Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #641  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Thanks! I tried Googling but everything was over 40 minutes away. Since I have to have my family get me there and back, and load up my stuff, I don't want to do anything where they have to drive too far, but I'm hoping maybe the listing expired and there will be some next year. I *did* see a Bazaar but you had to be Catholic to rent a booth. I should've gone though, I could have asked the crafters there what shows they went to! Long time ago, my mom and aunts did craft fairs and they were everywhere. There just don't seem to be as many now where I live, but I'm going to keep after it. I don't really want to do big shows, but some smaller ones would be a lot of fun! Thanks for the tips!
OMG......as a CATHOLIC I can't believe (well, I can actually) they actually had that rule!!! Next time, I'll loan you a rosary and a cross necklace!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #642  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncrafterView Post
Hi Christel,
Saw your cute snowman cup. Where did you find the Kraft packets of minature marshmallows? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find any. I'm making some cups of my own for a fair in December. Again, I would like to thank everyone for their kindness and willingness to help newbees like me. Thank you for your kindness Christel.
Hugs,
Benny
Benny,

I was able to find them at a store called "Smart and Final". That's the only place I have seen them. You might want to ask the manager at your grocery store if they can order them for you. To be honest, I only sold 4 Snowman Soups between the two events that I have done. I do have someone talking to me about ordering some for her business contacts, but we'll see if that pans out. Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #643  
Insane Embellisher

(posting to both craft threads)

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the compliments about our results yesterday. We did another $170 today in sales. Fair was from 9am-1pm. I will try and answer some of the questions.

Regarding the nugget tins - we have 10 nuggets per tin. I get the tins at that speciality bottle company and it ends up costing about $1.25/tin. I can't remember how much the nuggets cost per tin (but I buy them when the bags are $2.50/each) and I really don't use VERY expensive paper for wrapping the nuggets. We tried to keep the stamping on the front pretty simple. We increased our price to $6.00 per tin or two for $11.00. (Last year was $5.00/tin). We ended up selling 31 of 56 tons - so a little over 1/2.

For the glass ornament - I don't have a picture (sorry!). But...it's very easy to make. I take a 6" x 1/2" strip of patterned paper (or a few coordinating papers)..and then roll the paper around my paper piercer so they are nice and tight. Then I drop those inside the clear glass ornament. I continue until the ball is pretty well filled. Then I tape a piece of paper around the top portion of the ornament (the metal part) and tie a nice ribbon. We sold them for $3.00/each or two for $5.00. I got my ornaments 1/2 off last year at M's after the season.

I really can't say how much of our $$ is profit b/c I'm pretty lazy about keeping track. This is definitely a hobby for Cindy and I. I do try and buy everything at the lowest price I can and then price it so we cover the cost of the products used - but also price it so it will sell. It's not going to do us any good sitting in my drawer until the following year.

I hope some of that helps. I did post pictures of our set up on my blog if you wanna take a look. I uploaded last night - so there's not too much narrative with it - I was exhausted.

What DIDN'T sell was our family size snowman soup, the gift card holders and our coffee gifts (which didn't really sell last year- but I made them again this year - duh!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #644  
Insane Embellisher

Now - it sounds like everyone else did pretty good (except Vickie - sorry!) But you made your table fee back!!!
I looked at the table set up dhb1281 - looks great!!! I'm so glad you made those extra sales by hanging around too!! Awesome!
I'm in no rush to breakdown my area either if there's a chance someone will come and buy a few more things!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #645  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had a show yesterday, and here is what sold best:

Clippy boards - sold about 30 of them @ $3 each.

Covered Jr. Legal Pads - sold 13 of the 14 I made @ $4 each.

Magnets - I put them in sets of 4 and sold half of what I took @ $2.50 per set.

Christmas Fudge Kits - I'm not allowed to sell candy items at this particular show that I do, so I made up kits so that people could go buy their own candy bars and make their own with my pre-cut, stamped & embellished kits. Sold all 7 kits @ $3.50 each. Each kit made 3 bars.

Cards - last year at this show I sold less than 6 cards....this year I sold 40+. It is just so weird. I think more people may be looking to send cards this year rather than buying gifts.

My total sales for yesterday were $375. About $50 less than they were last year for this same show. I only sold one of my mini-albums ($20). Yet last year I sold all 3 that I had made. People just weren't interested in the higher priced items. The bulk of my sales were items that were $10 or less, and even then most of the items I sold were $6 or less. I think the economy is just really affecting things right now.

