Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLogan
Quick question for those of you who have/love/really use your craft ink pads: do you have the original style (with the linen-topped pad) or the newer "improved" style with the foam ink pad (like the white one)? I purchased the entire set of craft pads right after they first came out (so mine have the linen top - not the foam one).
Have you tried cutting the linen top off? My understanding is it is foam underneath. I had heard that that is what a lot of the demos did with them when the company came out with the new ones... I have a couple of the old style at home also... guess I'll have to try it!!

BLINGO
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenInOki
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLogan
Quick question for those of you who have/love/really use your craft ink pads: do you have the original style (with the linen-topped pad) or the newer "improved" style with the foam ink pad (like the white one)? I purchased the entire set of craft pads right after they first came out (so mine have the linen top - not the foam one).
Have you tried cutting the linen top off? My understanding is it is foam underneath. I had heard that that is what a lot of the demos did with them when the company came out with the new ones... I have a couple of the old style at home also... guess I'll have to try it!!
Oh, I was wondering about this! Has anyone tried cutting the linen off the foam? My Rich Regals craft pads are the old style and SUCH a pain! I know SU said not to cut the linen off when they came out with the new ones, so that's why I haven't tried it yet - but I would love to try it if anyone else has had succes!

Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

My biggest hope is that they bring out the craft pads in the spot size as I tend to scrappbook onthe road and they are much more portable. I emailed SU about it and they couldn't tell me anything. Here is hoping they show up in the new catty.

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #44  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Have you tried cutting the linen top off? My understanding is it is foam underneath
Actually, I haven't tried this (kinda chicken) I have heard from a few others who did this with mixed results. Honestly, the ones I have with the linen tops work ok...I just wish I had the foam ones! I was so upset with how SU made this change that I almost quit and signed up with CTMH over it. I love that SU continues to improve their products, but wish they would offer items to their demonstrators at cost (at least for a limited time period) when they change something like this (or the Stampin' Write markers, for example.) Sorry - guess I just needed to vent today! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Unfortunately, I bought most of my craft pads when they first came out, so I have the linen-topped pad. I like the foam craft pads so much better. Personally, I think SU goofed when they made the original pads and I think they should have offered customers some sort of exchange. I have too much money invested in my craft pads to replace all of them with the newer style, but it upsets me that SU realized that the linen pad wasn't working and then changed it so quickly. It seems like they should have done more "testing" of the product before they marketed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #46  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbennett
My biggest hope is that they bring out the craft pads in the spot size as I tend to scrappbook onthe road and they are much more portable. I emailed SU about it and they couldn't tell me anything. Here is hoping they show up in the new catty.

Denise
I also want to get the craft pads but I am going to wait for the new catty too. Just in case they come out with spot size craft pads. I really like working with that size in the pigment ink. I love the big pads for classic but like the small ones for pigment (craft). I'm with you Denise - here's hoping they show up in the new catty! Kendra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 04:59 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindystamper
My dream would be that SU! will come out with craft spots!
I'm right there with you. If they brought out craft spots, I'd buy them all, in a heart beat!

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 AM   #48  
Glitter Guru

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Does the chalk ink pad colour remain true on dark cardstock like the SU craft ink pad??

Just a tip- you can stamp with the white craft pad on dark cardstock and use the pastels to add colour to the white for your scrapbooks, just another look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2005, 04:51 AM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my 2 cents!

I am a demo and have really been trying to educate my customers. I'm leaning more and more toward pigment in my scrapbooks. I've really been pushing the chalk pads for the economical choice and for beginners.

Another thought: as a demo, I do the occasional festival or outdoor venue to get more business and my samples are often in the sun and moist morning air. As a result, my samples using classic ink have faded.

Of course, we don't leave our albums outside, but still, just a testimony about fading in general.

So, I've invested in the craft inks. Not all of them, just most of them. I really don't think I'll use Mint Melody anytime soon.

I really love the chalk inks for travelling to a crop and for a really pretty overall look.

Happy stamping everyone! Great topic!
Vera
Reply With Quote Likes