Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Xyron Sticker Maker

Ok, so I went to Wal-Mart tonight on the way home. (when you live in Northwest Arkansas there really isn't any other place) and while I was there DH calls me and tells me we are under a tornado WARNING and that there is one headed right for where I was. Tells me... stay there atleast until the warning is over... so, an hour later my basket has a Xyron sticker maker, some random buttons and charms that are on clearance and a few magazines in it.

I honestly wasn't sure about this Xyron thing but figured, what the heck... I'm here for an hour I might as well make it worth it so I picked it up.

THIS THING ROCKS! ok, I'm sure the coolness will probably wear off after a while and it probably has some cons but I just think its COOL!

Needless to say, no tornado... just a wall cloud.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the Xyron machines are terrific! I have 4 different ones. Which one did you get? It's so much nicer to use them instead of liquid glue or even glue stick. For small items like letters, use the X one. The size of the machines go up from there. You can get permanent or temporary adhesive cartridges for each of the machines.

I love mine and use them for most everything.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

couldnt live without great for getting small parts on cards and scrapbooks a must have
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

You were meant to have the sticker maker--it was fate!! I love mine and couldn't live without it!! Have fun with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the Xyron 500 and 150. Walmart has the cheapest replacement cartridges I've seen so far. Their everyday price is still cheaper than Joann's -even with a 40% off coupon. I'm no fan of Walmart- but if you end up using yours alot, you'll go through the cartridge faster than you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 04:32 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I have two; the little X one, and I think the 500. I use the little X one all the time. Especially if I've cut any letters out w/my cricut. The only downside is sometimes a bit of the adhesive smushes over the edge a bit so you'll have to go back and remove it. I just use a regular adhesive remover for that and it seems to work ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 06:15 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone - I got the 500. I'm thinking of getting the 150 (X) tonight on the way home. Hopefully there won't be any bad weather! I'm thinking the X would be better for small things as not to waste a lot of the adhesive. Does it work the same way?

As for WM, unfortunately I live in Northwest Arkansas (home of the home office for WM) and we don't have anywhere else. I have 1 target but it is 35 miles away. 1 target to 8 Wal-Marts! Gotta love it! From what I have seen in my travels, we have the best WMs by far! Imagine that...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To remove the stray adhesive strings that may form around your letters, etc when using the Xyron machines, get the adhesive eraser. Looks like a small square with a rather bumpy texture to it. Works terrific!! Won't discolor your paper or get dirty marks from the adhesive, just picks it up.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Enlighten me- do you use it in place of using glue?? I was thinking it would actually make "stickers." Say for instance if I wanted to make my own envelope seals. Do you think it would work for that??

I've been wanting one for a bit now and haven't taken the plunge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=netheadred;9310522]Hi everyone - I got the 500. I'm thinking of getting the 150 (X) tonight on the way home. Hopefully there won't be any bad weather! I'm thinking the X would be better for small things as not to waste a lot of the adhesive. Does it work the same way?

If you are using Sizzix for titles or shapes, run strips of paper thru the 500 and then cut your lettersshapes out.

GeryB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love them all!!! I want them all!!! I use them all the time!!! (I have 3 different sizes)

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the 900 and the sticker 2.5" size and I love them! I'm thinking about getting the one in the middle, I think its a 500 or 510. They're great. Someone posted a tip: run a bone folder over the clear plastic before you pull it off. It will help to not have the extra adhesive on the sides of your cardstock. If all else fails the adhesive eraser that Stampin Up sells is great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Talking

I have three different Xyrons. I use them all ALL the time!!! I LOVE XYRON! I use my X for all my small stuff and works great on letters. my 550 and 900 I use for bigger stuff. I have the laminating cartridge and it works well. I only use repositionable adhesive anyway so this is excellant for me! I would recomend the Xyron to ANYONE. (no I don't work for them--LOL) I have given the X as gifts to friends. I havn't found another product I use more...my christmas cards and several different colors of cardstock that was layered on the card (little overlapping rectangles and stuff) I ran them through my Xyron and I was a card making fool! I put 40 cards together in 2 hrs and they were very detailed. (for some reason I always try to stretch myself as thin as possible so I am near a nervous breakdown by the end of my project..hee hee!) sorry to ramble....anyway....I highly recommend all the Xyron products! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Hey everyone I just got my email from Hobby Lobby and all of their Xyron product is 30% off this week and they also have a 40% coupon...can't use both discounts together, but you could buy more stuff!!!!!!!!
WOO HOO!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 12:45 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

I have been thinking about investing in one of these - someone's blog (Debbie Olsen maybe?) used the machine to make stickers of monogrammed initials to use as sealed with sets of handmade stationary they made as gifts for people - really nice gift idea!

Is there a particular size you recommend for this use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

These are a must have i have both the x and the 510 i used them both to make my 120 wedding invitations.. it made it so easy. they work great for ribbon and small embellishments.. it makes everything so easy with no mess. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

I have the "X" and the 510. I don't use the 510 often - I have the waste. I just can't figure out how not to waste so much adhesive when running the paper through. Is there a trick?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the little "X" one....it stays in my tool bag. After I bought my Cricut, I finally got it out and started using it and I couldn't imagine not having it. In fact, I've bought them for friends that scrapbook with me and use my Cricut because it's such a big hit. I do use my bone folder to try to cut down on the adhesive build up and finally just bought my adhesive eraser...I can't wait to try it out! Enjoy using your new purchase...you won't be sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #19  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I bought the 510 about three weeks ago because I was making two ABC scrapbooks and did not want to have to individually glue the pieces. I LOVE it! It made putting those books together so much easier. I was visiting my mother at the time, and I think I've enabled her now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I alway have things that I have punched out and not used and I save them especialy for my Xrons. When I put something through, that I need to use right away, I have a stash of punched out items that I run through enough to get the item I need out, but not the "spare". So there is ususally always something in my Xron, and when I need the other punches, they are all ready to go! I hope that makes sense!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I love mine too! Have fun with it!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

i use my 510 for some larger things and i put through as many things i can fit through at once. When i was making my invitations i had ribbon that was about one inch thick so i put five through at once. i love mine and use it all the time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

I use the X to run ribbon thru to put on cards...love it. It stays on and doesn't show the adhesive on the other side. I've used it for vellum too. Peggy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

After you run something through the xyron, any size, use an old ball point pen or stylus to run around the clear film, then peel off. No stray glue. If you do get strays, I agree that the square adhesive remover is great.
I have an X, 250, 510, and 850. I use them all, and have had the 850 for years. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

UnDu will take the stray glue off, too. I use that especially when I'm using Mirrocard (metallic finish cardstock) because that seems to take off the glue better than the adhesive eraser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Received 67 Likes on 25 Posts

I love my little X!!! For all those strange shaped cut-outs that I can't get tape on the back of. Glad you made it through the warning without incident...you will probably think of it every time you use your X!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by netheadredView Post
Ok, so I went to Wal-Mart tonight on the way home. (when you live in Northwest Arkansas there really isn't any other place) and while I was there DH calls me and tells me we are under a tornado WARNING and that there is one headed right for where I was. Tells me... stay there atleast until the warning is over... so, an hour later my basket has a Xyron sticker maker, some random buttons and charms that are on clearance and a few magazines in it.

I honestly wasn't sure about this Xyron thing but figured, what the heck... I'm here for an hour I might as well make it worth it so I picked it up.

THIS THING ROCKS! ok, I'm sure the coolness will probably wear off after a while and it probably has some cons but I just think its COOL!

Needless to say, no tornado... just a wall cloud.
Wendy
That's the only Xyron that I have and had it for a year and finally got it out to try it. OH MY GOSH! Like you, I was in love. We've been together since. Do NOT know how I lived without it.
By the way............all we have is a Wal Mart too. I do drive 28 miles to the MIke's and HL. My girlfriend got married last summer and moved to a tiny town in northern Iowa and she's TWO hours from a craft store. OH !

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

Hi! I had a suprise this weekend! My AC Moore had a online coupon for 50% off 2 items this week and I decided to invest in the 900 xyron. To my amazement when I went to check out it discounted the 119.00 price 50% to $60 and then took the 2nd 50% off the $60 and made the total $30.00, I couldnt believe I got the 900 for $30. I had been on the fence about it for a year!
Reply With Quote Likes