Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut for $40???? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-%2440-329008/)

stampermomof2 03-01-2008 08:43 AM

Cricut for $40????

My SIL called from Marion, IL and said she saw a TV advertisement for the Cricut and was wondering if I ever saw the Cricut in action. I told her no, that it was so expensive I didn't want to be tempted :). She said it advertised for $40 and she said it didn't say four payments or anything like that.

Is there something new out or would anyone have a clue as to what she may be referring to? It's hard for me to believe that the Cricut Machine is selling for $40 somewhere!!!

Jillgunter 03-01-2008 09:01 AM

The infomercial is for the first payment of $49, and then i think four more payments. It is probally fine print on the infomercial I bet. So it costs you around $250. You can do much better of a price on a regular cricut machine.

scrappinchick 03-01-2008 09:31 AM

Yup, Jillgunter is correct. There is more payments after the initial one. They are kinda tricky!
A friend of mine nearly fell for that (at 4am, watching infomercials!) and called me!! She really wanted it, and thought it was $40something too! I told her to call them and ask what the "fine print" was, and if there were any more payments after...and there were.
I told her she was better off buying it online, or at Walmart. ;)

Deb Za 03-01-2008 09:34 AM

I had heard so much about this infomercial, that when it was on the other night, I watched it (even though I already have the Cricut Expression). I never saw the wording about the 'additional payments' until the very last minute or two on the show--when they had the $49 and the phone number, etc., up on the screen. Pretty deceptive advertizing in my opinion.

stampermomof2 03-01-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb Za (Post 8981026)
Pretty deceptive advertizing in my opinion.

No kidding! That's terrible that they do that.

Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me. I will relay this to my SIL.

knclounder1 03-01-2008 11:17 AM

Darn, that would be great! I've used one once and loooooved it!

MeMeHoffman 03-01-2008 12:30 PM

40$ Cricut..........NOT

Hi, I saw the same thing you did and i CALLED!! It is 1 payment of $40.00 and 6 additional payments charged to your credit card................it comes out to be $375.00 + shipping!..This shouldn't be allowed! My daughter caledl me also to tell me about the cheap Cricut she saw on TV.
MeMeHoffman

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampermomof2 (Post 8980392)
My SIL called from Marion, IL and said she saw a TV advertisement for the Cricut and was wondering if I ever saw the Cricut in action. I told her no, that it was so expensive I didn't want to be tempted :). She said it advertised for $40 and she said it didn't say four payments or anything like that.

Is there something new out or would anyone have a clue as to what she may be referring to? It's hard for me to believe that the Cricut Machine is selling for $40 somewhere!!!

jukeboxgraduate 03-01-2008 12:43 PM

my hubby and I saw this "informercial" this morning. My hubby was so cute, he wanted me to have this, so he told me to call and find out the REAL price..yes it's more than 250 dollars, plus a usurious shipping charge. I think you can get a better price just about anywhere besides buying from that informercial!

It DOES look like a cool toy, I would love to have one

pbft 03-01-2008 12:43 PM

Guess it goes back to that old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true . . ." But, gee, I am disappointed in ProvoCraft for having such a deceptive ad. Maybe their next infomercial will include a free set of Ginsu knives when you order within 30 minutes! :)

GlitterGalore 03-01-2008 07:14 PM

I called too and the guy on the phone was trying to convince me it was such a great deal. I tried to convince him that it was misleading. Didn't get very far. :)

MrsStack79 03-01-2008 07:43 PM

I love this commercial. I knew I wouldn't be able to convince my husband that I needed one unless he seen it in action. I was watching it one morning and trying to be sneaky I told him he had to come and check this thing out. He thought it was the coolest thing and now he'll say things about me getting it. That makes me happy to hear. I paid more attention to the ad and their saying [B]try[B] it for 30 days for 40.00. Needless to say, I wouldn't be getting it from a TV ad anyways.