Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #3041  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
Atlanta hasn't opened yet, don't worry! And as for OCL classes, in So. Cal I'll be doing OCL/Copic classes or make 'n takes. It depends on which location as to what I'm doing. I wish I knew more what I was doing, but those details are up to the sales manager so I just show up and color what they tell me to color and teach what they tell me to teach. I'm a slave, I tell ya, a slave
It's a rough life lady.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #3042  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach

How do I get info about the class in Myrtle Beach?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #3043  
Compulsive Stamper

Marianne,
You are every copic jukies idol!
Can't wait to learn at the upcoming Atlanta class!
Hugs
Barbara
http://copicbuzz.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #3044  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinniesongView Post
How do I get info about the class in Myrtle Beach?

Thanks,
Hello! And it's midnight here in Connecticut. Found this post and I wanted to mention a venue change for the November class - it appears that the retreat company that I sometimes travel with has rescheduled their event for October -- and so my conference room arrangements have gone up in a puff of sand.

So instead... I'm looking at COLUMBIA, SC. A bit more inland, and easier to fly in and fly out of --- which these days can be quite a bit of fun to find flights! But from all appearances a lovely store that has plenty of seats in a HUGE classroom, lots of markers in stock and a very sweet group of ladies on staff. --- stay tuned for the November 22nd certification class will be at The Stamping Place in Columbia, SC. That will be the venue for my November class.

Be colorful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #3045  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies-

I have recently started to use Copic markers and have been lulled in by them! I found this thread and there looks to be a lot of reading for me to do.

There are only two locations in my area that sell the Copics and I have purchased about 20 markers. I will have to check out the suggested online stores, as the art store I am purchasing at is charging $6 a marker. Do you find it hard to order the color online, without seeing the actual ink? Some of the markers have looked at are quite different than the color on the cap.....but then again, it will justify another purchase and add to the collection, right?!

To Marrianne, thank you, for your blog. I have learned so much on there from Copics, ink, to paper. You are so very talented!

Have a good day~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #3046  
Rubber Obsessor

YAY I just got my first few copics today from Hobby Lobby and am looking forward to seeing what all the RAGE is about. It's going to take me a while to get up my collection I suppose. OH and FYI Hobby Lobby has them on sale this week for 30% off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #3047  
Gabfest Goddess

I love the copics but still learning to use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 AM   #3048  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkyheartView Post
Hello! And it's midnight here in Connecticut. Found this post and I wanted to mention a venue change for the November class - it appears that the retreat company that I sometimes travel with has rescheduled their event for October -- and so my conference room arrangements have gone up in a puff of sand.

So instead... I'm looking at COLUMBIA, SC. A bit more inland, and easier to fly in and fly out of --- which these days can be quite a bit of fun to find flights! But from all appearances a lovely store that has plenty of seats in a HUGE classroom, lots of markers in stock and a very sweet group of ladies on staff. --- stay tuned for the November 22nd certification class will be at The Stamping Place in Columbia, SC. That will be the venue for my November class.

Be colorful!
Do you have any info on the venue for the San Antonio class?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #3049  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirokeyView Post
Do you have any info on the venue for the San Antonio class?
I think I heard it will be at Stamp Antonio.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #3050  
Cardstock Collector

oh yeah copic markers are awesome.pure magic...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #3051  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda5508View Post
oh yeah copic markers are awesome.pure magic...
amen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #3052  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueInksView Post
Hi Ladies-

I have recently started to use Copic markers and have been lulled in by them! I found this thread and there looks to be a lot of reading for me to do.

There are only two locations in my area that sell the Copics and I have purchased about 20 markers. I will have to check out the suggested online stores, as the art store I am purchasing at is charging $6 a marker. Do you find it hard to order the color online, without seeing the actual ink? Some of the markers have looked at are quite different than the color on the cap.....but then again, it will justify another purchase and add to the collection, right?!

To Marrianne, thank you, for your blog. I have learned so much on there from Copics, ink, to paper. You are so very talented!

Have a good day~
Wow $6 a marker is alot more then I am willing to spend. I order mine online using carpediemstore.com the sketch are 4.65 or so. The only thing about ordering through them is the shipping is high, $11 & up; but if you order $80 or more it's free shipping. The other place which I was refered to and have ordered twice from was 7kidscollegefund.com They are 4.89 and shiping is great you get to pick your own way.. so cheap, love it!
To answer your question about ordering online, it's very easy and I have never had any problems as of yet. I have only ordered 1 marker that was too similar for me and if I had seen it would not have bought it which is BG13 &
BG15. Although alot of people say that is a good color combo to have it is just to close for me. I downloaded the color chart from the copic website and take allot of notes on tips that the folks on here mention about good and not so good color combos. A little extra work but I have saved a fortune in doing so, I have about 68 markers now and all ordered on-line. Hope that helps you feel free to PM me anytime, if you have anymore questions about ordering online. The people on this forum are great and SO helpful. They take most of the guess work out if you go back and read the posts. take care
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #3053  
Matboard Maniac

OMG - I just ordered from oozak.com. Amazing.....within minutes these emails:
thank you for your order, payment received and is in packing, order complete and shipped. Holy cow...all this within 15 minutes! I hope the delivery service is as speedy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #3054  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oozak's shipping is the best.

smallcity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #3055  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone heard if Oozak is expecting a shipment some time soon?

I was going to email them, but they don't have that option apparently. I really want to order more markers, and they have the best prices and shipping offer I have found. I am patiently waiting. But it is hard.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #3056  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkyheartView Post

Be colorful!
I stopped at "Picture This" as I travelled through Eau Claire, WI recently expecting to find a large selection of copics--based on Sally Lynn's description of qualifications above and the fact that they have been advertising a certification class in August.....they literally had about 12 markers in stock--all odd colors. I was very disappointed.......cute store, just almost NO copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #3057  
Matboard Maniac

Default Oozak email

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
Has anyone heard if Oozak is expecting a shipment some time soon?

I was going to email them, but they don't have that option apparently. I really want to order more markers, and they have the best prices and shipping offer I have found. I am patiently waiting. But it is hard.
I have an email address of [email protected] if you wish to email Oozak...Let us all know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #3058  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayttapView Post
I have an email address of [email protected] if you wish to email Oozak...Let us all know!
Thanks. I sent an email and will post here with the answer.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #3059  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mireles4View Post
Wow $6 a marker is alot more then I am willing to spend. I order mine online using carpediemstore.com the sketch are 4.65 or so. The only thing about ordering through them is the shipping is high, $11 & up; but if you order $80 or more it's free shipping. The other place which I was refered to and have ordered twice from was 7kidscollegefund.com They are 4.89 and shiping is great you get to pick your own way.. so cheap, love it!
To answer your question about ordering online, it's very easy and I have never had any problems as of yet. I have only ordered 1 marker that was too similar for me and if I had seen it would not have bought it which is BG13 &
BG15. Although alot of people say that is a good color combo to have it is just to close for me. I downloaded the color chart from the copic website and take allot of notes on tips that the folks on here mention about good and not so good color combos. A little extra work but I have saved a fortune in doing so, I have about 68 markers now and all ordered on-line. Hope that helps you feel free to PM me anytime, if you have anymore questions about ordering online. The people on this forum are great and SO helpful. They take most of the guess work out if you go back and read the posts. take care
Thanks so much, for the information and insight. I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 04:28 AM   #3060  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueInksView Post
Hi Ladies-

Have a good day~
Oozak.com has the sketch markers for $4.25 each with free shipping at $50. They are super fast.

If you go to the copicmarker.com website, you can download a color wheel. Some people say that you don't choose colors that are touching each other on the wheel. They are too similiar. If you start reading some blogs, some copic lovers have suggested color groups.

I can't remember where I got this list from but it might be helpful.
copicstarterlist.pdf

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #3061  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinSulliView Post
Oozak.com has the sketch markers for $4.25 each with free shipping at $50. They are super fast.

If you go to the copicmarker.com website, you can download a color wheel. Some people say that you don't choose colors that are touching each other on the wheel. They are too similiar. If you start reading some blogs, some copic lovers have suggested color groups.

I can't remember where I got this list from but it might be helpful.
Attachment 157246

HTH
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #3062  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziscrapinView Post
A lady at our local craft store went to a certification class, so she decided to have a class, it was a big joke she read off what Marianne had told them and charged us, it wouldn't of been bad but you can learn more on-line. I have a business and wanted to take a class so I could teach because there is such a demand, but the classes are never in our parts of the world, I live in michigan and florida in the winter and most of them are in utah and california. Does anyone know where I can get some help??
Where in Michigan are you? There is a certification class in Grand Rapids on October 28th taught by Marianne. She just posted it on her blog, http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/

I have a great instructor, Sandy Hulsart. She is certified and teaches in Brighton, Livonia and Fowlerville. She is very helpful and takes time to answer every question and gives individual attention. Check out her blog, http://creativemomentswithsandy.blogspot.com/

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #3063  
Compulsive Stamper

I tried to get this answered by searching this thread but it isn't working. My question is...Can you use your copics to color an image you print out on your printer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #3064  
Compulsive Stamper

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #3065  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionskrapperView Post
I tried to get this answered by searching this thread but it isn't working. My question is...Can you use your copics to color an image you print out on your printer?
I do this all the time. Copics work great with digi stamps )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #3066  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

It depends on your printer. Many of the newer inkjet printers will work just fine, but some of the older ones have ink that bleeds. It will work just fine on laser prints or photocopies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #3067  
Matboard Maniac

Default Printing images

Quote:

Yes......I often scan in images after stamping to flip the image and print and color. It works well with copics, but I would check to be sure on a little corner of an image first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #3068  
Matboard Maniac

Great info. I wondered about the printing of digi stamps with copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #3069  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrap2dayView Post
Marianne,
You are every copic jukies idol!
Can't wait to learn at the upcoming Atlanta class!
Hugs
Barbara
Does anyone know when we can register for the Atlanta class and how to do it exactly? I also signed up for info on Mariann's blog about upcoming classes and didn't receive anything. Thanks

Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #3070  
Kookie Creator

Default free shipping

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
www.oozak.com! Sketch markers are $4.25 and shipping is FREE with a $50 order.
Just a note to Canadians on the board...the stores that offer free shipping with a certain $$ amount order does not include Canada. I was so excited when I seen the less expensive prices but some of them totally gouge you with the shipping. Just a friendly warning! There are some store with reasonable s/h prices...don't get me wrong! But I have found that generaly free in the US store mean free for US customers...still on the search for a reasonablely prices Canadian store in general! Anyone know of any?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #3071  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawfrView Post
...still on the search for a reasonablely prices Canadian store in general! Anyone know of any?
From the ones I have ordered from, most offer sketches around $6.50-$7.00:

Free shipping on copics in this Etsy store: (she recently had a great sale and ships super fast)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6224786

Peggy at Paperworksco: Copic Club and free ship over $100 has the new colors in stock and free prima flowers if you order the whole set..

http://paperworksco.com/index.php?ma...th=143_329_330

Em at Stampingbella: also has has the new colors and $5 ship over $50 (make sure you change the currency to CDN funds)

http://www.stampingbella.com/index.p...53c6257fd25e00

Sheila at scrappingreatdeals: has a few colors and refills on sale until tomorrow...reg. prices are $7.68 though...

http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com/home.php?cat=604

Samantha at scrapbookstar.ca also sells copics, free ship over 100$ and ships super fast:

http://scrapbookstar.ca/shop.asp?man...&Search=Search

hth,
Terri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2009, 06:32 AM   #3072  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
It depends on your printer. Many of the newer inkjet printers will work just fine, but some of the older ones have ink that bleeds. It will work just fine on laser prints or photocopies.
I've heard it's the photo-quality ink cartridges that do work, if that helps

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #3073  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I have printed out many things now and I use my copics and they work just fine. I was very happy about that. I have a Canon Pixma iP6000D.

Just print out something and try it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #3074  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

I have the same Canon printer and have no problems, either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2009, 04:07 AM   #3075  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I have an old HP PSC 2100 and it works great with my copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:16 AM   #3076  
Compulsive Stamper

Ladies,
Thank you so much for all your replies. I have a year old HP photosmart, so I should be fine. I was wondering why some of the images on the cards I've been seeing were in the opposite direction of mine. Thanks for the tip. I'm just starting with copics & I love them. They blend so nicely! Anybody need RV34 or RV10 in ciao. I accidentlly ordered two of those colors last week in my frenzy to get them for $3.23 each from MerriArtist.com. They are still that price if anyone needs any. If you want these, let me know. Will save me some ebay fees. I can send the first class to save on shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 AM   #3077  
Cardstock Collector

Default Copic Markers

I have been using these for years and absolutly love them! They have the truest colors of any markers on the market and the best skin colors out there! I am so psyched Hobby Lobby is now carrying them! as for working with stamping I find stamping with StazOn or Archival inks are the best and id you work with "Smooth" Bristol they do not streak at all. If you are printing it has to be a laser or art quality inks from an ink jet printer (one that does not bleed) or what I do is go to a copy place and have them run when I am doing multiples of the same image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #3078  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleequinnzView Post
I have been using these for years and absolutly love them! They have the truest colors of any markers on the market and the best skin colors out there! I am so psyched Hobby Lobby is now carrying them! as for working with stamping I find stamping with StazOn or Archival inks are the best and id you work with "Smooth" Bristol they do not streak at all. If you are printing it has to be a laser or art quality inks from an ink jet printer (one that does not bleed) or what I do is go to a copy place and have them run when I am doing multiples of the same image.
Actually, you DON'T want to use StazOn or Archival ink with your Copics. Those are solvent based inks and they typically react with the alcohol in the markers... leading to smearing and bleeding of the stamped ink.

Give Memento or Adirondack inks a try.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #3079  
Gabfest Goddess

Rec'd my Atyou glitter markers yesterday...already LOVE them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #3080  
Matboard Maniac

Default Copics are coming to Archiver Stores

Recently I noticed that Copic is advertised as being at Archiver's Scrapfest at the Mall of America in Minnesota in September. Archiver's also started carrying the stamps from Marianne Walker etal's store--Our Craft Lounge. I asked after I noticed the advertising......and Copic markers are being shipped to all of the Archiver's stores right now........... For those of us close to these stores, it will help feed our addiction. I suspect they'll only carry the 74 limited colors or whatever the number is like Hobby Lobby........but it's better than nothing!
Reply With Quote Likes