In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #2681  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
Me too!
Fancy seeing you here, LOL!!!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #2682  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Yeah I used my bug, I am so happy, I always forget how much I like him until I use him again. These are terrible pictures, but I trust you to get the idea! I am going to try to get a better one's later and post them in my blog.

I made a scrapbook page to hold these little flipbooks.
Great job on the pages!! Love them!!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #2683  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
Great job on the pages!! Love them!!
Thanks! I posted some better pictures in my blog! Have a good day tomorrow Scrapping sounds like fun.
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 AM   #2684  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Thanks! I posted some better pictures in my blog! Have a good day tomorrow Scrapping sounds like fun.
Great pages Kathy!!! Love the idea of flip books, too! Hope you have a great day today, and hopefully get in some more scrapping time yourself!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #2685  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
Fancy seeing you here, LOL!!!
Haha! I totally missed this in the wee hours of the morning.
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #2686  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

well I hope to get to my bug today in the evening. I have been touching up the walls and paint in my old craft room so My DD can move upstairs into it next week.
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #2687  
Gallery Gazer
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
well I hope to get to my bug today in the evening. I have been touching up the walls and paint in my old craft room so My DD can move upstairs into it next week.
Sounds like fun! I used my bug for a little bit today and I think I am done for a bit.
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #2688  
Die Cut Diva
 
stampinscrapnewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 4,355
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone have quick links or pictures they'll share of their tables they're using for their Expression machines? Or are you just setting it on your stamping table with tons of space allowed? My hubby has surprised me for our anniversary with getting rid of our guest bed (never got much use) and is letting me turn our guest room into my scraping'/stampin' room. I'm so excited and overwhelmed big time after a quick visit to IKEA (my first time). I'm trying to find a table to keep my Expression on that might have fold out sides for when it's being used? I appreciate any ideas/feedback. I've saved lots of bookmarks/posts about rooms but would love to hear any "wish I would have..." posts. Thanks, Kim
stampinscrapnewbie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #2689  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
Does anyone have quick links or pictures they'll share of their tables they're using for their Expression machines? Or are you just setting it on your stamping table with tons of space allowed? My hubby has surprised me for our anniversary with getting rid of our guest bed (never got much use) and is letting me turn our guest room into my scraping'/stampin' room. I'm so excited and overwhelmed big time after a quick visit to IKEA (my first time). I'm trying to find a table to keep my Expression on that might have fold out sides for when it's being used? I appreciate any ideas/feedback. I've saved lots of bookmarks/posts about rooms but would love to hear any "wish I would have..." posts. Thanks, Kim
I just use a shelf above my table and keep it plugged in I just lift it down to my work space when I want to use it. I can do that while sitting in my chair(Ihave the little one).
I've moved out of my craft room but the set up is similar to when I took this picture.
My DH just built the shelf out of 3/4" plywood. I like it because it keeps my craft area bigger by having the shelf height 12" above the table.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-misc-006.jpg  
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #2690  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I did get a small wood shelf(mission Style) that holds Videos and CDs at the local hardware store and put it on my shelf and I put the carts and stamps in it and moved the Ink pads below on the table. Worked perfect for the carts. The small plastic drawers moved up on to the shelf also. HTH
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #2691  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Sounds like fun! I used my bug for a little bit today and I think I am done for a bit.
Does done for a bit just mean your swinging back to cards for a while?
Hope everything is okay.
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 AM   #2692  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
yvonnejp1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minglerville, MI
Posts: 10,512
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Scrapbook

I used my Cricut on Saturday morning and made a 20 page scrapbook for a baby shower that afternoon. I will post the pictures later this week. Again, after using it, I realized how much I love my bug as well=)
yvonnejp1999 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #2693  
Gallery Gazer
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvonnejp1999View Post
I used my Cricut on Saturday morning and made a 20 page scrapbook for a baby shower that afternoon. I will post the pictures later this week. Again, after using it, I realized how much I love my bug as well=)
Wow! I can't wait to see your pages!!
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #2694  
Gallery Gazer
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Does done for a bit just mean your swinging back to cards for a while?
Hope everything is okay.
Yes, everything is okay. I just have been neglecting things around my house and I need to get caught up. I just updated my blog, finally!! I used the Cricut for the circles. I just love my Expression! My new favorite feature is the Center Point. I can print things out on the computer and have them in any shape I want!! Great for tags, circles, ovals, etc!
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #2695  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Yes, everything is okay. I just have been neglecting things around my house and I need to get caught up. I just updated my blog, finally!! I used the Cricut for the circles. I just love my Expression! My new favorite feature is the Center Point. I can print things out on the computer and have them in any shape I want!! Great for tags, circles, ovals, etc!
Totally understand the neglecting things I am trying to get caught up from summer still.

Does the center point , let you cut the center out any shape and then the outline shape after. like a frame? I guess another reason I need to get one, but I am waiting until the spring. I have some other stuff I want to get first.

I bought some markers today. just black and brown ones to use in my cricut.
They were 14.97 at walmart. they had primary colors also , but I figured I would use the brown and black more. they come with 3 black and 2 brown.
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #2696  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The card looks great Robyn. I am going to go play while DS watches a movie. Working hard all weekend, didnt give me much time to play so I am going to go tryout those markers. I feel some creativity coming on. Oh and I am doing Laundry also!

I have a dental appointment today, I know I need 2 fillings. My one filling has needed fixing since early Sept, but I postponed it because of my finger surgery. Last night flossing another filling got loose and my tooth chipped because of it. Thank good ness I set up 6 month appointment in advance so I have to go. I am hoping he doesn't say the crown word. That would cost as much as an E-bug and I would rather buy the E-bug, KWIM
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #2697  
Die Cut Diva
 
stampinscrapnewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 4,355
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Great ideas - thanks Kathy!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
I did get a small wood shelf(mission Style) that holds Videos and CDs at the local hardware store and put it on my shelf and I put the carts and stamps in it and moved the Ink pads below on the table. Worked perfect for the carts. The small plastic drawers moved up on to the shelf also. HTH
stampinscrapnewbie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #2698  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Okay this is the card I made using my markers and Celebrations. I also used Mini Monograms. you can find out more details in my Blog. by clicking BLOG in My siggy.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-card-216a.jpg  
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #2699  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
Does anyone have quick links or pictures they'll share of their tables they're using for their Expression machines? Or are you just setting it on your stamping table with tons of space allowed? My hubby has surprised me for our anniversary with getting rid of our guest bed (never got much use) and is letting me turn our guest room into my scraping'/stampin' room. I'm so excited and overwhelmed big time after a quick visit to IKEA (my first time). I'm trying to find a table to keep my Expression on that might have fold out sides for when it's being used? I appreciate any ideas/feedback. I've saved lots of bookmarks/posts about rooms but would love to hear any "wish I would have..." posts. Thanks, Kim
What a great anniversary present from your dh!!!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #2700  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvonnejp1999View Post
I used my Cricut on Saturday morning and made a 20 page scrapbook for a baby shower that afternoon. I will post the pictures later this week. Again, after using it, I realized how much I love my bug as well=)
Can't wait to see your pages!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #2701  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
The card looks great Robyn. I am going to go play while DS watches a movie. Working hard all weekend, didnt give me much time to play so I am going to go tryout those markers. I feel some creativity coming on. Oh and I am doing Laundry also!

I have a dental appointment today, I know I need 2 fillings. My one filling has needed fixing since early Sept, but I postponed it because of my finger surgery. Last night flossing another filling got loose and my tooth chipped because of it. Thank good ness I set up 6 month appointment in advance so I have to go. I am hoping he doesn't say the crown word. That would cost as much as an E-bug and I would rather buy the E-bug, KWIM
Bummer about the chipped tooth!!! I hope your visit at the dentist goes well. Good thin you have your appt already scheduled, too.

I hope you had a great time crafting today! Loved what you did with your markers!! My ds is being a stinker, he's playing around instead of settling down to sleep. If he'd go to bed soon, I could go down and do come crafting, too. What a stinker, lol.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #2702  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Okay this is the card I made using my markers and Celebrations. I also used Mini Monograms. you can find out more details in my Blog. by clicking BLOG in My siggy.
Already visited, lol. I worked on a card earlier today (while dh was still home, he's at another meeting....and ds is still being a stinker, lol), and it's looking nothing like I want it to. I had all of these ideas in my head, and they didn't communicate very well with my hands.... Guess I'll try again if ds ever goes to sleep, lol!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #2703  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Okay I had fun tonight. If you guys have any of the Disney carts you need to get some black and brown markers. Today I made a card by drawing Daisy-1 and then painting her with my waterco;lor pencils and an aqua painter. I Didnt have to use all the extra colors of paper and do all the extra cutting. I liked how quick it was. I love using the layers in the scrapbook but it's a hinderance when I do cards. I typed up the post to post on my blog 10/16 you'll have to go see it, and then go buy markers.

I am telling you I can draw the Disney characters really fast with my cricut. MY DD#7 watched and said you can do it quicker than the artist. I dont know about that but it was definately quicker than I can do it.
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #2704  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Okay I had fun tonight. If you guys have any of the Disney carts you need to get some black and brown markers. Today I made a card by drawing Daisy-1 and then painting her with my waterco;lor pencils and an aqua painter. I Didnt have to use all the extra colors of paper and do all the extra cutting. I liked how quick it was. I love using the layers in the scrapbook but it's a hinderance when I do cards. I typed up the post to post on my blog 10/16 you'll have to go see it, and then go buy markers.

I am telling you I can draw the Disney characters really fast with my cricut. MY DD#7 watched and said you can do it quicker than the artist. I dont know about that but it was definately quicker than I can do it.
Oh great - yet another thing I'm going to have to have LOL!!! I only have the Mickey font, so maybe I can get away without getting them. For now. LOL!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #2705  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
Oh great - yet another thing I'm going to have to have LOL!!! I only have the Mickey font, so maybe I can get away without getting them. For now. LOL!
Just saying.....I heard Amy bought the disney ones'!
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #2706  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,848
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Just saying.....I heard Amy bought the disney ones'!
You're right - she did! LOL! I wonder how long it will take her to get the markers now, LOL!!!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #2707  
Glitter Queen
 
happykim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

hey...i am soooo excited about my cricut! Got it at Michaels on clearance for 79 dollars! apparantly, they are switching over to the cricut with all the extras in the package...like paper and extra cutting mats....then.....since i think i read on this site that joanns had some clearance cartridges for 19.97, I got on the phone and called all over the country, looking for the clearance cartridges. It took FOREVER to make all these calls, got put on hold everytime, disconnected a lot, forgotten on hold....but I didnt give up! I ended up scoring, Christmas Cheer, Mini Monograms, Animal Kingdom and Stamped....not for 19.97 a piece, BUT FOR 9.97!!!! Yippee!! Of course I had to pay shipping of 7 bucks a piece, since none came from the same store...but hey...such a bargain! Oh yeah!
happykim is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:28 AM   #2708  
Pearl-ExPert
 
KimberlyinMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,089
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Holy buckets!!! Now THAT's a LOT of great deals!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by happykimView Post
hey...i am soooo excited about my cricut! Got it at Michaels on clearance for 79 dollars! apparantly, they are switching over to the cricut with all the extras in the package...like paper and extra cutting mats....then.....since i think i read on this site that joanns had some clearance cartridges for 19.97, I got on the phone and called all over the country, looking for the clearance cartridges. It took FOREVER to make all these calls, got put on hold everytime, disconnected a lot, forgotten on hold....but I didnt give up! I ended up scoring, Christmas Cheer, Mini Monograms, Animal Kingdom and Stamped....not for 19.97 a piece, BUT FOR 9.97!!!! Yippee!! Of course I had to pay shipping of 7 bucks a piece, since none came from the same store...but hey...such a bargain! Oh yeah!
__________________
"There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness." -- Dave Barry
KimberlyinMN is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:40 AM   #2709  
Gallery Gazer
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happykimView Post
hey...i am soooo excited about my cricut! Got it at Michaels on clearance for 79 dollars! apparantly, they are switching over to the cricut with all the extras in the package...like paper and extra cutting mats....then.....since i think i read on this site that joanns had some clearance cartridges for 19.97, I got on the phone and called all over the country, looking for the clearance cartridges. It took FOREVER to make all these calls, got put on hold everytime, disconnected a lot, forgotten on hold....but I didnt give up! I ended up scoring, Christmas Cheer, Mini Monograms, Animal Kingdom and Stamped....not for 19.97 a piece, BUT FOR 9.97!!!! Yippee!! Of course I had to pay shipping of 7 bucks a piece, since none came from the same store...but hey...such a bargain! Oh yeah!
Wow!!! That is such a great deal on all of it!!! You will love all those carts and your bug!
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:41 AM   #2710  
Gallery Gazer
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Morning girls. My 5 year old is going to school at 9am for a field trip instead of at 1pm so I will only have 2 kids most of the day. I hope I have time to scrap!!
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 AM   #2711  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Okay I had fun tonight. If you guys have any of the Disney carts you need to get some black and brown markers. Today I made a card by drawing Daisy-1 and then painting her with my waterco;lor pencils and an aqua painter. I Didnt have to use all the extra colors of paper and do all the extra cutting. I liked how quick it was. I love using the layers in the scrapbook but it's a hinderance when I do cards. I typed up the post to post on my blog 10/16 you'll have to go see it, and then go buy markers.

I am telling you I can draw the Disney characters really fast with my cricut. MY DD#7 watched and said you can do it quicker than the artist. I dont know about that but it was definately quicker than I can do it.
Awesome card Kathy! And here I thought that I didn't need the markers. Now look who the enabler is!
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #2712  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Just saying.....I heard Amy bought the disney ones'!
Yes I did and I hope they will be here soon. The markers may be awesome to use with the princesses too whenever I get those.
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #2713  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
GnarlyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 19,589
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good morning. I just wanted to share something I did with my e-Bug. I was asked by a friend to create 2 paint cans as give aways for a dog show. She asked that I do something pink and blue for best of breed for female/male. I purchase the Paper Pups cartridge and made the dog bone border to "embellish" the paint cans.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-img_1908-small-.jpg  
__________________
~~Becky~~
GnarlyGirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #2714  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
You're right - she did! LOL! I wonder how long it will take her to get the markers now, LOL!!!
Haha! Very funny!
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #2715  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
You're right - she did! LOL! I wonder how long it will take her to get the markers now, LOL!!!
Wonder how long it will take her to start trying to convince me I need them.
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 AM   #2716  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happykimView Post
hey...i am soooo excited about my cricut! Got it at Michaels on clearance for 79 dollars! apparantly, they are switching over to the cricut with all the extras in the package...like paper and extra cutting mats....then.....since i think i read on this site that joanns had some clearance cartridges for 19.97, I got on the phone and called all over the country, looking for the clearance cartridges. It took FOREVER to make all these calls, got put on hold everytime, disconnected a lot, forgotten on hold....but I didnt give up! I ended up scoring, Christmas Cheer, Mini Monograms, Animal Kingdom and Stamped....not for 19.97 a piece, BUT FOR 9.97!!!! Yippee!! Of course I had to pay shipping of 7 bucks a piece, since none came from the same store...but hey...such a bargain! Oh yeah!
WOW that's a lot of bargains! Congrats on all of your new toys! You're going to love them.
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:03 AM   #2717  
Hardware Hotshot
 
hart2heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnarlyGirlView Post
Good morning. I just wanted to share something I did with my e-Bug. I was asked by a friend to create 2 paint cans as give aways for a dog show. She asked that I do something pink and blue for best of breed for female/male. I purchase the Paper Pups cartridge and made the dog bone border to "embellish" the paint cans.
Very cute!
__________________
Amy
hart2heart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:08 AM   #2718  
Glitter Queen
 
happykim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
Holy buckets!!! Now THAT's a LOT of great deals!!
Hi Kim...I cant figure out how to email you back, it doesnt look like i can just hit reply on your email....I will have to look to see if i kept the scrap of paper that i had written the store info down on. I may have thrown it away when I received my cartridges. LMK how to email you .
happykim is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #2719  
Cardstock Collector
 
lilaclady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi Ladies,
I am new to this group. However, I wanted to share some news! A C Moore now has a web site and if you create an account, via email they will send you a code for free shipping.
The best part....they are selling the Cricut for $129.99. Happy shopping!
Joan F
southern NJ
lilaclady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 AM   #2720  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
yvonnejp1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minglerville, MI
Posts: 10,512
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kim -

Kim -

I sent you a private message in regards to where you picked up those cartridges.

Yvonne
yvonnejp1999 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off