Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #1481  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrnabsView Post
Kathy,
I'm frustrated as much as you are! Remember I was the one that wanted to wait for that new one, but I couldn't wait any longer. Now I'm just super mad!! Oh well, I guess that's life. I just have to ask myself this, Is my regular cricut enough for myrna's cutting needs? It all boils down to YES that's more than enough. I don't see myself getting that new one until mine is at least one year old.

I just recently learned that one must turn off their cricut everytime you change carts, did you all know this? I'm glad I learned before I really messed up the poor bugger.

A very important thing to know! Can I ask just what you did to find this out??
C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #1482  
Insane Embellisher

I'm on this yahoo cricut group and a lady was complaining that her machine was out of wack. That it would stop working while cutting, and when she called PC they told her that was why. We need to turn off our machine every time we remove or add a cart.

I think there will always be someone to buy our used stuff. For example, the regular red sizzix I sold mine not long ago, and I sold it for a good price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #1483  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kathy,

I just recently learned that one must turn off their cricut everytime you change carts, did you all know this? I'm glad I learned before I really messed up the poor bugger.
If thats true why does it say insert cart when you turn the machine on.

Also I think the machine can handle putting the carts in when its on, but it's best to shut it off when you take the cart out. Its like removing the the image cards and stuff on a computer you need to tell the computer to get ready for it, because its un expected. It expects to have a cart put in when you turn it on thats why turning it on opens the lid.

Also About the machine. How could you not have the George cart? Those basic shapes are used all the time, at least I use mine all the time.

No I think its a business plan with attitude. I mean why else would they let QVC sell a machine with different carts and markers first other then they are testing the market and if their is a demand then they release to the general public. Also why release only teachers carts with the expression release and then put the two carts they chose in with the machine. Its a gimmick they knew which carts would sell and they knew how to best push the machine.
other wise one of the other fonts and shapes would be in woth the machine.
I'm tellin ya they got us coming and goin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #1484  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farmView Post
Kathy and Myrna, I hear ya! loud and clear!!! That is not fair what they do, but it is how the company's make their money, and you have to know there are people out there, that have the means to have both and any other machine their little heart desires. Do you think though if you bought the machine for the carts, you would really sell it?? and also do you think there would be a want for the little cricut if you decided to sell it?

Hope this all makes sence and it's not just rambling?
C
No its not rambling. No they stratigically released the small one before the big one. It was definately part of their Plan. I dont know their are people out their who want a machine and cant afford to buy it still so maybe their is a market for one with out the carts, you know the carts that come with the machines and from QVC show up on ebay for sell individually why no the machines. I am sure their are buyers willing to buy a machine with out carts. How much they would pay for it I dont know. I do believe that the low cost they are willing to sell the Expression for greatly reduces the amount people are will ing to pay of the old one, and especially a used old one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #1485  
Stampin' Fool

Most companies are out to make maximum profit, and Provocraft is no different. Think of all the companies that come out with "new & improved" products all the time, trying to get you to buy and/or upgrade. In our contracting business, I find this happens all the time with items we purchase for remodels. It also paralyzed me when we built our house 10 years ago, because I just knew something "better" would be released shortly after I ordered a product for our house (LOL!). There are a lot of people who will go ahead and order the new machine. Some of us will need to scrimp & save to get it. And others will decide it is not worth it. There is always going to be something new around the bend. I see a lot of hungry, shoeless kids in the next couple months (just kidding!).
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #1486  
Stampin' Fool

Swapping out carts without turning off your machine is called "hot swapping". I think the machine gets wonky when you are using multiple carts without turning it off between cart changes. I think I have this info in the FAQ thread, but will double check.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #1487  
Insane Embellisher

Girls,
I cannot believe what just happened to me. This is weird, yet good. Here goes: One of my cousins came over tonight, and she made me make her some die-cuts and she totally fell in love with a huge daisy with the smiley face. I think it's in the new arrivals cart. I think I can't remember, anyhoo she got super excited and told me, "Sell it to me now!" She threw me 200.00, and I had paid 190.00 for it! I was speechless I didn't know what to think or do! Then I just said well okay!! So I sold it to her, and now I'm ordering the cricut expressions, YAY!! I lost the bet with my dh! I only need to add the 150.00 and I'm considering it a bargain. I'm so happy!! I'm also a little sad to see my little bugger not here with me!! I miss it soooo much already Any words of wisdom or comfort or regret are more than welcomed!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #1488  
Stazon Splitcoast

Myrna I cant believe your with out a bug. Did you sell carts too or did you keep them?

