Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Creative Memories Cutting System (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/creative-memories-cutting-system-389605/)

Sew It Seams 10-12-2008 09:06 AM

Creative Memories Cutting System

Does anybody have a good idea for storing the templates? I just bought mine and want a nice way to store them with the 3-blade system.

I don't really want to just put them in a drawer or basket - I'm afraid they'll get scratched up. I tried all the SU clear boxes, but none are quite wide enough.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

harley91 10-12-2008 09:44 AM

I keep my blades in the bottom drawer of my CM small paper cutter, and the templates in a little bag that I believe I also got from CM. It is black and mesh on one side with a zipper closure.

lutheran 10-12-2008 11:28 AM

I keep my shapes and templates in a 12x12 craft keeper. Blades are in their original box and that stuff plus the mat get toted around to crops in a large tote full of cutting stuff. It's not the best system as I end up having to dump out all the shapes to find the one I'm looking for but it is secure and portable.
Mary Beth

jennik 10-12-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley91 (Post 11662523)
.......... and the templates in a little bag that I believe I also got from CM. It is black and mesh on one side with a zipper closure.

This is what I was going to suggest too. The templates and the blades together in the MM case. I have all my templates in one bag (circles & ovals). The only one that doesn't fit is the Memory Keepers gihugic oval. :)
Jennik

Sew It Seams 10-14-2008 03:30 AM

Bump

c-mouse 10-14-2008 04:05 AM

CM cutting system

My blades (the new swivel top ones) are in the drawer of my blue personal trimmer, The templates hang on hooks on my pegboard above my work space and if I take them to a crop they go in a black zipper bag...I have all the templates but usually only haul the ovals and circles to a crop. do'n't use the others all that much.

Sew It Seams 10-14-2008 04:13 AM

I don't do any scrapping, and so I don't travel with my cutting system. My cutter is a 12" tabletop guillotine cutter, then a small 6". So, I don't have a drawer in my cutter! I wish I did, it's a perfect place for the rotating blades.

Right now, I have them in a plastic drawer but I'm still hoping to find something to keep them clean.

I am considering a pegboard system (do you think my DH would miss his from the shop????). I think that would be ideal to have everything near me when I'm stamping!

charleneluvs2stamp 10-14-2008 04:35 AM

I keep mine in a 12x12 craft keeper too. I like it in there because it's altogether. And then if i take it with me when i go scrap booking its easy to grab and go.

Paula in GA 10-14-2008 05:38 AM

I use the peg board method & love it. I also keep lots of others things on it also. They're really cheap at Lowe's and Home Depot. I keep all my scissors (yes, I still use those decorative scissors now and then) on some pegs, my tearing rulers, my bow maker, etc.