If anyone wants to see the type of things that I sold, feel free to visit my blog. I've been posting most of what I did for the craft show on there for the past couple of months. I hope those with upcoming shows do really well!

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #646  
Matboard Maniac

congrats to everyone with fairs this past weekend (mine's next saturday) - looks like things are starting to pick up...and the best is yet to come - went to the mall yesterday and heard over and over people saying they were looking for inexpensive, unusual gifts for the folks on their lists - this is where all of us come in !!! - we got the goods !!
why am I puttsing around on this computer when my fair's next week ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #647  
Gallery Gazer

I went a show on Saturday and sold 4 sets of DH's no bake cookies. Disappointed to say the least. Where do you all find these shows where you sell so much? My display looked very good and I had a wide variety. Although, we went three hours with NO ONE walking through at all. The vendors wanted to pack up by 1:30. I'm glad that I told myself what was done on Thursday night was done and not to worry about making anymore. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #648  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeneyView Post
I went a show on Saturday and sold 4 sets of DH's no bake cookies. Disappointed to say the least. Where do you all find these shows where you sell so much? My display looked very good and I had a wide variety. Although, we went three hours with NO ONE walking through at all. The vendors wanted to pack up by 1:30. I'm glad that I told myself what was done on Thursday night was done and not to worry about making anymore. :(
My show was much like yours! Sorry you didn't have the sales you hoped for! At least we have gifts for last minute giving!! Blessings to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #649  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I think it's always worth staying to the end of the advertised show time. I can't tell you how many shows I've participated in where someone would run in at the last minute and buy something. If you're not there....you lose!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #650  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedbygraceView Post
My show was much like yours! Sorry you didn't have the sales you hoped for! At least we have gifts for last minute giving!! Blessings to you!
I have one more show on the 7th, so I can use what I made for this show at the next. Less work, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #651  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Where do you all find these shows where you sell so much?
I think in my case, the difference is the show attendance. We had almost 1500 people through on Saturday, so the chance of sales was pretty high. I also had a great spot! Already reserved/paid for next year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #652  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Benny,

I was able to find them at a store called "Smart and Final". That's the only place I have seen them. You might want to ask the manager at your grocery store if they can order them for you. To be honest, I only sold 4 Snowman Soups between the two events that I have done. I do have someone talking to me about ordering some for her business contacts, but we'll see if that pans out. Good luck!
Christel,
Sorry to hear that your "Snowman Soup" didn't sell so well. The folks around here have never hear of it. Hope we can sell some at the fair. I'll try to see if I can get them ordered. Good luck with your contact. I'm trying to get into stamping and bout my first set today. They don't have any craft stores close to where I live so I'll ha have to visit some when I go to my daughter's for Thanksgiving.
I hope everyone on this site has a happy and blessed holiday.
Hugs,
Benny
P. S.
I really love this site. Everyone has inspired me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #653  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing we can all agree on - the public is sure fickle!!

Sincere consolation to all of you who had disappointing shows. That really is disappointing to work so hard on things, get them to the show, set them up, and sit and wait for buyers who don't show.:(

This is my first year to do craft shows, and I think I have been pretty fortunate to stumble onto shows that were advertised and run well. Half the battle is getting people to the show. Whether they will buy much once they are there is still anybody's guess.

The first one I did was in October and was an outdoor festival. There were quite a few people in attendance, but sales were so-so. It was a lovely day and people came with their dogs on leashes and kids in strollers and mostly just walked around and looked. Not much buying from any vendors.

The last two have been much better. They were well advertised church bazaars and people seemed to be ready to buy things for Christmas gifts. But like others have said, not many high dollar (as in over $5 or $6) items were sold by anyone that I saw at my booth or around nearby.

My fair yesterday was my best one yet, but nothing sold out by any means. Bestsellers were mostly in the $3 to $4 range. I did have a couple of customers who really loaded up for office gifts and bridge club gifts. Decorated mini notebooks w/pens, post it holder notebooks w/pens.

I sold quite a few Ghirardelli squares in little folders, too.

One sale was a whole bunch of gift card holders @ $4 each and packaged candy - like nuggets and peppermint patties @ $3 and $4 each.

Lots of folks were very complimentary, picked up everything on the table and looked at it, and then walked away without buying anything.

One lady was really upfront and said, "Well, I guess I have to buy one of these to see how to make it myself.":mrgreen:

And for the record, I am sure sick of my Snowman Soup in all those stinkin' little cute red pails! I made 15 of those little guys and they have traveled back and forth with me to all my shows. I have not had ANY interest in a single one of them. People in Oklahoma just don't seem to "get" the Snowman Mystique, I guess.