I hope it works well for you Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 AM   #1489  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Myrna - this is for you .... I hope I'm not too late!!!

Email from JK Crafts about the Expressions and Cartridges:

"We have good news! We were able to purchase more Cricut Expression Machines than we expected. We now have the Cricut Expression Machine in stock and ready to ship!
Also we just received the 12 new Cricut Cartridges before we expected them! They also are for sale now on our site!
Click on the following links to see the new Cricut products:
The Cricut Expression Machine! The
New Cricut Cartridges!
Take care,
Jenni & Kip
www.jkcrafts.com"

I can't wait to hear your review on the Expressions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 AM   #1490  
Stampin' Fool

Wow, Myrna! You are meant to have that new machine, girl. I am so excited for you. Be sure to let us know how you like it. You know we are all drooling over it. I hope it comes in quickly, so you aren't "chirpless" for too long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #1491  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Myrna I cant believe your with out a bug. Did you sell carts too or did you keep them?

I hope it works well for you Kathy
Okay I'm a little crazy, not entirely!! I still have all my carts! Except for the George one, I sold that one with the cricut. I'm trying to get you girls to help me decide where to purchase my new bug from, I'm dying here without my bug!! I'm looking at the bright side, I'm going to get to cut me some huge boxes with my TTBM Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #1492  
Gallery Gazer

That's awesome Myrna!! I considered ordering the new one this morning but have decided to stay with my "little" bug. I have the money for the new one but now I can use it for other fun stuff. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #1493  
Gallery Gazer

Okay girls! I made 14 scrapbook pages with my Cricut yesterday. I might go and take pics of some of them and post. I am still waiting for a new camera I ordered last week and I kind of want to use that for all my pics from now on. I hope you are all doing well!!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #1494  
Insane Embellisher

Robyn,
You still haven't gotten that camera yet? Let us know when you do I bet you're gonna love it!!

I don't know where to buy my expression from. I'm getting weird thoughts like what if they have glitches etc...But then again I'm thinking that PC would fix those, right? What to do??!!! I need advice girls, please feel free to jump in any time!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #1495  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't know where to buy my expression from. I'm getting weird thoughts like what if they have glitches etc...But then again I'm thinking that PC would fix those, right? What to do??!!! I need advice girls, please feel free to jump in any time!!

I wouldnt worry about it PC has always had excellent service and I dont think they would knowingly put a bum product out there they have their name riding on it. Cindys post seemed good heck they have it on hand and the price is great they also have an offer for a cricut coupon if you email them, so even more deals. sounds good to me if I had the money to get one right now I would. when you cut with TBBM you'll have to let us know how much bigger those purses are! I might just go have to join you in getting one, maybe around my B-Day in the fall. I dont know if I could have parted with the smaller one or my George cart. I'ld be stalking Ebay for that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #1496  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Okay girls! I made 14 scrapbook pages with my Cricut yesterday. I might go and take pics of some of them and post. I am still waiting for a new camera I ordered last week and I kind of want to use that for all my pics from now on. I hope you are all doing well!!

Robyn
I need to live by you so i can get 14 pages done in a day! Hope your camera comes soon, that would be fun to play with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #1497  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Robyn
Wow .. you go girl! Please, please, please post pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #1498  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyPView Post
Wow .. you go girl! Please, please, please post pictures.
Yes please do... because if I am going to catch up to you I need to make at least 9 of each LO, one for each child. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #1499  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Girls,
I cannot believe what just happened to me. This is weird, yet good. Here goes: One of my cousins came over tonight, and she made me make her some die-cuts and she totally fell in love with a huge daisy with the smiley face. I think it's in the new arrivals cart. I think I can't remember, anyhoo she got super excited and told me, "Sell it to me now!" She threw me 200.00, and I had paid 190.00 for it! I was speechless I didn't know what to think or do! Then I just said well okay!! So I sold it to her, and now I'm ordering the cricut expressions, YAY!! I lost the bet with my dh! I only need to add the 150.00 and I'm considering it a bargain. I'm so happy!! I'm also a little sad to see my little bugger not here with me!! I miss it soooo much already Any words of wisdom or comfort or regret are more than welcomed!!
Wow, Myrna, good for you, if only I could do that, I just got so excited about getting one, I never thought to wait for the new one!
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #1500  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Okay I'm a little crazy, not entirely!! I still have all my carts! Except for the George one, I sold that one with the cricut. I'm trying to get you girls to help me decide where to purchase my new bug from, I'm dying here without my bug!! I'm looking at the bright side, I'm going to get to cut me some huge boxes with my TTBM Any suggestions???
You will have so much fun with your expressions and TBBM, I might have to get you to cut some for me???
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #1501  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Robyn
14 pages, wow Robyn, what closet did you lock your children in? JK
What kind of camera did you order? I am thinking I want a Nikon D40,
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #1502  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

14 pages, wow Robyn, what closet did you lock your children in? JK
What kind of camera did you order? I am thinking I want a Nikon D40,
C
ROTFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #1503  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok Myrna, you have had a day to think about it! now what are you doing, and where are you getting it from. Come on enquiring minds want to know
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 AM   #1504  
Stazon Splitcoast

Connie she posted that info in the Zoo thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #1505  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Ok Myrna, you have had a day to think about it! now what are you doing, and where are you getting it from. Come on enquiring minds want to know
C

I bought it!!! I will get it on MONDAY!! I have a tracking no. and all!!! I'm so excited!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #1506  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Connie she posted that info in the Zoo thread!
oh, well inever go over there
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #1507  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I bought it!!! I will get it on MONDAY!! I have a tracking no. and all!!! I'm so excited!!!
WoooHooo
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #1508  
Gallery Gazer

Where is everyone today?? I have been majorly using my Cricut! I love that bug.

Myrna, you will have to tell us how you like it. Over at www.cricut.com people are getting theirs in today and telling how much they love it. I guess you CAN'T use two functions at the same time with the same cut. I'm bummed about that one.

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #1509  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Where is everyone today??
I guess you CAN'T use two functions at the same time with the same cut. I'm bummed about that one. Robyn
Hey Robyn, I am here sort of been checking all day it has been really quite since the weather got nice. I made that Plucket bread today We are smelling it now Yum...

Myrna: I just think its neat you can select all the functions and cuts at once. I want to see some lg. flowers cut with it. I want to see it cut in sillohuete for a layout, with some pictures mounted behind in the flower petals. ithought that might be a fun way to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #1510  
Insane Embellisher

I did read that any borders will be cut longer, but only 3" wider. I know that most images will be able to be cut larger. I don't really care about any of that, all that matters to me is that I will be able to use my 12x12 paper without freakin cutting it. I hated that!! I was already wasting tons of paper because I have tons of 8.5 x 11, kwim? The other option that I can't wait to try is cutting chipboard, YAY!! However, I'm a little skeptical about that since we will be using the same blades. Isn't that odd?? Or maybe it will have a deeper cut? I dunno, I will let you girls know on MOnday, I have school but I will be back by 1pm and I do intend to play with me new bugger
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #1511  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I did read that any borders will be cut longer, but only 3" wider. I know that most images will be able to be cut larger. I don't really care about any of that, all that matters to me is that I will be able to use my 12x12 paper without freakin cutting it. I hated that!! I was already wasting tons of paper because I have tons of 8.5 x 11, kwim? The other option that I can't wait to try is cutting chipboard, YAY!! However, I'm a little skeptical about that since we will be using the same blades. Isn't that odd?? Or maybe it will have a deeper cut? I dunno, I will let you girls know on MOnday, I have school but I will be back by 1pm and I do intend to play with me new bugger
Myrna it just repeats the cut, I have been able to cut it on my cricut. It will be fun. I am with you on the cutting of paper, I dislike that also.

For my small cricut I always cut the paper in half like for a card I wasted less paper that way when I cut it. So if I am using 8.5 X 11 my cricut only gets 4x 5.5 to cut. It worked most of the time pretty well as far as card making and most scrapbooking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #1512  
Insane Embellisher

Kathy,
Yes you are correct there, I did that once but it didn't work that well. I forgot to mark my points and it went over the paper cutting away,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #1513  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kathy,
Yes you are correct there, I did that once but it didn't work that well. I forgot to mark my points and it went over the paper cutting away,
You just need to cut it once and then hit load paper and repeat last cut. you never unload the paper and then it cuts duplicate to the same sppot practically you might want to share that with whom ever you sold your cricut to. I think I posted all the directions in the sticky thread. It was a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #1514  
Stampin' Fool

Hi All!!

I just bought my very own Cricut today (hooray)!! AC Moore had them on sale for $125. I also used my 40% coupon to get the tool kit for $15.00
I love it, too!!.
I was wondering what cartidge I should get first. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #1515  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingstoinvitesView Post
Hi All!!

I just bought my very own Cricut today (hooray)!! AC Moore had them on sale for $125. I also used my 40% coupon to get the tool kit for $15.00
I love it, too!!.
I was wondering what cartidge I should get first. Any suggestions?
Congratulations! great price!!! What are you planning on doing with your cricut? It might help us narrow down carts you might like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #1516  
Stampin' Fool

I think mostly for cards right now. Until I am totally accustomed to using it. Then I might venture into scrapbooking.

I feel really guilty for buying it, I hardly 1 big purchase for myself. But, it was on sale ;o)

My daughter likes that it makes pictures. I made her little signs with her name on them this afternoon. She loved it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #1517  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingstoinvitesView Post
I think mostly for cards right now. Until I am totally accustomed to using it. Then I might venture into scrapbooking.

I feel really guilty for buying it, I hardly 1 big purchase for myself. But, it was on sale ;o)

My daughter likes that it makes pictures. I made her little signs with her name on them this afternoon. She loved it!!!
Thats what I did first also door signs for my kids bedrooms, then I started making cards. I have a few Ive done with the cricut in the gallery. If you like scallopped borders I would suggest Mini Monograms you can do the squares and circles with it. I was able to sale my punches and buy the cart when Michaels had it on sale. I use it mostly for the scallopes. Doodlecharms is nice because it covers alot of seasons and Holidays. I use the george that came with it alot for squares circle and rounded squares and the shadows. I think it is a very versatile cartridge. Because Shell is a little Busy from both of us I'll say ZOOBALOO it is extremely versatile also with shapes and Upper and Lower case font. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #1518  
Insane Embellisher

What a bummer!! When I sold my reg cricut I had to sell it with George!! I too want to sell my carts, and just use my cricut. BTW, does any other cart do circles and squares without the scallops?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #1519  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What a bummer!! When I sold my reg cricut I had to sell it with George!! I too want to sell my carts, and just use my cricut. BTW, does any other cart do circles and squares without the scallops?
MiniMonograms has a circle I am sure a square also to go along with the scallops. I know I cut the circle and then the scallop and the scallop shadowed fo rth card I made last weekend. SO I am sure it does the same withthe squares. It was one of the ones that everyones been putting on sale. Do you have it. DId your cousin sale the cart with the cricut when she sold it. maybe you could by the cart from her? (he he) to help her afford the new one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #1520  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay I used my cricut briefly today and made this simple card. I used Mini Monograms to cut the squares. It simple might need a touch more. I am posting it in my blog tomorrow so if you want directions go there. Got a lot of cute little clear stamps at michaels for a dollar today, that bin is usually empty when i go, but I lucked out tody it was full I got 7 sets. They are very cute I used one of the sets for the card.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-card-102a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes