Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-29-2010, 05:55 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copic Newbie

I finally broke down and bought myself some Copic Markers, what are your favorite Copic instructional sites or vidoes? I've been watching a few of the videos on You Tube, and it seems everyone has different opinions on how to color with them, what weight of paper, etc., etc. I'm cofused and I haven't even received my markers yet! I bought 72 of the Ciao, that should do me for life!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like markers - best site for Copics.

If you bought a set, you likely don't have the colors you need to properly blend. Go to Ellen Hutson's site for color combinations. She has several blogs. This one has a lot of coloring techniques.

Enjoy your Copics! They're wonderful and addictive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Are there any stamp/scrapbook stores in your area who sell them? sometimes they have classes or could answer questions and show examples.

I see you are in MN (me too), are you near the Cities? Archivers carries them, maybe they have classes. I know the lady from the Ilikemarkers blog has done a class or something there once (at the MOA).

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh you are going to have so much fun with your Copics... there are so many places on the web to get some info...and yes everyone has a different style. Marianne Walker- I like Markers is the copic guru! If you want color theory and best advice on using your markers that is a great place for info.

I don't think there is a right and wrong way to color with your copics (except do not use coated paper..lol) ...just an end result that you prefer. I know I personally color differently depending on the image...sometimes light to dark...sometimes dark to light...sometimes circle blending...sometimes feather strokes...whatever I feel like. I color for fun..I am not certified or anything like that so these are just my opinions.

I post color combos all the time on my blog and I have a FAQ page with resources....

There is also a great new site that just started up...Color Me Copic there will definitely be more info and tutorials to come in the future. These ladies are my favorite bloggers who use copics and they all came together to share their info on this one blog.

Have fun and enjoy your Copics!!!
-Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I agree with the comments that have been posted, those sites have great information.

I'm currently taking some online Copic classes through Suzanne Dean's Creative Classroom and you can see her work, check out some YouTube videos at her blog: scrapbitz.blogspot.com to see if you're interested. She's great and the classes are wonderful. You have a year to complete them, the videos are wonderful, there are chats, homework (if you want, that she reviews w/feedback), and you can email her with questions or concerns. She's very available and helpful and her class videos go into so much detail. I'm really enjoying my Copics even more..... There's a link to her classroom on her blog, and right now you can get a discount if you sign up for more than 1 class. Check out her work and see what you think, I'm very happy with my choice to go with her. I've learned so much fine-tuning, and it just is a matter of practicing what you learn regarding light source, blending, laying down your color, etc.

Good luck no matter what and have fun with your new Copic adventure!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am also in two of Suzanne's advanced classes! They are amazing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

I learned to color with my copics from watching Suzanne Dean's You Tube videos. Here is the link:

http://www.scrapbitz-tutorialsandtem....blogspot.com/

I hope it helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi you two Mnsotans. wow, 72 for your first purchase. You are going to be confused for awhile until you get into more searching on internet for viewing. I have printed off a lot
of pages from google searching for copics, to view. I also like the copic color challanges, to use on my cards.
http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Scra...Color/2652.php
I would not purchase any more copics until you see copic selections used online, and usually order 3 blending colors together, the kits are not necessarily the blending
markers, where you need about three copics to color a section and blend.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did choose my own colors. I didn't get the kit. I did reseach enough to understand the numbering and how to choose groups of 3. I will probably sign up for some online classes. I'll get it all figured out. I just thought maybe someone knew of a really good site.
Reply With Quote Likes