Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Which Copic to use???? HELP (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/copic-use-help-463823/)

Mama Kim 10-14-2009 08:19 AM

Which Copic to use???? HELP

A friend of mine has ONE copic sketch marker, the E30 Bisque color. I like it for coloring the skin on images but it seems a little to light. I found a E33 Sand at a local store but they only have a couple of colors.

What color is best for skin tones? I like the way the copic looks compared to the SU markers for the skin coloring.

I'm also going to look online for a place to buy copic sketch, so any help there would be appreciated too.

Thanks.

sara henton 10-14-2009 08:21 AM

I like using E00 & Y00 I think it is. They go well together. I think I got one or both at HL which is know for it's limited amount of copics

Mama Kim 10-14-2009 08:50 AM

Thanks for the info Sara. I'll have to find a site that shows the colors and look those up.

crazystampchick 10-14-2009 11:26 AM

E13 light suntan and E21 baby skin pink are great skin colors. I also like R00 pinkish white E00 skin white for lighter tones.

annie cardmakers 10-16-2009 07:59 AM

can someone HELP,me ..I need to no what to use (colour wise )for trees with copic markers..I can't seem to find any tutorials..thanks

stampencamper 10-16-2009 10:48 AM

there are a lot of tutoriaals to be found on the internet, just try a "google search" for facial copic coloring, tree trunk and tree leaves.

sara henton 10-16-2009 11:00 AM

There are a lot of places that now offer groupings for colorings like skin & trees & hair, etc.

If nothing else you can go there for ideas.

Susana's Custom Art & Card Design
Flourishes

jessjean 10-16-2009 08:11 PM

Suzanne Dean has some great Copic Videos that show how she colors skin tones over on YouTube.

Check them out here: African-American & Caucasian

She talks about her favorite skin tone markers on her videos.

You should also check out the Copic Creations blog - they have a ton of Copic information over there too and do weekly challenges that are really educational.

Mama Kim 10-16-2009 09:07 PM

thanks for the info everyone. I just ordered a couple from 7kidscollegefund.com

jenlovecopic 10-23-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Kim (Post 15350791)
A friend of mine has ONE copic sketch marker, the E30 Bisque color. I like it for coloring the skin on images but it seems a little to light. I found a E33 Sand at a local store but they only have a couple of colors.

What color is best for skin tones? I like the way the copic looks compared to the SU markers for the skin coloring.

I'm also going to look online for a place to buy copic sketch, so any help there would be appreciated too.

Thanks.

I would recommend the following color if you would like to use it for coloring skin tone: E04. R20, E95, E50, E53, YR00, E11, & E57

xoxo,
Jen