Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #1321  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
Kathy: I love what you have done with the Disney cutouts. Thanks for the tip on the buff paper. What color did you end up using? I have tons of black, so I'm OK on that front.

Conni: is that you in your new avatar pic?

Wendie: good luck and have fun with your yard sale tomorrow!

Re: scrapbooks. I currently have just been doing a family book and separate albums if it was a big vacation. I am really behind though, as I haven't even completed 1 family book yet. I also plan to do a lifebook album for each of my kids. I really need to do the kids' lifebooks, but I am finding it difficult to get started. Maybe I need to start with easy stuff (like birthdays, school year, etc.), then work towards the tough stuff. I really got on a roll with the scrapping once I started using the Cricut. Haven't scrapped a page in 2-3 weeks, though, as I have needed to do quite a few cards. I can't wait to get back to the scrapping.

Yes, maam, that is me. Now I can say plaesed to meet all of you, it is nice to put a face with all of the words
C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #1322  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Yeah! I cut out the wee little purses. I also cut out a large tag flower window mirror. i am going to stap something on it. It just seems really wierd that the tag is going to be bigger than the purse attached. It's kind of like opposite day. KWIM
I am thinking if I am lucky I can get a smarty or chapstick in the purse with a few kisses, Then I figure I'll attach the tag card. I'll post whatever I figure out tomorrow, or Monday, I know I have a busy day on Tomorrow or should I say today.

Sounds very cool, I love it when the teachers actually put effort into the crafts. My son's teacher has been off on a leave since feb, and the sub puts little or no effort into her stuff. He brought home this really cute poem, (which is the same as i got from my daughter in grade 3) it says here is a picture of me, way back when I was in grade 3, you can just look at it, and remember me.... and then there is no picture??? oh well good thing I have lots I can put with it
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #1323  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyP
I was wondering the same thing ... she don't look like no farmer, that's for sure ... ! what a beautiful picture!

Why thak you very much, I do clean up all right! Most of the rest of the time i am running around in my pink ball cap, and we all know what a balll cap does for a hairdo
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #1324  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking sure blows all the stero types.

you girls are too sweet
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #1325  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Hi girls. Well, I pulled out my Cricut briefly last night to make these quick graduation cards. What do you think?

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...553830?cat=504

nicely done, I need to make a few of these too, but have no grad stamps! I guess I will have to borrow a set
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #1326  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Okay I just wanted to post what I made for my class at church to make fo rtheir Mom's.
I used Minni Monograms and cut a 4" square O, using real dial size. I trimmed the corners of a 4" coaster to match, I cut Purses using TBBM at 5 1/2" then I used my Cuddle bug and cut out two flowers, then attached them to a strip of paper.
The class is going to color the strip of paper I printed up that Says Mother I love you thenroll it around the chapstick and put the strip around it witht the flower. There going to put a few kisses & smarties in the purse. The coaster has a 2" strip of Heavy Magnet tape stuck to the back and says Happy Mothers day 2007. I attached strips of ultra sticky tape to the fron tof the coaster, to attach a picture and they can attach the frame with whichever side of the paper they want to show for a frame. I should of thought of this last week then I could of had the pictures ready but we are taking them in class today.

very nice!
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #1327  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone! I got a new video camera .. mostly because DH will be missing DS's preschool graduation and wanted it taped ... now I have to tape it, take pictures and actually watch it while it's going on!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, you all deserve it!

good luck with that, I tired that my my youngest christmas concert, just remember to pause the video, before you turn your hand sideways to take picture with the still camera. Makes for a vary interesting video, when everything goes sideways.
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #1328  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay I just wanted to post what I made for my class at church to make fo rtheir Mom's.
I used Minni Monograms and cut a 4" square O, using real dial size. I trimmed the corners of a 4" coaster to match, I cut Purses using TBBM at 5 1/2" then I used my Cuddle bug and cut out two flowers, then attached them to a strip of paper.
The class is going to color the strip of paper I printed up that Says Mother I love you thenroll it around the chapstick and put the strip around it witht the flower. There going to put a few kisses & smarties in the purse. The coaster has a 2" strip of Heavy Magnet tape stuck to the back and says Happy Mothers day 2007. I attached strips of ultra sticky tape to the fron tof the coaster, to attach a picture and they can attach the frame with whichever side of the paper they want to show for a frame. I should of thought of this last week then I could of had the pictures ready but we are taking them in class today.
absolutely phenominal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #1329  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok now that I am all caught up

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all my cricut friends!!

I got all sorts of cute things from the kids. my youngest made this card at playschool, with a dried flower on the front, the stem is a peice of yarn, and the leaves are real leaves too, very cute. Got a dead rose plant from my daughter, apperently she forgot to wanter it, and she made me some coupons for a day of yard work, free hugs, a day of cleaning, and on the bottom of them all she puts,"valid:never" I think she meant always vadil, she is so blonde! And from Cody I got many hugs and the poem without a picture.

I have cleaned the bathroom, and the boys room, and started the laundry, gotta love mothers day, when you still do the same as any other day I am not making supper tonight though, the kids and I are going to a Chinese Smorg in town, I can't wait!
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #1330  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
good luck with that, I tired that my my youngest christmas concert, just remember to pause the video, before you turn your hand sideways to take picture with the still camera. Makes for a vary interesting video, when everything goes sideways.
C
Funny! I will definately try to remember your words of wisdom! I might ask a friend to come along and be the video taper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #1331  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Ok now that I am all caught up

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all my cricut friends!!

I got all sorts of cute things from the kids. my youngest made this card at playschool, with a dried flower on the front, the stem is a peice of yarn, and the leaves are real leaves too, very cute. Got a dead rose plant from my daughter, apperently she forgot to wanter it, and she made me some coupons for a day of yard work, free hugs, a day of cleaning, and on the bottom of them all she puts,"valid:never" I think she meant always vadil, she is so blonde! And from Cody I got many hugs and the poem without a picture.

I have cleaned the bathroom, and the boys room, and started the laundry, gotta love mothers day, when you still do the same as any other day I am not making supper tonight though, the kids and I are going to a Chinese Smorg in town, I can't wait!
C
Is SMORG the Canadian equvilant to a BUFFET?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #1332  
Insane Embellisher

Hello girls!!! I haven't been around much with school and all, but hey I'm here now!! YAY!! Okay I have a question and a suggestion!! Here goes nothing:

Question: Has anyone seen the new carts? I am in love with the accents essentials (I think that's the name), it will cut awesome designs, and it makes that scallop edge with or without punched holes!!! BUT right now they are saying that it will not be sold to the public, only to the ones that buy a bundle on QVC. I'm so sad because I want it!!! You can go to the cricut website, message board and please vote yes I'd buy this cart!! This way we might get a chance to purchase this awesome cartridge. Thanks gals, I hope you all vote!!

Suggestion: I've heard that you can use crayola pip squeaks markers with the cushion pencil holders (you know the ones we use to avoid getting bumps on our fingers while we write) with the cricut. They sort of work the same way as those markers that are sold with that QVC bundle. It has to be those types of markers if not it obviously won't work. I haven't tried them yet, because I don't have any but if I ever feel the need to do that I will try it. For now I don't really see me doing that I only need the die cuts.

I hope this is not old news for you gals, I just can't find the strenght to read 11+pages, Oh NO!!!! Not now anyhoo because I want to finish some cute coaster journals that I'm working on. See ya!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #1333  
Insane Embellisher

OH MY GOD!! I forgot to add one more thing!! Stamping on the farm girl!!! YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! If that's you on your avatar, WOW!!! ONE HOT MAMA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #1334  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Is SMORG the Canadian equvilant to a BUFFET?
yup
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #1335  
Hardware Hotshot

here is a link to the vote Myrna was talking about, and the accent essentials cart looks so yummy, they have to let us buy it!!! VOTE
http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=693375

C

P.S. Thanks for the compliment Myrna, you guys are great for the confidence levels!

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #1336  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Myrna -
Welcome back!! I'll vote yes to getting that cart separately! I saw the Circuit that has the markers last weekend on QVC and thought that was one of the coolest things I've seen! If you go to the Cricut thread in tools and techniques one of our talent Critters (Kathy, maybe) played around w/ the markers and actually got it to work. I think Provo Craft should sell the markers separately, too ... they'd be foolish not to, it would be lots mo' money in their pockets!

Again - welcome back and I hope you can hang around for a while!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #1337  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hey Myrna -
Welcome back!! I'll vote yes to getting that cart separately! I saw the Circuit that has the markers last weekend on QVC and thought that was one of the coolest things I've seen! Somewhere in this thread, one of our talent Critters (Kathy, maybe) played around w/ the markers and actually got it to work. I think Provo Craft should sell the markers separately, too ... they'd be foolish not to, it would be lots mo' money in their pockets!

Again - welcome back and I hope you can hang around for a while!
Forgot which thread I was in ... duh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #1338  
Total Quack

Quote:

Adorable Kathy!!! Love it!!!!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #1339  
Total Quack

Quote:

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone! I got a new video camera .. mostly because DH will be missing DS's preschool graduation and wanted it taped ... now I have to tape it, take pictures and actually watch it while it's going on!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, you all deserve it!

To you, too, Cindy!!!

Congrats on the camera. Enjoy it.

I got a Michael's gift card.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 04:19 PM   #1340  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrnabs
Hello girls!!! I haven't been around much with school and all, but hey I'm here now!! YAY!! Okay I have a question and a suggestion!! Here goes nothing:

Question: Has anyone seen the new carts? I am in love with the accents essentials (I think that's the name), it will cut awesome designs, and it makes that scallop edge with or without punched holes!!! BUT right now they are saying that it will not be sold to the public, only to the ones that buy a bundle on QVC. I'm so sad because I want it!!! You can go to the cricut website, message board and please vote yes I'd buy this cart!! This way we might get a chance to purchase this awesome cartridge. Thanks gals, I hope you all vote!!

Suggestion: I've heard that you can use crayola pip squeaks markers with the cushion pencil holders (you know the ones we use to avoid getting bumps on our fingers while we write) with the cricut. They sort of work the same way as those markers that are sold with that QVC bundle. It has to be those types of markers if not it obviously won't work. I haven't tried them yet, because I don't have any but if I ever feel the need to do that I will try it. For now I don't really see me doing that I only need the die cuts.

I hope this is not old news for you gals, I just can't find the strenght to read 11+pages, Oh NO!!!! Not now anyhoo because I want to finish some cute coaster journals that I'm working on. See ya!!

Yeah, I saw that one, but ....... I really thought that one would have a good chance to have a paisley on it ...

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #1341  
Total Quack

Here's the project that I did with my 2 year olds this morning in Sunday school.

Mothersdayprojects.jpg

I didn't use any SU stuff on it, so I'm not putting it in the gallery. The kids enjoyed it. I hope the mommies like it.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #1342  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell
Here's the project that I did with my 2 year olds this morning in Sunday school.

I didn't use any SU stuff on it, so I'm not putting it in the gallery. The kids enjoyed it. I hope the mommies like it.

oh I am sure they will, I know I would!
C

My Creative Side

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #1343  
Total Quack

Quote:

oh I am sure they will, I know I would!
C

Thanks Conni. I just wanted them to have something that they wouldn't have to find a place to put or to put in the child's 'keepsake' box. I wanted it to be something they could enjoy.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #1344  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow I expected the thread to be slow today but I think it was the busiest its been all week,
SHELL Your project is nice, I would have loved to get one. My 4 year olds kept saying I dont think my mom likes chapstick can I just keep it? I just said you have a nice mom and I am sure she'll share with you. They are so stinkin cute sometimes. Clever man a gift card so you can get something you really want.
MYRNA: I am so glad you checked in. I was worried about you and was thinkin if I didnt here from you soon I would have to go find an old post and PM you so I for one am glad you posted and I will be sure to vote.
CONNIE: Your Picture just puts me to shaem I need to have someone take a picture of me to post, but It would be comical to say the least. I have looked a few times and the pictures I have of me are not very good. I need to get some taken of just me.
CINDY: wow what a great Idea to take someone along to video tape. I would just do it myself and feel like I missed out on a lot of the ambiance. It gets so ackward to man all the cameras sometimes. What a great gift also. priceless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #1345  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yeah, I saw that one, but ....... I really thought that one would have a good chance to have a paisley on it ...
The cuddlebug has a little paisley die cut, one size but its still cute!.. Just sayin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 03:50 AM   #1346  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Those are awesome! I'm sure the mommies loved them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 03:52 AM   #1347  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I got a Michael's gift card.
I would have gladly taken one of those, too!! Woulda saved a little $$!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #1348  
Pearl-ExPert

Default From JK Crafts Regarding Cricut Expressions .. I'll read it all later...

As many of you may know the Cricut Expression Machine is going to be released in the beginning of June. That's less than a month away! In preparation for the release we have received our demo machine. Yes, we actually have a Cricut Expression Machine in our hands! We've had a chance to play with it for the last couple of days. Click the link below to see what we think of the new machine:
Our take on the Cricut Expression Machine!
For those that are interested in purchasing the new Cricut Expression Machine we are taking pre-orders. Click the link below to find out more.
Cricut Expression Pre-Orders!
Also you still have this week to take advantage of our Cricut Cartridge blow-out! Until the 20th of May, 2007 we are selling Cricut Cartridges at unbelievable prices! Respond to this email for more information. Or send an email to [email protected].
Take care,
Jenni & Kip
http://www.jkcrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 06:06 AM   #1349  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Our take on the Cricut Expression Machine!
For those that are interested in purchasing the new Cricut Expression Machine we are taking pre-orders. ....
Thanks for that Cindy, I DIDN"T NEED THAT KWIM!, Those two carts are sure cute. so If they cost 90 each then the machine really only cost 170$ right. Just rationalizing for about a year!, at least I have a My Birthday and Christmas coming, if nothing better comes a long in the mean time. I like the fit the shape to the page feature, that and the accent cart sure are tempting me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #1350  
Total Quack

Quote:

Wow I expected the thread to be slow today but I think it was the busiest its been all week,
SHELL Your project is nice, I would have loved to get one. My 4 year olds kept saying I dont think my mom likes chapstick can I just keep it? I just said you have a nice mom and I am sure she'll share with you. They are so stinkin cute sometimes. Clever man a gift card so you can get something you really want.
Thanks.

LOL! Don't you love those little people. They can be so cute.

Yeah .... now, if we could just get Mike's to have a sale on carts ....

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #1351  
Total Quack

Quote:

The cuddlebug has a little paisley die cut, one size but its still cute!.. Just sayin

Yeah ..... I was hoping to be able to size it. I do love my Cricut.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #1352  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yeah ..... I was hoping to be able to size it. I do love my Cricut.
KWYM I wish they would come out with software to let us design our own cuts.
I am starting to worry that they will but that it will only work with tthe expression. I have to admit though that the expression looked a little smaller than I expected. from the comparison picture they showed on the link Cindy posted. I need togo vote for that accent cart on the cricut thread with the link Myrna posted so I can hopefully buy it. I liked the decorative swirl cut s it had.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #1353  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

KWYM I wish they would come out with software to let us design our own cuts.
I am starting to worry that they will but that it will only work with tthe expression. I have to admit though that the expression looked a little smaller than I expected. from the comparison picture they showed on the link Cindy posted. I need togo vote for that accent cart on the cricut thread with the link Myrna posted so I can hopefully buy it. I liked the decorative swirl cut s it had.
Sorry I should of said Myrna mentioned & Connie posted, It is the administrators asking about this. I think it is worth a vote.
The Accent Carts Images & the other cart images
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-img_6242.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #1354  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you want to see the images closerup follow the link Cindy posted and scroll down the page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #1355  
Stampin' Fool

Does anyone know if there is a graduation cap on any of the Cricut carts? I have checked the Cheatsheets and several carts, but am not finding a graduation cap. Anybody have any ideas for me? Of course, I sold the only stamp set I had that had a grad cap about 6 months ago.
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #1356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
Does anyone know if there is a graduation cap on any of the Cricut carts? I have checked the Cheatsheets and several carts, but am not finding a graduation cap. Anybody have any ideas for me? Of course, I sold the only stamp set I had that had a grad cap about 6 months ago.
I think the Making the Grade has one but I am not positive.
I know Quikutz has a two step die like that I have one. I could cut it out for you if you have time for it to be mailed and stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #1357  
Stazon Splitcoast

I checked Making th egrade doesn't but like I said I do have the kwikcutz one it is a two piece one. The base and tassel would be one piece and the cap is a overlay.
If I can help let me know I need to leave but I'll check when I get back from the events of the evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #1358  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I checked Making th egrade doesn't but like I said I do have the kwikcutz one it is a two piece one. The base and tassel would be one piece and the cap is a overlay.
If I can help let me know I need to leave but I'll check when I get back from the events of the evening.
I posted a card I made for a swap using the Grad Cap die on my blog . You can see what it looks like there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #1359  
Hardware Hotshot

Where can I get the best price on the Cricut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #1360  
Insane Embellisher

Gosh, you are too late for all those awesome sales, but you can try some Wal-marts they seem to have the best prices. Also try www.hallmarkscrapbook.com and you might want to try costco and there's a girl named Kim that carries them at a very resonable price, I don't remember her email I'll check it out for you. HTH and good luck finding a good one.
Reply With Quote Likes