit, so that's great!

I went to the mall yesterday, as I needed to get some pants that fit. So excited to find 5 pairs that fit, and found that I have dropped 2 pant sizes (woo hoo!). Christopher & Banks is having a 40% off sale this weekend (including items that are already marked down!). If you have a C&B near you, go shopping (LOL!).

I got up early this morning and found a Cricut infomercial on TV. Got all excited, because they were flashing a $49.95 price all over the screen. I checked out the web addy & it's actually 5 payments of $49.95. So, not such a great deal in my eyes, especially since it's the personal machine.

I am still on the fence about the Expression. On one hand, I haven't used my little bug in months. On the other hand, I would love to be able to cut chipboard and larger titles for scrapbooking. It would be great to get rid of my Sizzix and all the dies (haven't used in about a year!), freeing up some space in my craft room. I am selling some stamps on Ebay now, so I could use that money towards a Cricut. What to do, what to do????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #3188  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabiesView Post

TQuestion 2: How do I find cards with Die cuts on them in the gallery? It seems easier to me to come here and scan the posts if people post cards then link to them- Like Shell did with the baby shower centerpieces (Beautiful, by the way!). Thanks for reading this long post!
Welcome to the world of Cricut! You will love your bug! I can't help with the reindeer problem, but hopefully someone else can.

You can search the gallery using the keyword "Cricut" to find samples. I have a couple in my gallery, and you can click on the links below:

Birthday outside
Birthday inside
Glitter birthday
Graduation card

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:26 AM   #3189  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You guys are just the sweetest! As I said, I am feeling pretty good. Just having some nerve problems, but am getting a handle on those through triggerpoint injections (ouch!), chiropractor & therapuetic massage. I started back to work part time 3 weeks ago, and am now back to my regular schedule. I just notice at the end of the day I am wiped out. My memory is still pretty spotty and my taste buds are all out of whack (as in, I can't really taste much of anything, unless it is really spicy). I have also given up my Diet Coke habit, so that's great!

I went to the mall yesterday, as I needed to get some pants that fit. So excited to find 5 pairs that fit, and found that I have dropped 2 pant sizes (woo hoo!). Christopher & Banks is having a 40% off sale this weekend (including items that are already marked down!). If you have a C&B near you, go shopping (LOL!).

I got up early this morning and found a Cricut infomercial on TV. Got all excited, because they were flashing a $49.95 price all over the screen. I checked out the web addy & it's actually 5 payments of $49.95. So, not such a great deal in my eyes, especially since it's the personal machine.

I am still on the fence about the Expression. On one hand, I haven't used my little bug in months. On the other hand, I would love to be able to cut chipboard and larger titles for scrapbooking. It would be great to get rid of my Sizzix and all the dies (haven't used in about a year!), freeing up some space in my craft room. I am selling some stamps on Ebay now, so I could use that money towards a Cricut. What to do, what to do????
Congrats on the weight loss and breaking the diet coke habit! I bought the expression a month ago and absolutely love it! I haven't touched my baby bug since I got it. I was on the fence about getting it, but I am so glad that I did. I say go for it, but you know we are a bunch of enablers here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:30 AM   #3190  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Welcome! I don't have Joys of the Season so I can't give you any specific help. I use SU cardstock in my bugs and I have the pressure on 4 or 5 and I use speed 1 or 2 for intricate cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 AM   #3191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Wow I dont have that cart, Its an onthe fence one. If it is too long cant you just cut it smaller. I am wondering if you have true dial size on. If that is effecting it. Otherwise the antlers do look a little large in the picture on the back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #3192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy did you know that JKCrafts has the disney Mickey carts for 44.99 this week.

Just thought I would enable a bit since we are so good at it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #3193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You guys are just the sweetest! As I said, I am feeling pretty good. ....So excited to find 5 pairs that fit, and found that I have dropped 2 pant sizes (woo hoo!). Christopher & Banks is having a 40% off sale this weekend (including items that are already marked down!). If you have a C&B near you, go shopping (LOL!).
......I am still on the fence about the Expression. On one hand, I haven't used my little bug in months. On the other hand, I would love to be able to cut chipboard and larger titles for scrapbooking. It would be great to get rid of my Sizzix and all the dies (haven't used in about a year!), freeing up some space in my craft room. I am selling some stamps on Ebay now, so I could use that money towards a Cricut. What to do, what to do????
I am glad to here you are feeling better. The whole energy thing should come back soon. After I was on bed rest for a while it took a few months of being busy to get back to normal energy wise. I think being back to your routine should help that. I love C&B I dont get there often enough but you said my favorite word SALE...

Oh and Cricut wise are you upto date on the software coming out in Dec.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #3194  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
Thank you SO much Kathy. It did go well ..... and I'm glad I'm done with that for a while. I'm hoping to get some free time this week. We'll see.
Are you going to cuttlebug finally?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #3195  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Oh and Cricut wise are you upto date on the software coming out in Dec.
I have no clue what this is. Fill me in, please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #3196  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
Congrats on the weight loss and breaking the diet coke habit! I bought the expression a month ago and absolutely love it! I haven't touched my baby bug since I got it. I was on the fence about getting it, but I am so glad that I did. I say go for it, but you know we are a bunch of enablers here.
All my clothes fit differently, now that I am not carrying the 6 month alien baby in front anymore (LOL!). My best friend still can't believe I'm not drinking Diet Coke (neither can I actually). I still keep them in the frig for when she visits.

I figure I will probably end up with the Expression. And I DO know how everyone is in the enabling department. It's always safe to ask these kinds of questions here, as I pretty much know what the answer will be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #3197  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Are you going to cuttlebug finally?
Sputter, sputter, spew!!!!! Did Shell finally breakdown and buy the Cuttlebug?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #3198  
Die Cut Diva

I'll apologize in advance for being too lazy to go through all these posts, but will someone answer some questions for me? Here goes: what is the difference between the two cricuts? Which one would you recommend? Where can I get the best price on them?
Thanks for enabling me!
Paige
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #3199  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Amy did you know that JKCrafts has the disney Mickey carts for 44.99 this week.

Just thought I would enable a bit since we are so good at it!
Thanks Kathy! I will have to check it out. And we are so good at the enabling around here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #3200  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
I'll apologize in advance for being too lazy to go through all these posts, but will someone answer some questions for me? Here goes: what is the difference between the two cricuts? Which one would you recommend? Where can I get the best price on them?
Thanks for enabling me!
Paige
Welcome Paige! I went back and found some info about the differences between the 2. I know it is a little long, but I hope that they help. If you need more info let us know. Here is a post that I did a while back:

The e-bug has a screen that shows you what you have told it to cut. It does have a little delay while the screen loads the image, but I think it is worth the wait. I have caught that I put in the wrong thing a couple of times. The e-bug has a flip feature so that you can flip the object. It has a fit to page button. You can tell it what size your paper is and then hit fit to page and it will make the image as big as possible for the size paper. It also has a fit to length button. Center point function allows you to center your cut on a piece of paper or a picture. You can tell it how many of one image you want cut and it will keep track of how many have been cut. Multi cut allows you to cut the same image in the same spot 2, 3 or 4 times to cut through thicker things such as chipboard. Size increments are 1/4" (and they start at 1/4"), where on the baby bug once you get past one they are 1/2". The navigation arrows to move the blade go in all directions, even diagonally. The e-bug can cut in portrait or landscape mode. Other features are mix n match and auto fill. I'm sure I forgot something.
I have the baby bug too and I am so happy I decided to get the e-bug. I had a hard time deciding because I already had spent the money on the baby bug. I haven't regretted it yet. I love my e-bug.

And here is a post by Robyn:

Here are some of the differences I am noticing between the two.

With the Expression you can...
*Cut at 1/4 intervals instead of just 1/2. (I love this!!)
*You can use the "Flip" feature if you would like the image to face the other direction.
*It has a button for cutting chipboard and vinyl.
*My new favorite feature is the Portrait button and the Return button.
*You can actually see the shape on the LCD screen.
*You can cut smaller than 1"

Those are just a few but I am sure there is much more. I've only played with the large bug for about 2 weeks and before that was content with the regular bug. If you can afford it I would recommend just getting the larger one. I am noticing that I am wasting less paper and time because I can put many little pieces of different colors on my matt at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes