Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:14 PM   #3081  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
I got Fabulous Finds today with gift cards that I received for my bday. Woohoo! Looking forward to using it ... and the Disney font that I got last week .... and .... the cuttlebug I got for my bday (Shhhhhhhh ... DON'T tell Robyn ....).
Sounds like fun, LOL

Last edited by jostvig; 10-29-2007 at 11:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #3082  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
If you use one, you'll wish you had one! LOL!!! I'm also fortunate to know someone kind enough to share hers if I really *need* to cut something bigger than my little bug can cut.
I need to find me a close friend here! Anyone west of the Twin Cities have an E-bug I can come share?
Hopefully that will work and I can have a new friend to enable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #3083  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is it that the big one does that the little one doesn't? I do like my room decorations to be up-to-date! lol

Seriously, I traded in my Cuttlebug for a Big Kick just recently. I have the space (or will make it) and thought the wider platform would move around less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 AM   #3084  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey ladies--- I hope all of you are enjoying your bugs.... I didn't play with mine yesterday- but DS was BEGGING to get it out.... what is up with that? Goodness!

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 04:04 AM   #3085  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi! Hope everyone is having a great morning. I am on a roll with buying carts. (10 and the software. Thanks for all the ideas of which ones to buy!) I have to stop coming here. Every time I do, I go and buy more.

Anyway, I had a question. I remember reading somewhere that one of the Disney Princess shapes carts should only be used with the ebug bc the cuts were really detailed. Is that true for all the Disney Princess carts or just a particular one? My daughter has been a princess every year for Halloween since she was 9 months old and I would like to buy one for scrapbooking, but not sure if they will work in the original cricut.

I have one last question for cuttlebug owners. I just bought one and made my first cut. Is the die supposed to leave a light cut of the shape on the top folder? I am assuming yes, but wanted to make sure that I was cutting properly. Love the paisley die. I almost spent $35 on ebay trying to buy the Creative Memories one when I think that this one will do nicely for $4.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 AM   #3086  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I got Fabulous Finds today with gift cards that I received for my bday. Woohoo! Looking forward to using it ... and the Disney font that I got last week .... and .... the cuttlebug I got for my bday (Shhhhhhhh ... DON'T tell Robyn ....).
Too late!! Robyn already has heard. I knew it wouldn't be too long. Congrats on Fab Finds. I don't have that one yet.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 AM   #3087  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by flgirl5View Post
Hi! Hope everyone is having a great morning. I am on a roll with buying carts. (10 and the software. Thanks for all the ideas of which ones to buy!) I have to stop coming here. Every time I do, I go and buy more.

Anyway, I had a question. I remember reading somewhere that one of the Disney Princess shapes carts should only be used with the ebug bc the cuts were really detailed. Is that true for all the Disney Princess carts or just a particular one? My daughter has been a princess every year for Halloween since she was 9 months old and I would like to buy one for scrapbooking, but not sure if they will work in the original cricut.

I have one last question for cuttlebug owners. I just bought one and made my first cut. Is the die supposed to leave a light cut of the shape on the top folder? I am assuming yes, but wanted to make sure that I was cutting properly. Love the paisley die. I almost spent $35 on ebay trying to buy the Creative Memories one when I think that this one will do nicely for $4.
Yep! Totally normal!!

I don't know the answer to the princess question. I have the Mickey carts and the layers are REALLY small so I think having the ebug would certainly help!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 AM   #3088  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You've almost got me beat on carts!! Good for you!

I hadn't heard that before. I have the mickeys some are detailed nd small with the small bug but it can be done. I dont think they're saying it cant be done just that it is easier to layer if it is larger.

Yes it is it will get all cut up. When you get a lot of cuts it will start to leave some excess marks on the paper and you will need to replace the plate. Mine is very marked up and I have started to notice a few marks but when I layer it on the cards I dont even notice the marks yet so I am still using my first set. I am sorry to say it here but I use my Cuttlebug more than my Cricut. I LOVE IT! , and I am still on my first B plates.

My BIL works at a plastic place and he brought me some to try in my Cbug. I've cut it to size but havent tried it yet.

Loving all my Bugs, I cant wait to get some of the new folders and carts cant waitfor the software.

Last edited by jostvig; 10-30-2007 at 05:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:28 AM   #3089  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks so much for the info, Robyn and Kathy. I am glad to hear that I can still use the Disney Happily Ever After cart with the original cricut! Happily Ever After and Locker Talk are the next on my list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #3090  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks so much for the info, Robyn and Kathy. I am glad to hear that I can still use the Disney Happily Ever After cart with the original cricut! Happily Ever After and Locker Talk are the next on my list.
I've been trying to decide what 1 princess cart I want but I really think I am going to end up getting both. We just love the princesses around here.

We need "Peterpan", My boys are needing some pirate themed stuff., and Tinkerbell would be fun to have too. I would like "Robots" also The nuts and bolts would be fun, also. I hope the next Disney release has some Boy things.

I am highlighting in hopes that someone from PC might notice we really need boy themed stuff!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:57 AM   #3091  
Die Cut Diva

I am hoping that someday there will be a cartridge with Tigger on it. My daughters don't care for all the princess or mermaid stuff anymore.. but have always loved Tigger.. and I cannot forget how much I would really, really like a sports cartridge. I need to get my machine out and use it.. I have the original and bough the Expressions about a month or so ago, but moved and haven't had a chance to get it out to use so it's still in the box. I have 15 cartridges and am hoping that they will help me get started scrapbooking. I have all the stuff, now I need to find the time. Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #3092  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I am hoping that someday there will be a cartridge with Tigger on it. My daughters don't care for all the princess or mermaid stuff anymore.. but have always loved Tigger.. and I cannot forget how much I would really, really like a sports cartridge. I need to get my machine out and use it.. I have the original and bough the Expressions about a month or so ago, but moved and haven't had a chance to get it out to use so it's still in the box. I have 15 cartridges and am hoping that they will help me get started scrapbooking. I have all the stuff, now I need to find the time. Pam
Ditto I love Pooh and Friends also, that would be a good cart! I'm partial to Eeyore(sp?)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #3093  
Rubber Obsessor

I am with you on the Tigger cart. I would also like to see a sports and pirate or anything for boys. Paper dolls is a good start. but there needs to be more for boys. Does this or any other website have a folder where we could put all of our suggestions and someone compile and send to Provo Craft?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #3094  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok, I may have to take back the pirate wish. It looks like the paper dolls cartridge may have a pirate, treasure chest and the like. At least that is what I got from another website. When I look at the cartridge pictures, I don't see it. I guess I will have to wait and find out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #3095  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Too late!! Robyn already has heard. I knew it wouldn't be too long. Congrats on Fab Finds. I don't have that one yet.

I held out for almost a year .....

I have one you *don't* have?! Wow. No need for it?

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #3096  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I held out for almost a year .....

I have one you *don't* have?! Wow. No need for it?
ROTFLOL, I love my FABFINDS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #3097  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
ROTFLOL, I love my FABFINDS

I can't wait to use it, but I'm going to have to. There's just toooo much to get done this week.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #3098  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Ok, I may have to take back the pirate wish. It looks like the paper dolls cartridge may have a pirate, treasure chest and the like. At least that is what I got from another website. When I look at the cartridge pictures, I don't see it. I guess I will have to wait and find out.
Here's a link to the Paper Doll Dress Up handbook. You can't see all the images very well but this cart has EVERYTHING you need, almost!

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=916718

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #3099  
Rubber Obsessor

So it is true! I can't believe all the great cuts that we are going to get off of the Paper Doll cart! The only wish now is for a sports cart! I am really surprised that they didn't add sports to Paper Dolls.

What stamps are you going to use for the faces? The peachy keens or something else and what size doll do you think will be used most for cards and 12X12 scrapbooking?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #3100  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

So it is true! I can't believe all the great cuts that we are going to get off of the Paper Doll cart! The only wish now is for a sports cart! I am really surprised that they didn't add sports to Paper Dolls.

What stamps are you going to use for the faces? The peachy keens or something else and what size doll do you think will be used most for cards and 12X12 scrapbooking?
I have the Paper Dolls csrtridge and I also bought the Peachy Keen stamps for it. I use the 4 inch dolls the most for scrapbooking. I'm not sure about the cards. You will love this cart!! I just used it for Halloween today by cutting out 11 inch pumpkins, bats, spiders, ghosts, & Frankensteins.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #3101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Here's a link to the Paper Doll Dress Up handbook. You can't see all the images very well but this cart has EVERYTHING you need, almost!

Ugh All those accessories are all so cute. I am thinking I am going to have to preorder this. and stretch and the software can anyone,
"Show me the Money!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #3102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LOLTHIS is the Operative word with all the carts isnt it, Everything you need... ALMOST! HAHAHA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #3103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have the Paper Dolls csrtridge and I also bought the Peachy Keen stamps for it. I use the 4 inch dolls the most for scrapbooking. I'm not sure about the cards. You will love this cart!! I just used it for Halloween today by cutting out 11 inch pumpkins, bats, spiders, ghosts, & Frankensteins.
How FUN....any PICTURES!!!???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #3104  
Rubber Obsessor

I just measured the stampin up pretty princess stamp and she measures 2 1/2 inches. I think that I will start off with the 3-4 inch stamps and I can always buy another size later. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #3105  
Gabfest Goddess

Exclamation

Quote:

TOO CUTE!! I WANT IT NOW!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #3106  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vblevinsView Post
Hey ladies--- I hope all of you are enjoying your bugs.... I didn't play with mine yesterday- but DS was BEGGING to get it out.... what is up with that? Goodness!
LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #3107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I've been trying to decide what 1 princess cart I want but I really think I am going to end up getting both. We just love the princesses around here.

We need "Peterpan", My boys are needing some pirate themed stuff., and Tinkerbell would be fun to have too. I would like "Robots" also The nuts and bolts would be fun, also. I hope the next Disney release has some Boy things.

I am highlighting in hopes that someone from PC might notice we really need boy themed stuff!!!
I totally agree with that one!!! I would love some more boy-themed Disney carts from PC. Toy Story would be a good one to have on a cart, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #3108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I agree, I hope that they branch out with the Disney carts. Their possibilities are endless! I hope you're able to scrap sometime soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #3109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ugh All those accessories are all so cute. I am thinking I am going to have to preorder this. and stretch and the software can anyone,
"Show me the Money!"
Or how about "There goes the Money!" LOL!!! There's just so much that I'd love to have, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #3110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I totally agree with that one!!! I would love some more boy-themed Disney carts from PC. Toy Story would be a good one to have on a cart, too.
Toy Story Would be good
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #3111  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Or how about "There goes the Money!" LOL!!! ... There's just so much that I'd love to have, lol.
Yes I find the same thing and visiting here doesnt help much. maybe we can stay strong together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #3112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes I find the same thing and visiting here doesnt help much. maybe we can stay strong together.
I'm finding it much easier to stay strong when I don't have any extra crafting $, lol. Is it tax refund time yet????? LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #3113  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm finding it much easier to stay strong when I don't have any extra crafting $, lol. Is it tax refund time yet????? LOL!!!!
Definately waiting for tax return to get carts, I think I might swing the software for christmas.

I am feeling like I have a lot of patience right now. I bought WCW crayons with the Birthday money I got from MY Parents and IL's. My firend who's a Demo gave me the neutrals, so I just have one more set of 12 to get. I wish I could have gotten them in the 48 package originally, but this works for me and eventually I'll have them all. I know I'll use them possibly more than my cricut, right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 03:58 AM   #3114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Definately waiting for tax return to get carts, I think I might swing the software for christmas.

I am feeling like I have a lot of patience right now. I bought WCW crayons with the Birthday money I got from MY Parents and IL's. My firend who's a Demo gave me the neutrals, so I just have one more set of 12 to get. I wish I could have gotten them in the 48 package originally, but this works for me and eventually I'll have them all. I know I'll use them possibly more than my cricut, right now.
Hopefully someone will be having great sales when we get our tax refund, lol! Enjoy your new WWC when they come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 04:19 AM   #3115  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I just measured the stampin up pretty princess stamp and she measures 2 1/2 inches. I think that I will start off with the 3-4 inch stamps and I can always buy another size later. Thanks!
Honestly, there are a lot of small pieces on a lot of the dolls. I wouldn't make any dolls under 3 1/2 inches but that is just my advice. I just got the regular PK stamps that the owner suggested. They have 6 sizes and a few expressions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 AM   #3116  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I thought I would use the WWC, too, so I bought the set when they first came out. I have used them maybe 3 times in however many years I have had them. I prefer to just use the Stampin' Write markers or the blender pen with stamp lid. I don't think you will ever use them more than your Cricut. How could you say such nonsense??

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 AM   #3117  
Gallery Gazer

Morning everyone!! I will upload some pics in a bit of all the large cuts I made yesterday with my bug. I am still having a terrible toothache so my hubby is MAKING me come in today. He does not like to see me in pain. Honestly, I am fine once the motrin kicks in.

Have a good day everyone. No buggin for me today!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 AM   #3118  
Total Quack

Quote:

Yes, yes, yes!!!! It does. I was going to post that the other day, but my internet was screwing up!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #3119  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin'View Post
TOO CUTE!! I WANT IT NOW!!!

Then, go get it! LOL!! It's a great cart and SO much fun to use.

Between PDDU and Zooby, we have it all!!!!!!!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 06:00 AM   #3120  
Total Quack

Quote:

Honestly, there are a lot of small pieces on a lot of the dolls. I wouldn't make any dolls under 3 1/2 inches but that is just my advice. I just got the regular PK stamps that the owner suggested. They have 6 sizes and a few expressions.
Yeah, there are. It's fun to use a lot of those at real dial size, though.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes