Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #1361  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, Kathy!

That graduation cap sure is cute! Thanks for offering to cut one for me. I need to get this package out on Sat., so I will have to come up with Plan B.
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #1362  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeney
Where can I get the best price on the Cricut?
As Myrna mentioned, Walmart has great prices on the machines. Kim also sells the machines, but not as cheap as Walmart. She has everyday great prices on the carts. You can find her contact info here Cricut FAQ I hope you get a machine soon - they are fabulous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #1363  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
That graduation cap sure is cute! Thanks for offering to cut one for me. I need to get this package out on Sat., so I will have to come up with Plan B.
Sorry I couldn't help you out! let me know if you need one in the future. I'ld love to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #1364  
Stazon Splitcoast

Where is every body, probably out side. The weather is beatutiful here. I have been outside all morning, mowing my acres. about 2/3rds done.
Hey did you know that if you jump off the back of your riding lawn mower it can do a wheelie and end up hanging off a tree. Just another of the wonderful things I learned today. Dont worry I got the axel off the tree and everything is still working. I am fine also. I wanted to take a picture so bad just so you could see, but gas was leaking out and I needed to get it off the tree. I am alright though didn't even get a scratch, I had a good laugh though so I thought I would share.
All this out side stuff is keeping me from playing with my cricket, I am going to play tonight, but if I cant I will This weekend! I want to cut out more scalloped circles to make a some cards for a swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #1365  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Where is every body, probably out side. The weather is beatutiful here. I have been outside all morning, mowing my acres. about 2/3rds done.
Hey did you know that if you jump off the back of your riding lawn mower it can do a wheelie and end up hanging off a tree. Just another of the wonderful things I learned today. Dont worry I got the axel off the tree and everything is still working. I am fine also. I wanted to take a picture so bad just so you could see, but gas was leaking out and I needed to get it off the tree. I am alright though didn't even get a scratch, I had a good laugh though so I thought I would share.
All this out side stuff is keeping me from playing with my cricket, I am going to play tonight, but if I cant I will This weekend! I want to cut out more scalloped circles to make a some cards for a swap.

ROTFL!!! You are too funny, Kathy!!!!!! I don't think I can even imagine that lawn mower hanging from that tree .....

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #1366  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh my goodness Kathy! I'm glad you are ok because that is one funny story! (Isn't it the worst when it's funny but painful)

I got two new carts in the mail today: Stamped and Going Places. I have an out of town guest coming for the weekend, so no time to play. (and that means I have to clear the diningroom out of all my stampin stuff) ugh! I wish I had a craft room!! or even a craft closet at this point
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #1367  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Hi girls. Well, I pulled out my Cricut briefly last night to make these quick graduation cards. What do you think?

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/553830?cat=504
very cute... what settings did you use for the scallop and the circle?

2nd Annual Winter Wonderland Stamp Camp November 15, 2014

Winter Wonderland Stamp Camp November 9, 2013

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #1368  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Okay I just wanted to post what I made for my class at church to make fo rtheir Mom's.
Very cute indeed!!

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #1369  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrnabs
Hello girls!!! I haven't been around much with school and all, but hey I'm here now!! YAY!! Okay I have a question and a suggestion!!
welcome back!!! long time no speak-y!

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #1370  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

too funny!! one question... what were you doing standing on the back of your seat while you were mowing???

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #1371  
Mad Swapper

no goodie box yet...

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #1372  
Stampin' Fool

Kathy, I am so glad you didn't get hurt. I admit it, I was laughing when I read your message, though. Who knew a riding mower could do this?! Thanks again for offering to do the grad caps. I love how helpful we all are!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #1373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStrachan611
too funny!! one question... what were you doing standing on the back of your seat while you were mowing???
I wasnt I was sitting its just a big limb was coming so I bailed over the back seat but I was still holding the steering wheel I ended up sitting on the back end and the front pointing int he air. I would have gotten a camera, but gas was leaking out the vented cap. SO I had to tilt it forward and the front wheels were between the two low limbs. and the limb I jumped to avoid was on the other side of the mower. It was fun turning it and then lodging it in the fork of the tree. I lifted the front end and pushed the mower away from the tree and Wa La I was able to finish mowing. 10 Min before my DD had to go to work. So Now I am finished with the mowing, for a week at least.
Its funny though I couldnt figure out why I was so sore when I finished mowing, my arm muscles. I guess the mower is probably heavier than I thought. I wish I had a picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #1374  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Kathy, I am so glad you didn't get hurt. I admit it, I was laughing when I read your message, though. Who knew a riding mower could do this?! Thanks again for offering to do the grad caps. I love how helpful we all are!
That was funny and I'm glad you didn't get hurt either. I used to cut grass when growing up and I used to pretend my riding mower was my car. I used to get pretty careless at times ... it's a wonder I didn't get mine stuck in a tree!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #1375  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStrachan611
no goodie box yet...
It probably will be soon. Maybe this week end when you have time to look at it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #1376  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LOL!!!! I did not know that it could happen, but I do now!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #1377  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
Yes, maam, that is me. Now I can say plaesed to meet all of you, it is nice to put a face with all of the words
C
Love your new avatar!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #1378  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ummm ok......i have to ask you a stupid question......

why were you jumping off the stinkin' seat???????????????
ROFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #1379  
Die Cut Diva

I am so behind on this thread! But I can't stick around to read a ton of pages tonight..... I have to get up early for work tomorrow! I am still painting this mural and hope to be done tomorrow!
Hope everyone is doing well......I am so tired......I need to sleep like 10 hours!
i was in Michaels tonight and noticed they have a lot of new scrapbooking stuff!! I was shocked to see all the "NEW" tags sticking out all over the shelves! I just browsed quickly through the aisles but saw some really cool stuff. Just FYI...
Anyway, have a great night, gotta hit the hay. This weekend I am treating myself to a pedicure and then gardening. I think I am going to to a veggie garden with my younger two kids. they have never done veggies before and I thought I would do a garden this year since we were strolling a nursery and my 8 year old son didn't know that celery grows with green leafy stuff at the tops!!! LOL. They've never seen veggies in a garden; how sad is that? LOL
Nitey nite all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #1380  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

BWAHAHAHAH, I did not know that, but thanks for sharing, I think tomorrow might be lawn day at the farm, just an update, the crop is half in, and things are running great!
C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #1381  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
they have never done veggies before and I thought I would do a garden this year since we were strolling a nursery and my 8 year old son didn't know that celery grows with green leafy stuff at the tops!!! LOL. They've never seen veggies in a garden; how sad is that? LOLNitey nite all!
They wouldn't be alone half the time I buy fresh vegi's at the supermarket or walmart(mostly wal-mart) the cashiers will say what is this. I say what it is and they say hum didn't know it looked like that. Having always helped my mom weed and can and freeze the vegi's I always think its funny, So I think a garden is an excellent idea. I have a Large one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #1382  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally used Zoobaloo last night. I cut some vines, for a card I am making. You are right Shell, I love this cart there are a ton of options for using it. It should be #1 on people which cart to buy when they get a cricut. If people do cards and want scallops, Mini Monograms should be next. I have used the foundation features on that cart a ton. I've use it a lot more than I thought I would. I had a few mega and Giga scalloped punches, but I sold them to my friend. I did keep my giga Oval one until I can get Alphalicious.
I used 3 carts last night making cards. I cut squares out of a strip of paper to make a long window w/ george. I also cut the circle, scalloped circle and shadow scalloped circle foundations all set at 2.5 but the finished size is about 2 1/4.
Heres a picture what I did with the circles.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-card-075a-copy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #1383  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for posting a pic of the scallops Kathy! Love that color combo. I still haven't used my Cricut for the scallops. Of course I haven't used my punches much either. I am so ready for a few hours of craft time (a girl can always dream, right?).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #1384  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

a girl can always dream, right?).
That's what crafting time is in my house ... purely a dream!!!

Cute card, Kathy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #1385  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyP
That's what crafting time is in my house ... purely a dream!!!

Cute card, Kathy!
LOL! ... thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #1386  
Glitter Queen

Default What are everyone's cart. recommendations?

So glad to see info on the versatility of different cartridges. I *just* got my Cricut and since I made dear hubby cough up the $$ for the machine I want to limit my cartridge purchases to only the most versatile couple for a bit. Sooo..... what's everyone's vote for the top 2 "must have"s? And, any tips for getting the most out of those? One last thing -- Can you get any lowercase letters out of George? I just love this forum! Thanks ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #1387  
Glitter Queen

Jostvig, is that correct? Do I see DD #7?? Congrats to you!!! I totally envy having a large family and I can not *wait* to start my own!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #1388  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I finally used Zoobaloo last night. I cut some vines, for a card I am making. You are right Shell, I love this cart there are a ton of options for using it. It should be #1 on people which cart to buy when they get a cricut. If people do cards and want scallops, Mini Monograms should be next. I have used the foundation features on that cart a ton. I've use it a lot more than I thought I would. I had a few mega and Giga scalloped punches, but I sold them to my friend. I did keep my giga Oval one until I can get Alphalicious.
I used 3 carts last night making cards. I cut squares out of a strip of paper to make a long window w/ george. I also cut the circle, scalloped circle and shadow scalloped circle foundations all set at 2.5 but the finished size is about 2 1/4.
Heres a picture what I did with the circles.

great card Kathy
C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #1389  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatesWife
So glad to see info on the versatility of different cartridges. I *just* got my Cricut and since I made dear hubby cough up the $$ for the machine I want to limit my cartridge purchases to only the most versatile couple for a bit. Sooo..... what's everyone's vote for the top 2 "must have"s? And, any tips for getting the most out of those? One last thing -- Can you get any lowercase letters out of George? I just love this forum! Thanks ladies!
Well, a few people on this thread will tell you that Zooballoo is the first cart you should get. It is a very versatile cart as it has the alphabet (upper & lower case), animal shapes and also cuts cards. It's hard to go wrong with any of the carts. Most of the carts offer over 5000 options.

Are you mostly a scrapper or card maker or both? Do you create with kids in mind, or mostly adults? Do you prefer alphabets or shapes? We can probably give you better recommendations if you can answer these questions. Of course, by the time we are done, you will want them all. George only does upper case letters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #1390  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

We can probably give you better recommendations if you can answer these questions. Of course, by the time we are done, you will want them all. George only does upper case letters.
You know she speaks the truth!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #1391  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Carts are just a little bit important the machine doesn't work well with out them
Ihope the family thing works for you It does for me it isn't easy, but its definately worth it in my book. After using Zoo baloo I would definately put it in the top two.
I think a lower case font is important, and it gives you alot of shapes that are versatile, 2nd I think totally depends on what you plan to do with the machine.
And By the way, Welcome to the thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #1392  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
great card Kathy
C
Connie you noticed it is only part of the card. I didnt want to resize and play so I just used a snipet I made smaller for my blog. But thanks it was fun to design. I love when I can use all my toys.
Also they( lori, cindy, sandi) were wondering about the box, I couldn't remember when you sent it, and Sandi said yesterday she hadn't gotten it yet. Can you post when you mailed it? If you can remember. The times been flying by for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #1393  
Stazon Splitcoast

Beautiful day here, planted more in my garden, its finally finished. Now I just get to water & weed it. Off to use my cricut tonight after I make dinner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #1394  
Glitter Queen

Default Cartridges

Well, I don't card-make at all. (although it looks intriguing) and I am currently scrapping only adult stuff as we have no kids yet. But that will be very soon. Soooo.... I really like Opposites and Zoo, from what I can tell. And thanks for the welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #1395  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Welcome to the thread ... I really like Opposites Attract and Tear Drop ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #1396  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just needed to report that I FINALLY used my Cricut today! I had so much fun! I was just cutting things out to cut them out! I was giggling like a 4 year old and enjoyed every single minute of it! Thanks so much, for enabling me! I am so hoping to return the favor someday! *giggle*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #1397  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Well, I don't card-make at all. (although it looks intriguing) and I am currently scrapping only adult stuff as we have no kids yet. But that will be very soon. Soooo.... I really like Opposites and Zoo, from what I can tell. And thanks for the welcome!
You may want to check out Base Camp and Alphalicious, too. Both of these fonts are great for scrapbooking. I really like the creative features on these two as well. Good luck on the kid-front. They are such joys (and stinkers, too, in my case ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #1398  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalkaskamz
I just needed to report that I FINALLY used my Cricut today! I had so much fun! I was just cutting things out to cut them out! I was giggling like a 4 year old and enjoyed every single minute of it! Thanks so much, for enabling me! I am so hoping to return the favor someday! *giggle*
Yea, Kimberly!!!!! Keep on cutting, make something pretty and share with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #1399  
Stampin' Fool

Kathy, what a great idea you posted to the FAQ. I never would have thought of that! Thanks for doing the pictures, too, as I usually need a visual aid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #1400  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalkaskamz
Are you really saying that after waiting a few weeks to get it for Mom's day it still took you a week to use it!!! You do belong on this thread that seems to be the way it is around here! Glad you enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote Likes