Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Creases in ribbon (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/creases-ribbon-190729/)

mesuezee 10-12-2006 05:29 PM

Creases in ribbon

How do you get rid of them? It is a satiny type ribbon and there are 2 fold marks in it. Anybody know an easy and quick way of getting rid of them?????

sarahjane 10-12-2006 05:46 PM

try ironing on a very low setting

buttons2 10-13-2006 05:35 AM

To save the hassle of getting out and turning on the iron, I remove a lamp shade and pull the ribbon back and forth across the hot light bulb. HTH.

Wanda

Shelley Davis 10-13-2006 06:12 AM

I use a curling iron.
Shelley~

Melody Smith 10-13-2006 11:31 AM

I put a towel over it and iron over on low.

laurakj 10-13-2006 11:33 AM

I blast it quickly with my heat gun. I figure it's always right there next to me! Works great if you're careful ;)

SouthernStorm 10-14-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

buttons2 To save the hassle of getting out and turning on the iron, I remove a lamp shade and pull the ribbon back and forth across the hot light bulb. HTH.

Wanda
Funny how the slightest everyday comment we make tells the world about us. When I read this, I thought.. wow, she's a great housekeeper!! You go girl!!
I NEVA remember to dust that light bulb!!! Outta sight, outta mind - I guess. I'd have to go to all the fuss of washin' off the cold bulb THEN using it as a mini iron! ROTFL!!
(not intended to make light of you, actually I'm very impressed!)
May God bless, Stormy

buttons2 10-16-2006 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernStorm
Funny how the slightest everyday comment we make tells the world about us. When I read this, I thought.. wow, she's a great housekeeper!! You go girl!!
I NEVA remember to dust that light bulb!!! Outta sight, outta mind - I guess. I'd have to go to all the fuss of washin' off the cold bulb THEN using it as a mini iron! ROTFL!!
May God bless, Stormy

Stormy -- if only you knew----that's the ONLY time the light bulbs get dusted. When I was newly married umptydozen years ago, I religiously cleaned house EVERY weekend; now it's only when company's coming!!!

rachandcam 10-18-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernStorm
May God bless, Stormy

Too funny! When I read the light bulb tip my FIRST thought was how dusty mine were and how that wouldn't work for me lol! Glad to see I'm not the only one!

iam_monalisa 10-18-2006 11:42 AM

One more resource.......your ceramic hair straightener. I love it.......works the best for me!
Lisa

diane617 10-18-2006 11:48 AM

You guys have inspired me- need to run the vacuum, the lightbulbs will have to wait.

Bagpuss 10-18-2006 12:20 PM

I've always done it this way because that's how my Mum used to iron my hair ribbons (sheesh, how old am I? :rolleyes: ).

Let the kettle boil and hold the creased part of the ribbon over the steam (be careful as you can burn your fingers easily in the steam). Then "iron" your ribbon on the side of the kettle.

dr.fine 10-18-2006 07:18 PM

Life is too short to dust your light bulbs weekly...go stamp and have fun!