I am pretty optimistic, though, as I have 3 more fairs lined up. I actually need to make some more notebooks and candy packs.

I am a people person at heart, and I really do enjoy the craft show experience. I've met some real great, funny, interesting people at the shows, and had fun so far.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #654  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I have one more show on the 7th, so I can use what I made for this show at the next. Less work, I suppose.
Don't get discouraged. I did a show a couple years ago and hardly anyone walked thru. My sales were less than 50. with the same items that two weeks previous at a differant show sold over 200. What doesn't sell at one show will at another. I have been doing shows for 4 years and I always store my unsold items from year to year and always add new to it each year. My craft room stays busy all year round as that is where I go to relax and I relax by crafting. I also try to sign each thing I make with my initials or my initials and year. Yesterday one of my sales was of a framed stamped piece for 6. (that I did in 2007) to a lady that was at this same show all the previous years. If you really enjoy doing the craftshows what doesn't sell this year will next year or the year after that and give you a base to build on. It also helps you build a wider variety. If it wasn't for that base and variety of saved up items from years past, my booth would have been pretty empty this year as I wasn't able to complete all the projects for this year. I hope you have alot of sales on the 7th and alot of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #655  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniewrenView Post
I had a show yesterday, and here is what sold best:

Clippy boards - sold about 30 of them @ $3 each.

Covered Jr. Legal Pads - sold 13 of the 14 I made @ $4 each.

Magnets - I put them in sets of 4 and sold half of what I took @ $2.50 per set.

Christmas Fudge Kits - I'm not allowed to sell candy items at this particular show that I do, so I made up kits so that people could go buy their own candy bars and make their own with my pre-cut, stamped & embellished kits. Sold all 7 kits @ $3.50 each. Each kit made 3 bars.

Cards - last year at this show I sold less than 6 cards....this year I sold 40+. It is just so weird. I think more people may be looking to send cards this year rather than buying gifts.

My total sales for yesterday were $375. About $50 less than they were last year for this same show. I only sold one of my mini-albums ($20). Yet last year I sold all 3 that I had made. People just weren't interested in the higher priced items. The bulk of my sales were items that were $10 or less, and even then most of the items I sold were $6 or less. I think the economy is just really affecting things right now.

If anyone wants to see the type of things that I sold, feel free to visit my blog. I've been posting most of what I did for the craft show on there for the past couple of months. I hope those with upcoming shows do really well!
Jenn, Congrats on good sales at your show. I just looked through your blog at all your items. You really do make cute stuff. I especially liked the little ornaments. I've made magnets that way, but never would have thought to make ornaments. I agree with your hubby, they are cute, cute!

I agree with you about the economy affecting what people are buying. They seem to really be making every dollar count and not buying impulsively at all, even on the small things.

As an example, I had cute packets of Magic Reindeer Food which all the kids really liked. Their "mean" mothers didn't want to buy it for them, even though it was really inexpensive. I got a little put out with the mothers yanking their child's arms away from the table all day. It wasn't necessarily that I even wanted to sell the stuff - I was just sorry the kids were disappointed. One mother said, in a real nasty tone: "No, you can't have that. It's nothing but oatmeal!" I thought to myself, "Now that's the real Christmas spirit, Mom."

Oh well, like my dear departed dad always said, "It takes all kinds - and they're all here." There were also a lot of really nice people who stopped at my table.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #656  
Duchess of Dork

Just got back from a trip to Houston (a 3-4 hour drive, or if you take the scenic route---huge mistake---it can be a 5 hour drive) for a craft fair. The fair was about 45 minutes-1 hour drive from my brother's house, at the church where he is a pastor (he's new to pastoring, so this probably won't be his forever church, thus he's staying in his house in Houston). Today we drove back for church & took a WAY too long way to get home.

The fair was nice, but I came out with a huge loss for the trip. I maybe got $30 total. I spent more than double that on gas, so this was not good. Plus, the spot cost $25 to start. I sold pig wands like crazy for $1. I almost ran out. Wish I'd had 100 of those! I might have earned more! LOL!

I was looking at the title of this thread, "Craft fairs--what's selling these days?" and wanted to scream, "NOTHING!" I see I am not alone in this kind of disappointment, but those of you who HAVE done well are encouraging me. I got home & had a message from a friend, "Do you want to set up at a craft fair Tuesday night? It's free." I arranged kid care (my girls are 10 & 13, but not really ready to stay alone) & will be there! I'll let y'all know how it goes. I really want to get my purses/bags out there for people to see & buy.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #657  
Embossing Fanatic

I'd like to make some of the jumbo clip book marks. What size are the clips and where can I get them???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #658  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lannoeView Post
I'd like to make some of the jumbo clip book marks. What size are the clips and where can I get them???
The large clips are called Mega clips, 4 inches, and the smaller ones are called Jumbo, 2 inches. You can sometimes find them at Walmart, or at Staples or Office Depot.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #659  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get the Jumbo paperclips at Walmart in the Desk accessories section if they are not sold out, I had to go to 2 different Walmarts to find them... there is a Walmart within 10 min of me in every direction. Best part is they are only .97 cents for a package of 10!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #660  
Embossing Fanatic

Which are best for book marks? Jumbo or Mega clips?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #661  
Embossing Fanatic

Okay another silly question, am new to all of this. Do you need to have a business license in order to participate in craft shows?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #662  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Okay another silly question, am new to all of this. Do you need to have a business license in order to participate in craft shows?

Nope, at least none that I've been in
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #663  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh good! Thanks mommyspencer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #664  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Which are best for book marks? Jumbo or Mega clips?
I made a bunch of the Jumbo - 2 inch ones for my first fair. They only sold for 50 cents each, and they are just as much trouble to make as the larger Mega ones, which you can sell for more money.

I would say go for the Mega clips if you're going to make them.

In my part of the country, people don't seem to be interested in bookmarks very much, so I'm not making more for future shows.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #665  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

In my part of the country, people don't seem to be interested in bookmarks very much, so I'm not making more for future shows.
That's what I found, too, when I tried to sell them at last year's craft fair...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #666  
Rubber Obsessor

I admit, I've gone to craft fairs looking for "ideas". I purchase one of what I like with the best intention to take it home, disect it for a pattern, and make them up.... rarely ever do I get it done. After seeing this sign, I now make all my purchases from craft fairs instead of thinking I'll make it later..... hope it helps all of you craft fair vendors! "Sure you CAN - but WILL you?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #667  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni & MadgeView Post
I admit, I've gone to craft fairs looking for "ideas". I purchase one of what I like with the best intention to take it home, disect it for a pattern, and make them up.... rarely ever do I get it done. After seeing this sign, I now make all my purchases from craft fairs instead of thinking I'll make it later..... hope it helps all of you craft fair vendors! "Sure you CAN - but WILL you?"
I think it's funny... I don't really care if they buy it from me in order to copy it. I sold it and that's what I wanted to do, right? It's funny when people come up and hold a piece for a while and start asking me about how I made it, what tools I used and then put it down and walk away. I don't think I'd say it bothers me, I just think it's funny. I personally would buy something that I saw that I liked. After making all of the things that I did for my craft fair I have realized that sometimes it's just not worth the time and energy I have to spend on it, I'd rather just buy it from someone else.

Every time someone said "wow, you made all of this yourself?" my heart would swell with pride. I think it does an ego good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #668  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
I think it's funny... I don't really care if they buy it from me in order to copy it. I sold it and that's what I wanted to do, right? It's funny when people come up and hold a piece for a while and start asking me about how I made it, what tools I used and then put it down and walk away. I don't think I'd say it bothers me, I just think it's funny. I personally would buy something that I saw that I liked. After making all of the things that I did for my craft fair I have realized that sometimes it's just not worth the time and energy I have to spend on it, I'd rather just buy it from someone else.

Every time someone said "wow, you made all of this yourself?" my heart would swell with pride. I think it does an ego good.
Good point!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #669  
Stampin' Fool

Just wanted to share my pics! Everything sold pretty well. I think I sold at least a few of everything but the snowman ornaments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #670  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

ok jenn-i peeked at each of your photos. that's alot of work & talent!
couple questions. just for my use. not going to mass produce.
1. do you have a side view of your fork easel?
2. what is pccrafter? love the snowmen on the popcorn wrapper
3.pinkhedgehog? is that a blog. i think so,right?
4.snowman tent. is there a pattern? love the image also.

beatuiful items again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #671  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Jenn, how much did you charge for your snowmen bars? I made up some Santa suit decorated large chocolate bars as Christmas fudge and didn't sell any :(. I was asking $4 - maybe that was too much?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #672  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I made a bunch of the Jumbo - 2 inch ones for my first fair. They only sold for 50 cents each, and they are just as much trouble to make as the larger Mega ones, which you can sell for more money.

