Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #2961  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by NannaDee5View Post
I am new to Copics and have th eopportunity to go to a class to learn. I want to know if you ladies this this is a good price. Class 10 am to 5pm Cost $240 and you come away with 36 copic markers... What do you all think? Thanks
I can only speak about my own experience. I took a class online called "Everything Copic" at www.mycreativeclassroom.com this past April. It was 4 weeks long and cost $35! The class was FANTASTIC! I learned so much about copic markers! There was a supply list and we really only needed a few markers to get started. There are videos where the Copic Certified teacher demonstrates each technique, Forums (like here on SCS) where we type our concerns and/ or questions and the teacher responds to them, materials to print out and keep and a Student Gallery where we uploaded our samples so the teacher could see how we were doing and comment on them.

I had access to all the materials and videos for the 4 weeks, 24 hrs. a day! I could review the videos and practice all I wanted.

If I had a question, I could type it in the Forum as soon as I thought of it and I knew the Teacher would answer as soon as she could. In a "regular" classroom setting, once the class is over and the students go home, there is no teacher to answer questions, so to me, that was a BIG advantage of this online class!

** First, if you are worried about it being online, like I was, do NOT worry! If you can post here and write and send emails, you are all set. I don't know much about computers and I was able to handle the class very well.

Now, for what I learned.
1. All about the copic number system , how it works, how to pick colors that blend
2. Types of black ink to stamp with
3. Types of paper to use with copics
4. The COLORLESS BLENDER- how to use it There are a LOT more ways to use this than I ever thought. You can do a LOT more with this than just "erase" or remove ink that has gone out of the lines!
5. Ways to blend colors-there are many more techniques than you might think
6. Different meduims that can be used with copics markers, like, Twinkling H2O's, watercolor crayons, colored pencils, etc.
7. Different surfaces that you can color on, like acetate, glass, vellum, glossy paper and more
8. How to make backgrounds
9.How to use the airbrush system

You can go to their site, www.mycreativeclassroom.com, and sign up for their NEWSLETTER. They have lots of classes on stamping techniques, copics, die cutting, mixed media scrapbooking and more.

I don't think anybody who takes the "Everything Copic" class will be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #2962  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NannaDee5View Post
I am new to Copics and have th eopportunity to go to a class to learn. I want to know if you ladies this this is a good price. Class 10 am to 5pm Cost $240 and you come away with 36 copic markers... What do you all think? Thanks
I would say if you are the type of person who needs hands on instruction and the instructor is copic certified, then it is a pretty decent deal. Look at it this way:

A set of 36 sketch markers might cost you between $180-200 (36 markers x $5 each) at average retail cost to have it shipped to you. So then you are really only talking about $40 for the class. Most classes I have seen (NY-NJ area) are anywhere from $30-36 and aren't even 5 hours long. You will probably get to try the airbrushing system too. If you don't feel like doing a bunch of research yourself and watching a bunch of videos and you want an instructor to work right with you then it looks like the cost is worth it. (That is my opinon having done a bunch of research and having taken a local class). I could have skipped the class but I wouldn't have gotten to try out and learn how to use the airbrush system and I would have missed a few tips and tricks. Plus it was fun! If you are on a budget and are computer savy and learn well on your own I say try the online class that one of the other ladies mentioned. If you think you need a little more hand holding go to the class.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #2963  
Forum Fanatic

The only thing is, does she get to pick which colors she gets? To me, if you don't get to pick the colors, I'd rather buy the Copics on my own and take a class without getting any markers.
I'm hesitant to take an online class, too, in the sense that I am not very self motivated But for $35 it seems like you don't have much to lose.
Just my 2 cents...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michellena317View Post
I would say if you are the type of person who needs hands on instruction and the instructor is copic certified, then it is a pretty decent deal. Look at it this way:

A set of 36 sketch markers might cost you between $180-200 (36 markers x $5 each) at average retail cost to have it shipped to you. So then you are really only talking about $40 for the class. Most classes I have seen (NY-NJ area) are anywhere from $30-36 and aren't even 5 hours long. You will probably get to try the airbrushing system too. If you don't feel like doing a bunch of research yourself and watching a bunch of videos and you want an instructor to work right with you then it looks like the cost is worth it. (That is my opinon having done a bunch of research and having taken a local class). I could have skipped the class but I wouldn't have gotten to try out and learn how to use the airbrush system and I would have missed a few tips and tricks. Plus it was fun! If you are on a budget and are computer savy and learn well on your own I say try the online class that one of the other ladies mentioned. If you think you need a little more hand holding go to the class.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 AM   #2964  
Forum Fanatic

Too late to edit, and I had a thought: I looked at MCC (my creative classroom) and she is adding instructors daily, she said...so my concern would be, how do we know who are the good ones? I would like to know who the online instructor was that you had.
I had another person tell me she learned to watercolor from an online classroom (after I complimented her work), but I dont' remember if it was MCC.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #2965  
Stampin' Fool

My instructer was Colleen Schaan. She is copic certified.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #2966  
Polyshrink Goddess

A friend and i drove quite a distance to attend a copic class, the cost was $50 with 5 free markers, thats about all i got out of the class, first there was to many people in the class, in fact total chaos. I already had all the copics we got with the class. I am planning on taking an online class in Sept. from My Creative Classroom.
smallcity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:22 AM   #2967  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts
Smile

The class I have going to at the local craft store costs $32 and you get three copics of your choice. The instructor is certified - not sure how that stands up to others.
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #2968  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilianView Post
I am too lazy to skim over 77 pages but has anyone had ink *shining/ink building up* problems? When you color and try to blend the copics was there an instance when it shines? It usually happens with my browns or reds.
Are your markers dry? (look at both ends for light/white spots - or try swipping the wedge end on paper and see if you get a mark the full width).

How are you storing them? Are they near a heat source of any kind?

I was having this problem. I store my personal use markers upright in a marker stand. The markers were different colors at the two ends (I mean really different - whichever end was pointed down in storage was way darker). And on a few of the markers, whichever end was pointed down was "gummy" when I colored and left a shiny residue. I was very perplexed since the markers in the store inventory on the other side of the room were absolutely perfect. What gives?

It turned out that my personal marker racks were too close to the radiator that heats the room. I think the heat on the bottom end of the markers drove the alcohol up - leaving concentrated pigment behind at the bottom end of the marker (making it darker and sometimes sticky).

I layed the markers flat for a week and they came back to normal (I did re-ink the gummy ones). I moved the storage to another spot on my desk and have not had any problem since. I still store them upright in the marker rack.

You could try laying them flat for a while, and maybe reinking.

My site: Paper Garden Projects
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #2969  
Die Cut Diva

Default creative play stamps

I agree that creative play stamps is a great source for copic markers, my last two orders, came through without any backorder. A number of companies, I have ordered from say they are in stock then you get your order,
half are not available and you aren't notified, a definite pet peeve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
Ohh...it would be fun if there was a *STICKY* Copic thread...I see tons of the same questions over and over...and I actually had a question myself today and couldn't find the answer on the ilikemarkers blog.

I also use Memento Ink and PTI paper...it's my favorite combo, though I have had good luck with Brilliance too, and even SU Basic Gray Ink works fine if I am careful and don't go over any lines. I have gotten a few images on swaps that were not PTI CS and they colored ok, but I notice that the colors are a bit muted on thin paper.

I have about 130 markers now, and a list of about a dozen more that I have been waiting to come in stock, and at this point I think I am about done. I have all the shades I love, and possibly may find that I need one or two down the road, but my collection seems to be just about perfect for what I do.

I tried a 2nd Making Memories Carousel (Susan...) and really hated it for my markers...they fell over in the larger spaces and it was too high to see the ends to choose colors when I was sitting at the table. I returned it and went with a Magpie cubby unit on the wall. I have a jar where I add what colors I am using and set that on the table...I am short on work space as it is, so this works better!

On a side note...Ellen Hutson's has copics for $4 with the 20% off code...COUNTLESS Still not the colors I am waiting for though. I usually buy from creativeplaystamps.com since they carry a lot of other items I use and free shipping over $50 with a freebie thrown in is GREAT!! I love Oozak, but they are always out of stock.

Now for my question...

Are Copic Original and Sketch nibs interchangeable?? I would love to swap out my broad tips for fine round tips.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #2970  
Die Cut Diva

Default tutorial

I like markers, has so many tutorials for copic coloring, and I just seen this
tutorial yesterday. So, you're in luck, she has suggestions for different
skin colors. Here is her tutorial:
http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/sea...&max-results=7
scroll down to the July 1st posting, I believe

Quote:

Originally Posted by cltomesView Post
I'm mostly looking to start with colors for skin and hair. What colors would you recommend for darker skin tones? I would like to have a good range of skin colors...

Thanks again!

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #2971  
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to put in another good word for Oozak.com I just ordered another 29 Copics on the 27th and they came today! Talk about fast, great service. They kept me informed through email the entire time too and they were packaged so well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #2972  
Crimping Master

I'm so happy. I just picked up the new colors today. I couldn't wait for Oozak to get them in so I bought them at the rubber stamp show I went to today. I didn't buy any rubber there, LOL. I can't wait to go play with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #2973  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh yeah some of my markers have white spots on the sides lol! Oh man, I have to order refills. I store them flat and I do live in a warm climate.. but the other markers are okay. weird.

Thanks for the reply and will try out refilling them (have to order first) and will see if they color better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom0fgirlsView Post
Are your markers dry? (look at both ends for light/white spots - or try swipping the wedge end on paper and see if you get a mark the full width).

How are you storing them? Are they near a heat source of any kind?

I was having this problem. I store my personal use markers upright in a marker stand. The markers were different colors at the two ends (I mean really different - whichever end was pointed down in storage was way darker). And on a few of the markers, whichever end was pointed down was "gummy" when I colored and left a shiny residue. I was very perplexed since the markers in the store inventory on the other side of the room were absolutely perfect. What gives?

It turned out that my personal marker racks were too close to the radiator that heats the room. I think the heat on the bottom end of the markers drove the alcohol up - leaving concentrated pigment behind at the bottom end of the marker (making it darker and sometimes sticky).

I layed the markers flat for a week and they came back to normal (I did re-ink the gummy ones). I moved the storage to another spot on my desk and have not had any problem since. I still store them upright in the marker rack.

You could try laying them flat for a while, and maybe reinking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #2974  
Die Cut Diva

Hi all! Is Oozak still the best place for ordering refills? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 06:19 AM   #2975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
Hi all! Is Oozak still the best place for ordering refills? Thanks!
I think they may be one of the cheapest and their service is awesome. Unfortunately right now they don't have all the colors in stock. I am waiting for them to stock the refill colors I need so I can place another order.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #2976  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
I think they may be one of the cheapest and their service is awesome. Unfortunately right now they don't have all the colors in stock. I am waiting for them to stock the refill colors I need so I can place another order.
Thanks so much for the quick reply
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #2977  
Compulsive Stamper

Another place to order is creative play stamps.. Super fast shipping and any orders over 50.00 is free shipping...plus if you sign up..they send out 5 dollar and 10 dollar off coupons every month.
Cheapest place I've found to order ;o)
Hugs,
Barbara
http://copicbuzz.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #2978  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I made my first copic card yesterday with on 3 pens and a blender. I love them! Thanks for linking me up to the tutorials and answering my questions
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Chatter-dscf7091.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #2979  
Compulsive Stamper

Question online class sept

Can I get more info on the on line class in sept I also took a class at a store and the lady was certified and it was a mess to many people and we just sat and played and we got 3 markers so I would like to try this one if anyone has the info I would appreciate it Thanks so much Suzi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #2980  
Polyshrink Goddess

suziscrapin, sent you a PM

smallcity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #2981  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go visit Marianne's blog. She's the Product Specialist for Copic. She has tons of info on there. Everything from beginner to advanced techniques.

http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #2982  
Kookie Creator

Hey jeanne! thanks for sharing my blog. you're blog rocks as well... everyone should go check it out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #2983  
Gabfest Goddess

Marianne, your right, Jeanne's blog is fantastic, just like yours! Thanks ladies. Ok, question, I think I am asking for a suggestion. I have a set of copics and always looking to practice. But being a novice, I think I am using the wrong colors. In a professional opinion, what colors/color group would give me the most control when I practice? Here's what I mean, when I color something my colors seem simply too intense, and provide no room for error, no add a "few more strokes", and instead I color in a flower, red, and it seems too intense, and as a result there is no "fixin" it. I have decided that because I am a novice, I need colors that give greater control and that are more forgiving then the bright colors I have, (red, black, greens(3), yellow, brown(dark). If any ones blog discusses this, point me in that direction. I like to read. This is a lot, but thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #2984  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by davesgramView Post
Marianne, your right, Jeanne's blog is fantastic, just like yours! Thanks ladies. Ok, question, I think I am asking for a suggestion. I have a set of copics and always looking to practice. But being a novice, I think I am using the wrong colors. In a professional opinion, what colors/color group would give me the most control when I practice? Here's what I mean, when I color something my colors seem simply too intense, and provide no room for error, no add a "few more strokes", and instead I color in a flower, red, and it seems too intense, and as a result there is no "fixin" it. I have decided that because I am a novice, I need colors that give greater control and that are more forgiving then the bright colors I have, (red, black, greens(3), yellow, brown(dark). If any ones blog discusses this, point me in that direction. I like to read. This is a lot, but thanks.
You'll have more control in "fixin" the colors that have less pure pigment in them. Primary colors (Red, Blue, & Yellow), have the most intense pigmentation, so you will have more trouble altering/removing them. Try grays or pale secondary colors (purple, green, orange) with more gray in them...colors with higher middle numbers are best. I started with warm grays and found them very forgiving. Once I got the hang of it, I started learning how to work with each color family. You're on the right track...keep practicing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #2985  
Gabfest Goddess

"Primary colors (Red, Blue, & Yellow), have the most intense pigmentation"
Shannan,
you hit it nail on head, so to speak! Because for a newbie, that works against us! Thank you so much, I knew I was using the wrong colors, you've given me encouragement to keep trying. I actually have a pear I colored with the intense green, did a pretty good job, (imho) I like the shading and the variations in color, but most of the time I am totally displeased with my end result, which I feel also totally wastes the ink in my marker. thanks again for the insight. am visiting your blog too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #2986  
Gabfest Goddess

Shannan,
Your blog is "gorgeous"! And Queen for a Day is too cute! love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #2987  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziscrapinView Post
Can I get more info on the on line class in sept I also took a class at a store and the lady was certified and it was a mess to many people and we just sat and played and we got 3 markers so I would like to try this one if anyone has the info I would appreciate it Thanks so much Suzi
If you are referring to the one I took, see post #3053, go to www.mycreativeclassroom.com and sign up for the NEWSLETTER.

They are beginning registration as of September 1 and the class is being offered in September. It is called "Everything Copic" and lasts 4 weeks. The teacher is Colleen Schaan and she is copic certified and both she and the class are FANTASTIC!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #2988  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
I made my first copic card yesterday with on 3 pens and a blender. I love them! Thanks for linking me up to the tutorials and answering my questions
Joyce, your card is beautiful. The strawberries look so yummy.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #2989  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post

Nice job
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #2990  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Shannan,
you hit it nail on head, so to speak! Because for a newbie, that works against us! Thank you so much, I knew I was using the wrong colors, you've given me encouragement to keep trying. I actually have a pear I colored with the intense green, did a pretty good job, (imho) I like the shading and the variations in color, but most of the time I am totally displeased with my end result, which I feel also totally wastes the ink in my marker. thanks again for the insight. am visiting your blog too!
I'm glad I could help! BTW...you're not wasting ink if you're learning something...even if it's what NOT to do.

Thanks, you're so sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #2991  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
Hey jeanne! thanks for sharing my blog. you're blog rocks as well... everyone should go check it out
lol.... thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #2992  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I'm glad I could help! BTW...you're not wasting ink if you're learning something...even if it's what NOT to do.

Thanks, you're so sweet!
Thanks for your help! I actually do feel more confident now that I know how I should go about practicing. I will keep practicing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #2993  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Shannan,
Shannan nailed it. Start with lighter (less intense colors). You can always add a more intense color as a last step to shade and brighten it up a bit, blend it in with your lighter pen and you are good to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #2994  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Thanks for your help! I actually do feel more confident now that I know how I should go about practicing. I will keep practicing!
These pens last a long time before needing a refill. Practice, practice practice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #2995  
Stampin' Fool

I'm wondering about signing up for a copic certification class in my area, as there are still openings. The catch is I have taken a class at one of our local stores which was really helpful, and for the last year I have been following Marianne's blog (who would be teaching the class), a number of other blogs for techniques and tips, and practicing on my own and airbrushing. I have almost every one of the colors except for some of the grays and fluorescents, so, I hate to spend that amount to go over a lot of stuff I'm already doing and know. Just not sure I'd get my full money's worth out of it.... has anyone here done the certification after already using the copics for quite awhile?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #2996  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I'm wondering about signing up for a copic certification class in my area, as there are still openings. The catch is I have taken a class at one of our local stores which was really helpful, and for the last year I have been following Marianne's blog (who would be teaching the class), a number of other blogs for techniques and tips, and practicing on my own and airbrushing. I have almost every one of the colors except for some of the grays and fluorescents, so, I hate to spend that amount to go over a lot of stuff I'm already doing and know. Just not sure I'd get my full money's worth out of it.... has anyone here done the certification after already using the copics for quite awhile?
I'd be willing to bet there would be a few new things you'd learn, but I think the main advantage to becoming Copic Certified is to be a certified instructor. JMHO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #2997  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
Too late to edit, and I had a thought: I looked at MCC (my creative classroom) and she is adding instructors daily, she said...so my concern would be, how do we know who are the good ones? I would like to know who the online instructor was that you had.
I had another person tell me she learned to watercolor from an online classroom (after I complimented her work), but I dont' remember if it was MCC.
I wanted to take a minute to answer your question. Colleen Schaan is our main Copic instructor. It is her class, Everything Copic, that Kitty14 attended. Since Colleen already has a proven record we will not add additional instructors who focus just on teaching Copics. We do have a two new instructors who will be using Copics in their classes, but not as the main subject.

My Creative Classroom works very closely with our instructors to make sure that they provide the level of instruction our students have come to expect. We work together to develop their initial courses and monitor them closely to make sure that the students are happy with their purchase.

It is not a perfect system, but it is one we have refined over the past two years. We are very excited about the fall semester and the many classes we will be offering including Everything Copic.

If anyone has questions please let me know.

Jeri Parks, Founder
My Creative Classroom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 05:21 AM   #2998  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I took the certification class early this year (in January) after using the markers for almost two years. I enjoyed the class and felt is was worth every penny to be able to not only see Marianne and Sally Lynn in action but to be able to ask questions live and in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #2999  
Kookie Creator

Yes, I agree with what a lot of people have said about taking the certification class. I can guarantee that you will learn SOMETHING but what it is out of the full 7hrs I really have no idea. For people who follow my blog and have used the markers for a long time the class is really an opportunity to refine your skills and to ask me directly "why isn't this working???!!??"

You don't NEED to take the class. It's for teachers and store owners mostly - people who will be sharing what they learn with students or who will be bringing the product into their store and they want to know that they are learning everything straight from the source.

If you WANT to attend, then that's a whole 'nuther thing. I'd love to have you and any of your friends attend, but I'm not forcing you. Which class were you looking at taking? If it's in So. Cal then I'll also be doing store visits. If it's in conjunction with Scrapfest then you can see me there as well without taking the certification.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #3000  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks, Jeanne & Cindy, you both brought up some good points. Obviously you can always learn something new - I don't know everything about copics, I'm learning all the time, that's what's so much fun about these threads and the blogs I go to and read. I just wondered if it was a real beginner class and if you had experience if you still were able to ask questions and pull new things from the class.

Oh, Marianne, you popped in as I was responding....your blog is one I've followed for oh so long!! It's your class in Oceanside I'm looking at. I can take it as a teacher or CTMH consultant.....
Reply With Quote Likes