Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2018, 10:17 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 865 Likes on 516 Posts
Smile Question about Faber Castell colored pencils...

What is the difference between the GoldFaber Faber Castells and the Polychromos?
I bought a few of the Goldfaber ones at Hobby Lobby a while back and really like them. I also see just plain Faber Catell pencils, not the Goldfaber or the Polychromos, and I guess they are the Eco line of their pencils. Just wondered what is the difference?
I really like that you can buy the individual ones at Hobby Lobby, so I can get colors I don't normally get in colored pencil. Wondered who else sell the individual Goldfaber ones individually?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2018, 10:34 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I wondered if just the plain ones were any good? Also saw a different brand called Artzega? Anyone know about those?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2018, 10:51 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I see that Dick Blick has polychromos individual for 1.42 right now and prismacolors for 1.16. There was another place that had great deals on individual markers, but I can't remember the name of it.
Dick Blick might be a good place to buy some individual colors. I have a good selection of primary and basic colors. I just love extra pinks, corals, turquoise etc...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2018, 04:37 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the gelato crayons and love them. I know nothing of the other products. why not go to Youtube and type in the product name?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

That is a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

After watching some videos, I think I am going to just appreciate the ones I have and not worry about the polychromos. They look like they are a little more work to blend and are super expensive!!! I have some prismacolors that I bought off Etsy and Ebay in the past, and they are the ones with the gold lettering, and I love those. Was happy with my Crayolas when coloring with them last night also. I have a bit of pencils in several other brands too, so I have plenty. I just get on these kicks sometimes. You see someone with an amazing card, and think oooh, I might want those pencils. But after practicing with what I have, I am very happy. I might pick up an occasional Goldfaber Faber-Castell at Hobby Lobby, but I'm content with the ones I have. I get a little hyper about things sometimes! lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like gelatos you should look into Brusho or Color Burst (powdered watercolor that is reactive to water in amazing ways) Or Dylusions Spray and their other products. Yes I think I will get those Polychromes but I am happy with my Prismas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I got a set of the Tim Hotlz distress crayons to play with. I still have lots I want to try with them; I've only done a couple things with them so far. Thank goodness for YouTube videos, or I wouldn't have a clue how to use them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
What is the difference between the GoldFaber Faber Castells and the Polychromos?
I bought a few of the Goldfaber ones at Hobby Lobby a while back and really like them. I also see just plain Faber Catell pencils, not the Goldfaber or the Polychromos, and I guess they are the Eco line of their pencils. Just wondered what is the difference?
I really like that you can buy the individual ones at Hobby Lobby, so I can get colors I don't normally get in colored pencil. Wondered who else sell the individual Goldfaber ones individually?

It looks like the GoldFaber is more for students and hobbyists, with the Polychromos being more artist-y? There are more color choices in the Polychromos line. (just saying) Probably both are good. I really like my FC watercolor pencils.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I haven't tried the FC watercolor pencils. I have some in another brand, that are less expensive. Maybe I'll get one or two the next time I'm at Hobby Lobby. I love that they have the pencils open stock, where you can pick out the ones you want and not buy whole sets! I hate having to buy whole sets when you just want a few colors!
Reply With Quote Likes