I would say go for the Mega clips if you're going to make them.

I made approx. 30 of the mega clip bookmarks for a craft show a year ago. I started out selling them for $1.50 and it took marking them down to $1.00 and 4 craft shows to sell most of them. I still have 5 or 6 of them left. :( Some areas are just fickle about things. It's so weird.

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #673  
Matboard Maniac

Great stuff Jenn. Thanks for all the wonderful Pics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #674  
Stampin' Fool

Jen, great pics! So many cute items! Very nice display!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #675  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
ok jenn-i peeked at each of your photos. that's alot of work & talent!
couple questions. just for my use. not going to mass produce.
1. do you have a side view of your fork easel?
2. what is pccrafter? love the snowmen on the popcorn wrapper
3.pinkhedgehog? is that a blog. i think so,right?
4.snowman tent. is there a pattern? love the image also.

beatuiful items again.
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img00003.jpg

pcCrafter.com is the website where I got the image for the snowman tents and the popcorn wrapper. I believe the package I got was called winter friends, and it was under $5

Pink hedgehog is another user here, and yes, I believe she has a wonderful blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #676  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyspencerView Post
Hey Jenn, how much did you charge for your snowmen bars? I made up some Santa suit decorated large chocolate bars as Christmas fudge and didn't sell any :(. I was asking $4 - maybe that was too much?
I sell the regular size candy bars for $2.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #677  
Mad Swapper

I am working on my stuff. I am thinking of doing Snowman poop in a little cello bag with a top note topper. Since it is just marshmallows I want to keep it smaller and more cost effective. Reindeer noses and grinch pills the same thing in the small cello bag with topper. For the snowman soup I really like the boxes I have seen here and think I am going to go with something like that, since the contents are a little more present like.

I am stuck with what to do on the reindeer poop. I am thinking of doing an acetate box (from the resource section). I have seen milk balls or chocolate covered peanuts. I don't care for milk balls (waste of money if they don't sell) and I am afraid the chocolate covered peanuts will not be very cost effective. What else have you used? Chocolate covered peanuts? Would you use all the colors? Hershey kisses would be cool, but they are all wrapped. Chocolate chips are not really an eat alone candy. Am I over thinking this one? Do you think I should have all the different types of "poop, soups, pills & noses" or should I focus on one or two?
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #678  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenndspencerView Post
Attachment 168304

pcCrafter.com is the website where I got the image for the snowman tents and the popcorn wrapper. I believe the package I got was called winter friends, and it was under $5

Pink hedgehog is another user here, and yes, I believe she has a wonderful blog!
thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #679  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=kaitysmom;15552832]Hey Maria! Congrats on the big numbers! I haven't tallied up my profit yet, but thinking I at least broke $500.00! I even had a lady get "nasty" with me because I ran out of Snowman Poop! Really???? I felt better after I gave her a free bag of Grinch Pills! :-D Not sure that she "got it" though!]

Katysmom, you made me laugh! Love your sense of humor (maybe 'cause it's just like mine!)
I don't do craft fairs, just like reading about everyone's experiences here. But you've given me an idea: I'm going to make up a bunch of Grinch Pills and carry them around with me between now and Christmas. I'll happily pass them out to anyone acting "Grinchy" and hope it makes them feel better (but if it doesn't, at least it'll make me chuckle and keep me from feeling Grinchy!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #680  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
I am working on my stuff. I am thinking of doing Snowman poop in a little cello bag with a top note topper. Since it is just marshmallows I want to keep it smaller and more cost effective. Reindeer noses and grinch pills the same thing in the small cello bag with topper. For the snowman soup I really like the boxes I have seen here and think I am going to go with something like that, since the contents are a little more present like.

I am stuck with what to do on the reindeer poop. I am thinking of doing an acetate box (from the resource section). I have seen milk balls or chocolate covered peanuts. I don't care for milk balls (waste of money if they don't sell) and I am afraid the chocolate covered peanuts will not be very cost effective. What else have you used? Chocolate covered peanuts? Would you use all the colors? Hershey kisses would be cool, but they are all wrapped. Chocolate chips are not really an eat alone candy. Am I over thinking this one? Do you think I should have all the different types of "poop, soups, pills & noses" or should I focus on one or two?
I sell all kinds of "poops, soups, pills, noses, kisses, etc". These have turned into my moneymaker because people will buy the different ones for the different people they know. I use choc covered raisins from Sams or Costco. I put about 1/4 cup in each bag and sell for $1. I can get a lot of bags out of a $6 container of raisins. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes