Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #2521  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
She sure does like it, that's for sure! I had to make sure that my AE was returned before she left.
I guess her bag was big enough to hold that?!?LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #2522  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkfrogView Post
brave or not I have no choice the money will help us right now and then at christmas with dh's christmas bonus it'll allow me to spend more

I hope they keep the two cartridges with the e-bug
Hope everything goes well with getting your E-bug, though I probably would have jumped the border . Wish my Dh got a chriatmas bonus I would be all over that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #2523  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
I have been up in my scrap room tonight busy with my Cricut. .....scrap and I have prepared 16 pages to put together!!!!...... I will take some pics when I finish and post them.
Cant wait to see them Robyn have a great day Scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 AM   #2524  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good luck Robyn can't wait to see what you created, i can't seem to scrapbook like that not sure why tried to numerous times but need the pictures as well
I do have pictures with each page. When I am throwing them together I use the pictures to figure out the theme, quotes, and title. I'll post them later.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #2525  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Robyn did your baby bug sell fast? If you don't mind me asking that is
Yes, within 1 hour. I e-mailed 3 of my friends that scrapbook with me but don't own a bug. I sold it for $95 without a cartridge. My friend will have to turn around and buy a brand new cartridge but they are on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for $49 each so she can pick what she wants. I was so not willing to get rid of George. I use it all the time!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 AM   #2526  
Kookie Creator

Could someone tell me the main diffences between the E-Cricut and the originial. I know about the paper size - but I want to know about the other advantages. Is it worth it? I tried their website, but it didn't seem to be a lot of help for my questions. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

I have the originial, but am thinking about moving up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 AM   #2527  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I sold my baby bug last week. It's still sitting in my closet but will be officially out of my house in the morning. You know what?? It is totally okay! I haven't even thought about it since I've had the big bug. Now I have more money for a couple of carts or other things.
I can't decide if I want to get rid of mine or not. I crop away from home alot and the e-bug is a little more difficult to travel with. I think eventually I will get rid of it because I am already getting used to some of the features on the ebug and I don't think I am going to want to use my little bug without those features at a crop. I want to make sure before I get rid of it though. Don't want to regret the decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 AM   #2528  
Gallery Gazer

Here are some of the differences I am noticing between the two.

With the Expression you can...
*Cut at 1/4 intervals instead of just 1/2. (I love this!!)
*You can use the "Flip" feature if you would like the image to face the other direction.
*It has a button for cutting chipboard and vinyl.
*My new favorite feature is the Portrait button and the Return button.
*You can actually see the shape on the LCD screen.
*You can cut smaller than 1"

Those are just a few but I am sure there is much more. I've only played with the large bug for about 2 weeks and before that was content with the regular bug. If you can afford it I would recommend just getting the larger one. I am noticing that I am wasting less paper and time because I can put many little pieces of different colors on my matt at the same time.

Good luck!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 AM   #2529  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have been up in my scrap room tonight busy with my Cricut. Tomorrow I have a few friends from church coming over to scrap and I have prepared 16 pages to put together!!!! That's right! I have already cut, picked the layouts, colors, embellishments, etc. All I need to do is crop and attach tomorrow. I even journaled everything on my computer and printed it out for the coordinating page. I was so in the mood to scrap tonight and I was just throwing colors together, cutting with my bug, and dancing away. I think music helps me get motivated. Anyway, I hope I am able to put these all together tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will take some pics when I finish and post them.
WOW! Sounds like you have been busy! Good luck getting those pages together. I can't wait to see them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #2530  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I can't decide if I want to get rid of mine or not. I crop away from home alot and the e-bug is a little more difficult to travel with. I think eventually I will get rid of it because I am already getting used to some of the features on the ebug and I don't think I am going to want to use my little bug without those features at a crop. I want to make sure before I get rid of it though. Don't want to regret the decision.
I know what you mean. I am going to a Cricut Swarm here in OKC next month and I don't think I will be taking my ebug. I really think I will be fine if I just prepare my pages in advance. We will see if I regret selling it. I hope not.

BTW- The baby bugs are on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for $179. Not a great deal but at least it is a deal.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #2531  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
I guess her bag was big enough to hold that?!?LOL
Yes it was. Lately when we have been cropping together my AE has sat closer to her than me because she has been using it so much. She was a good girl though and made me check to see that it was back in my bag where it belonged. She said she would never live it down here if she accidentally took it home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:44 AM   #2532  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bettystampsView Post
Could someone tell me the main diffences between the E-Cricut and the originial. I know about the paper size - but I want to know about the other advantages. Is it worth it? I tried their website, but it didn't seem to be a lot of help for my questions. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

I have the originial, but am thinking about moving up.
Betty, I am still learning my e-bug but I will tell you what I have discovered so far. The e-bug has a screen that shows you what you have told it to cut. It does have a little delay while the screen loads the image, but I think it is worth the wait. I have caught that I put in the wrong thing a couple of times. The e-bug has a flip feature so that you can flip the object. It has a fit to page button. You can tell it what size your paper is and then hit fit to page and it will make the image as big as possible for the size paper. It also has a fit to length button. Center point function allows you to center your cut on a piece of paper or a picture. You can tell it how many of one image you want cut and it will keep track of how many have been cut. Multi cut allows you to cut the same image in the same spot 2, 3 or 4 times to cut through thicker things such as chipboard. Size increments are 1/4" (and they start at 1/4"), where on the baby bug once you get past one they are 1/2". The navigation arrows to move the blade go in all directions, even diagonally. The e-bug can cut in portrait or landscape mode. Other features are mix n match and auto fill. I'm sure I forgot something.
I have the baby bug too and I am so happy I decided to get the e-bug. I had a hard time deciding because I already had spent the money on the baby bug. I haven't regretted it yet. I love my e-bug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:12 AM   #2533  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes it was. Lately when we have been cropping together my AE has sat closer to her than me because she has been using it so much. She was a good girl though and made me check to see that it was back in my bag where it belonged. She said she would never live it down here if she accidentally took it home.
Bawhaha!I am sure it would make for great fun on the thread if she did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:15 AM   #2534  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Here are some of the differences I am noticing between the two.

With the Expression you can...
*Cut at 1/4 intervals instead of just 1/2. (I love this!!)
*You can use the "Flip" feature if you would like the image to face the other direction.
*It has a button for cutting chipboard and vinyl.
*My new favorite feature is the Portrait button and the Return button.
*You can actually see the shape on the LCD screen.
*You can cut smaller than 1"

Those are just a few but I am sure there is much more. I've only played with the large bug for about 2 weeks and before that was content with the regular bug. If you can afford it I would recommend just getting the larger one. I am noticing that I am wasting less paper and time because I can put many little pieces of different colors on my matt at the same time.

Good luck!
The enabling police are not happy with this post I dont have the money right now, but you make me want to spend it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #2535  
Die Cut Diva

Robyn (and others), when you cut things from your Cricut (in prep of future crop) what do you put those images on/in since they come off the mat a little sticky? Do you run them through a Xyron and make stickers (if they fit)? ???? TIA, Kim

Quote:

I have already cut, picked the layouts, colors, embellishments, etc. All I need to do is crop and attach tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 AM   #2536  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Betty, I am still learning my e-bug ......
I have the baby bug too and I am so happy I decided to get the e-bug. I had a hard time deciding because I already had spent the money on the baby bug. I haven't regretted it yet. I love my e-bug.
Same goes for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #2537  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
Robyn (and others), when you cut things from your Cricut (in prep of future crop) what do you put those images on/in since they come off the mat a little sticky? Do you run them through a Xyron and make stickers (if they fit)? ???? TIA, Kim
Mine don't come off a little sticky , well at least not sticky enough where it would worry me to stack them together. I know some people were complaining about the new mats and PC was replacing them because they were holding too well, but I think it beats the ones they had early on that didnt hold well enough.

I do put the small pieces through a xyron and run a paper piercer around it (to get rid of glue residue onthe edge) just so I dont lose the small pieces or letters. plus they are ready to peel and stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #2538  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
I just keep them right on my page and put everything for one layout in a page protector. Then all I have to do at the crop is just pull out everything in one protector and I know that is exactly what I want to use on that page. I hope that made sense.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #2539  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I know what you mean. I am going to a Cricut Swarm here in OKC next month and I don't think I will be taking my ebug. I really think I will be fine if I just prepare my pages in advance. We will see if I regret selling it. I hope not.

BTW- The baby bugs are on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for $179. Not a great deal but at least it is a deal.
I have taken my e-bug with me when I have gone to Molly's to crop and I took it to my WCMD card class that I did on Saturday. Molly and I cropped during the down times. I haven't actually taken it to a crop yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #2540  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Bawhaha!I am sure it would make for great fun on the thread if she did.
Sure would! Love the smiley. Thanks for the laugh I needed it this morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 AM   #2541  
Gallery Gazer

Two other things the Expression can do.....

*Auto Fill - Instead of figuring out how many of one image you can fit on a page you just hit "auto fill" and it will put how many will fit on that page. Saves a lot of time!!

*Quantity - With the old but you have to hit the image how every many times you want to cut it. With the quantity feature you can just put "quantity 6". It also saves a lot of time.

Are you sold yet??? I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy that I bought it. I did have a little bit of buyer's remorse the first few days. Now that I have played I am so excited!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #2542  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well ladies, I am off to move more of my craft room today. My goal today is to make something with my cricut. I havent used Zoobaloo in awhile and was thinking I would use it to make a project to day. I dont know if it will be a card or a srapbook page , but I'll post it later if it actually happens. Later being the keyword in this sentence. Have a great day scrapbooking with your friend Robyn and again I do want to see the pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #2543  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I have taken my e-bug with me when I have gone to Molly's to crop and I took it to my WCMD card class that I did on Saturday. Molly and I cropped during the down times. I haven't actually taken it to a crop yet.
Well, I guess if I ever miss it "that much" I will just purchase another one. I'm sure they will be available for under $100 all the time in about a year.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #2544  
Gallery Gazer

Can I just say how excited I am about the new software coming out in a couple of months??? I am looking forward to welding my words together. That will save a lot of time putting them on the page. You just run it through your Xyron and VIOLA!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:37 AM   #2545  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Isnt taking it to molly's to crop taking it to a crop? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #2546  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Well ladies, I am off to move more of my craft room today. My goal today is to make something with my cricut. I havent used Zoobaloo in awhile and was thinking I would use it to make a project to day. I dont know if it will be a card or a srapbook page , but I'll post it later if it actually happens. Later being the keyword in this sentence. Have a great day scrapbooking with your friend Robyn and again I do want to see the pages.
Have fun moving your stuff!! I'm thinking I might have to give up my scraproom to my baby. I just don't know where I will put all my stuff if I do. Of course, I don't know if I could actually go through with it. We will see!

I'll upload my pages later today if I have time.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #2547  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Totally a crop!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #2548  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I'm off to set up the table for scrapbooking and vacuum. My DH loves it when I have people over to scrap every two weeks because I actually really clean the house. Can you believe he really said that? Of course I let him have it! It's kind of true, though.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 AM   #2549  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Mine don't come off a little sticky , well at least not sticky enough where it would worry me to stack them together. I know some people were complaining about the new mats and PC was replacing them because they were holding too well, but I think it beats the ones they had early on that didnt hold well enough.

I do put the small pieces through a xyron and run a paper piercer around it (to get rid of glue residue onthe edge) just so I dont lose the small pieces or letters. plus they are ready to peel and stick.
I got a batch of super sticky mats for my e-bug. They were so sticky that when I took the plastic sheet off most of the glue was on the plastic sheet instead of the mat. Both of them in the package were that way. They were the complete opposite of the one that came with my e-bug. It wasn't very sticky at all. I have 2 packages of mats coming from PC and I hope they get here soon because I don't have a mat that is very functional at the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 AM   #2550  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Can I just say how excited I am about the new software coming out in a couple of months??? I am looking forward to welding my words together. That will save a lot of time putting them on the page. You just run it through your Xyron and VIOLA!!
Me too cant wait. The welding sounds wonderful! I also think making and keeping the templates sounds nice that way if anyone ever says can you cut one for me? Or your child says i want that page in my book. You just open the template and cut it. Saves so much research time trying to remember what cart you used to do everything. I cant wait to get it. I am going to pre order it in a week, from kim! The only drawback i see is i'll see something I can cut with a cart I dont own and well $$$ will be spent, KWIM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #2551  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I don't consider that I crop because I am not in a room full of people. I also don't have to deal with the space issue as much. Usually it is just her and I and there is plenty of table space. At the crops I go to there are 2 people to a table and the e-bug would take up most of my table space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 AM   #2552  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Have fun moving your stuff!! I'm thinking I might have to give up my scraproom to my baby. I just don't know where I will put all my stuff if I do. Of course, I don't know if I could actually go through with it. We will see!

I'll upload my pages later today if I have time.
I just tell myself eventually they'll be moved out and I can take the biggest bedroom for my craft room and put in counter tops and cabinets, Hope always makes sacrificing easier! ALso one of the other bedrooms would be the sewing room.... are you following me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 AM   #2553  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Two other things the Expression can do.....

*Auto Fill - Instead of figuring out how many of one image you can fit on a page you just hit "auto fill" and it will put how many will fit on that page. Saves a lot of time!!

*Quantity - With the old but you have to hit the image how every many times you want to cut it. With the quantity feature you can just put "quantity 6". It also saves a lot of time.

Are you sold yet??? I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy that I bought it. I did have a little bit of buyer's remorse the first few days. Now that I have played I am so excited!
OMG Robyn your killing me here lol Auto fill seems like will be my new best friend lol you don't know how much paper I end up wasting I think I am going to enjoy my ebug now all I need is some patience
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #2554  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't consider that I crop because I am not in a room full of people. I also don't have to deal with the space issue as much. Usually it is just her and I and there is plenty of table space. At the crops I go to there are 2 people to a table and the e-bug would take up most of my table space.
Oh well if I were at a crop like that I would give you a whole table just for your e-bug especially if you play nice and share
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #2555  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

that is another feature that I am sooo excited about, am I correct in saying that the cricut would be hooked up to the computer and printed from the cricut???

I don't know how I got behind all this new info

Oh and you guys are quite chatty and fast
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #2556  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I do have pictures with each page. When I am throwing them together I use the pictures to figure out the theme, quotes, and title. I'll post them later.
no I know you place the pictures on your pages but I just can't prep ahead of time and then place the appropriate pictures on that prepped page meh everyone has there own style
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #2557  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, I'm off to set up the table for scrapbooking and vacuum. My DH loves it when I have people over to scrap every two weeks because I actually really clean the house. Can you believe he really said that? Of course I let him have it! It's kind of true, though.
LOL....Mine would say something like that & I think I would tell him "it looks like you need to invite some friends over to see your garage or yard", KWIM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #2558  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I got a batch of super sticky mats for my e-bug. They were so sticky that when I took the plastic sheet off most of the glue was on the plastic sheet instead of the mat. Both of them in the package were that way. They were the complete opposite of the one that came with my e-bug. It wasn't very sticky at all. I have 2 packages of mats coming from PC and I hope they get here soon because I don't have a mat that is very functional at the moment.
Uggg! Don't tell me that! I'm about ready to open a pack of new mats I bought last month because the one that came with the bug is not so sticky. I hope mine are okay!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #2559  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Yes, within 1 hour. I e-mailed 3 of my friends that scrapbook with me but don't own a bug. I sold it for $95 without a cartridge. My friend will have to turn around and buy a brand new cartridge but they are on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for $49 each so she can pick what she wants. I was so not willing to get rid of George. I use it all the time!
I can't part with George either, thats where I'm stuck in how much to put the machine up for
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:54 AM   #2560  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

that is another feature that I am sooo excited about, am I correct in saying that the cricut would be hooked up to the computer and printed from the cricut???

I don't know how I got behind all this new info

Oh and you guys are quite chatty and fast
Thanks , Yes the cricut would hook up to the computer and then you would cut, the software tells you when to exchange the carts....I cant wait
Reply With Quote Likes