Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #2881  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all....excellent job on your first Copic images!! You are already doing so well!

Now for a tip that you requested...I agree on the shading on the clothing...to make it more *dynamic* as Marianne said. I attatched a pic in the same style as on of your stamps to give you an idea of what this means. This just shows more definition and depth to the clothing. Now this one has NO shading at all from any angle implying that there is a light source. I am horrible at that, so I skip it half the time! That's why I am sharing this one...I think you are doing great with shadows already, but maybe the actual object shading like the clothing might help for you to see one.

Enjoy your markers...they are so fun...pretty soon you will have your own style too, and it may be nothing like any of us, so take art tips as a grain of salt...flavor for your art, but it's still YOUR art!
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Chatter-img_1817-1.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #2882  
Rubber Obsessor

I think your coloring is very nice. I do know what you mean about light angles. I have learned ALOT from Suzanne Dean and her U Tube video here might be interesting to you. Personally speaking, light sources are still my biggest struggle when coloring! Hope this helps! PS. Check out some of her other video tutorials. I have found them MOST helpful! [QUOTE=stampin fool;14633871]Hi Ladies, I thought I would post two of my first creations with my new copic markers and ask you all for some suggestions. I have been reading Marianne's blog but there is just so much information on there I haven't been able to read even a 1/4 of it yet. My question is how do you all determine where the light/shadows should be. I know that using the lines of the stamps give you some indication where the shadows should be but I am still having a difficult time picturing this in my head. I am more visual and have tried to watch some of the youtube videos but they don't play well for some reason and stop every couple of seconds or don't even play through the whole thing. So here is my image, please feel free to be honest as I would really love to figure this out. Thanks so much!!! Ronda[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #2883  
Stampin' Fool

Ladies,

I want to thank all of you who replied with suggestions to my coloring questions regarding shadow and light and my cards. I really appreciate it and the honesty so I have some idea what I need to fix.

Marianne, thank you for all of the links to your blog. I had started from the beginning and have been trying to work my way through to the beginning. There is so much information it is hard to absorb it all, LOL. I am sure I will have to read it all several times for it to stick!

Cher, your card is beautiful!!! I love that image, just too cute. I can see what you mean, especially on her hat. I am finding it very hard to add to much color without it bleeding outside the lines so I think this is part of what is holding me back on coloring too much to get the look. Do any of you have any suggestions regarding this? I have found that it bleeds more on the GA Pac paper than on the Neehah but it is still bleeding on this one as well. Barbara, you are right it does need more shading but again, I am having a problem with bleeding.

Anne, I have tried several times to watch these videos but they keep stopping every couple of seconds and I can't seem to get them to work so I can listen to them the whole way through (it is really distracting listening to them this way and I think that it may skip a little bit because it seems like words are missing). I am not sure what I am doing wrong or why it is not working correctly on my computer. I will give it another shot and see if it was just a bad connection the other day.

Again, ladies thank you all so much, I really appreciate all of the tips and suggestions that you have given me. Off to practice some more!!! Have a wonderful week.

Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #2884  
Inking Addict

Default where's the best place to purchase Copic markers?

I am new to Copic and am getting addicted quickly. Where's the best place to purchase them...on line? Help, please. Copicically Challenged Chris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #2885  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris bjornstedtView Post
I am new to Copic and am getting addicted quickly. Where's the best place to purchase them...on line? Help, please. Copicically Challenged Chris
Personally I like Oozak.com. Rusty is super nice to deal with and shipping is incredibly fast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #2886  
Rubber Obsessor

Before I get too neurotic here (OK, perhaps that is too late), has anyone talked to Rusty lately about when he might get the new colors in?! I work in an open plan office where people do not understand that I NEED these and must be constantly updated on their availability!

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #2887  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppymouseView Post
Before I get too neurotic here (OK, perhaps that is too late), has anyone talked to Rusty lately about when he might get the new colors in?! I work in an open plan office where people do not understand that I NEED these and must be constantly updated on their availability!

Cynthia
The site says:

'I'm sorry, we don't expect the NEW Sketch colors for a couple of weeks.'

I know they are showing up in the list as *on order*...but aren't going to be in for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #2888  
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to say that I tried watching one of her videos yesterday and it kept stopping too, but I watched a different one and it didn't! Don't know what is going on with that! It IS distracting and you need to see each step, so it isn't very helpful when it stops like that. I was able to view the video that I recommended a while back without stops. Oh well... too bad because it is a great tutorial! Sounds like you have gotten lots of help already, so go for it! It is such fun and the learning is fun too!
Anne

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin foolView Post
Ladies,

I want to thank all of you who replied with suggestions to my coloring questions regarding shadow and light and my cards. I really appreciate it and the honesty so I have some idea what I need to fix.

Marianne, thank you for all of the links to your blog. I had started from the beginning and have been trying to work my way through to the beginning. There is so much information it is hard to absorb it all, LOL. I am sure I will have to read it all several times for it to stick!

Cher, your card is beautiful!!! I love that image, just too cute. I can see what you mean, especially on her hat. I am finding it very hard to add to much color without it bleeding outside the lines so I think this is part of what is holding me back on coloring too much to get the look. Do any of you have any suggestions regarding this? I have found that it bleeds more on the GA Pac paper than on the Neehah but it is still bleeding on this one as well. Barbara, you are right it does need more shading but again, I am having a problem with bleeding.

Anne, I have tried several times to watch these videos but they keep stopping every couple of seconds and I can't seem to get them to work so I can listen to them the whole way through (it is really distracting listening to them this way and I think that it may skip a little bit because it seems like words are missing). I am not sure what I am doing wrong or why it is not working correctly on my computer. I will give it another shot and see if it was just a bad connection the other day.

Again, ladies thank you all so much, I really appreciate all of the tips and suggestions that you have given me. Off to practice some more!!! Have a wonderful week.

Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #2889  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Proud Fan Club Member

I believe Ellen Hutson already has the new colors in stock!
SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #2890  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoyceView Post
Do you have a link?? I can't find them under the main list. iCopic is doing preorders on sets set to ship July 31, but I only want 3 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #2891  
Inking Addict

Is it crazy to be this excited about Copic markers?
I just placed an order for another 32 markers.
Immediately I had to make a spreadsheet with all the colors I'll have and then printed 2 off. One for home and one for work. I had to color in my work chart, (I already have the full chart printed and colored for home).
...now I'm impatiently waiting for them to arrive!!!
I feel like a little kid again on Xmas morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #2892  
Matboard Maniac

I'm even more pathetic........my list of Copics is in my Blackberry. I buy most online from my friend Rusty at Oozak.com but once in awhile I might "need" something when I go into my LSS........... this way I ALWAYS have "my list". It's one of those thing that I can never leave home without.

I feel sorry for you, that you can survive with one on your desk and one at home---how do you make it all of those inbetween times?

You're truly not addicted.............yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #2893  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to stampit74

I have a color chart in my handbag too!!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #2894  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got my new Copic markers!!!!! I pre-ordered them from iCopic and they just arrived! WhoooHoooo! Does anyone else have them? What do you think???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #2895  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to stampit74

oh, I didn't see they were available from them yet....it shows a pre-order item until July 31st!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #2896  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayttapView Post
I'm even more pathetic........my list of Copics is in my Blackberry. I buy most online from my friend Rusty at Oozak.com but once in awhile I might "need" something when I go into my LSS........... this way I ALWAYS have "my list". It's one of those thing that I can never leave home without.

I feel sorry for you, that you can survive with one on your desk and one at home---how do you make it all of those inbetween times?

You're truly not addicted.............yet.
Oh, you're such an enabler!!!
I hadn't thought to add to my Blackberry, Hmmm... what do ya think I'm doing next, HEE hee.
My family just doesn't get it, thought someone here would understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #2897  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardoddView Post
I just got my new Copic markers!!!!! I pre-ordered them from iCopic and they just arrived! WhoooHoooo! Does anyone else have them? What do you think???
The new 12 light colors??? I got mine! I loooooove them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #2898  
Stampin' Fool

Default Brown Memento Ink?

I know that Tuxedo Black Memento Ink is one of the recommended inks for use with copics. Can the brown ink also be used or will that bleed. Any help on this would be appreciated, before I go an order the brown. Thanks so much,

Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #2899  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I know that Tuxedo Black Memento Ink is one of the recommended inks for use with copics. Can the brown ink also be used or will that bleed. Any help on this would be appreciated, before I go an order the brown. Thanks so much,

Ronda
It's not the color but the type of ink and brand........I regularly use both black and brown in the Memento Ink. Any color in the dye ink would be fine. I would carefully check other brands before I went ahead though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #2900  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayttapView Post
It's not the color but the type of ink and brand........I regularly use both black and brown in the Memento Ink. Any color in the dye ink would be fine. I would carefully check other brands before I went ahead though
thank you so much for such a quick reply!!!

Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #2901  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoyceView Post
Ellen Hutson is already sold out of her stock and has new ones on order. If you want you can email her and get put on the list to be notified when the new ones will be in.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #2902  
Inking Addict

thanks so much! Chris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #2903  
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
Ellen Hutson is already sold out of her stock and has new ones on order. If you want you can email her and get put on the list to be notified when the new ones will be in.
Got mine several days ago!! So worth it!! The light RVOOO and light YOOO are especially fabulous - but all of them are wonderful!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #2904  
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Ronda

I use memento ink all of the time and I love it!! I've tried other inks - Vivid, Brilliance - but I find that the memento inks are the best! Buy an extra refill as I find that the memento ink pads tend to dry out fairly quickly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #2905  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by gayle3131View Post
Is it crazy to be this excited about Copic markers?
I just placed an order for another 32 markers.
Immediately I had to make a spreadsheet with all the colors I'll have and then printed 2 off. One for home and one for work. I had to color in my work chart, (I already have the full chart printed and colored for home).
...now I'm impatiently waiting for them to arrive!!!
I feel like a little kid again on Xmas morning!
HaHa! You mean I am not alone? I have only had my copics for a week and I did the same thing... Still waiting for three more. Some how I ended up with dupes even with my spreadsheets. Any newbies out there need BG09, V09 and V15? I would be willing to send all 3 out together for $15. :0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #2906  
Stampin' Fool

I don't think any of you are crazy. I had to order the new colors when Ellen Hutson came out with them, and I love them!!! It's so much fun shading your stamped items with the copics. Not that the other mediums I have aren't enjoyable..they have their place, the color that these offer is so great!!! And, the airbrushing capability is terrific!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #2907  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I don't think any of you are crazy. I had to order the new colors when Ellen Hutson came out with them, and I love them!!! It's so much fun shading your stamped items with the copics. Not that the other mediums I have aren't enjoyable..they have their place, the color that these offer is so great!!! And, the airbrushing capability is terrific!!!
Oh, please don't get me into airbrushing!
There's soooo many more stamps I would love to buy.
I could get another job, but then I'd have no time to play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #2908  
Rubber Obsessor

Well I am officially on the Copic band wagon I got some of my favorite colors to start with but not nearly enough light colors to blend well with. So I'll be ordering more right away! LOL

My question is, what are the best colors for a nice skin tone color? The colors I have now are E31, E33 and E53 They seem a bit dark to me.

Another question is, I really do love the colors I have, so should I just get a some medium and really light ones to match the colors I've started with? For example, I have 3 blues: B91, B95 and B97 but don't feel like I can really blend well with these since I don't have a much lighter color in the "B".

Thanks for any help! I am super excited about using these!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #2909  
Inking Addict

My choice for skin colors are E000, E00 and E11 for shading. I also use R20 for rosy cheeks.
The 3 blues you have are awesome for coloring jeans.
I did get some lighter blues as I like lots of snow and water scenes.

I know it'll take forever but I did find lots of great tips on this thread, just can't remember how far in. Take a bit and go through this thread and you'll get lots of great ideas. I still haven't made it all the way through.

I'm sure other people will post some tips for you as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #2910  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

My question is, what are the best colors for a nice skin tone color? The colors I have now are E31, E33 and E53 They seem a bit dark to me.

Another question is, I really do love the colors I have, so should I just get a some medium and really light ones to match the colors I've started with? For example, I have 3 blues: B91, B95 and B97 but don't feel like I can really blend well with these since I don't have a much lighter color in the "B".
I use E000, E00, E02 for shading, and then R20 for blush.

Those are my favorite blues for jeans. The first number after the letters is the saturation or how vibrant the color will be. The second number is the lightness of the color within the saturation. So the Bx1 will always be lighter than a Bx5 or Bx9. These would be a natural blending family. You can also blend across colors. For instance I really like YG03 as a base for leaves that I then color with G21, 24, 28 (Thank you for that Marianne)! However, I don't think a YG03 would blend well with a G82, 85 - one is too bright to work with the others really well. Hmmmm I may try that just to see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #2911  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by created4apurposeView Post
Well I am officially on the Copic band wagon I got some of my favorite colors to start with but not nearly enough light colors to blend well with. So I'll be ordering more right away! LOL

Thanks for any help! I am super excited about using these!
Try this Starter List of Copics
Recommended by Suzanne Dean
www.scrapbitz.blogspot.com
(Each color family includes a light, medium & dark tone for blending—great starter set to build on)
Reds:
R29, R24, R22
Skin Tones:
E11, E00, E000, R20 (for blush)
Pinks:
R85, R83, R81 (or)
R20, R22 (or)
RV000, RV21, RV23
Blues:
B97, B93, B91
Or
B26, B24, B21
Aquas:
BG75, BG72, BG11, BG10
Greens:
G99, G82, G40
(or)
YG67, YG63, G20
Yellows:
Y000, Y11, Y13, Y21, Y26
Oranges:
YR00, YR12, YR18
Peaches:
YR000, YR00, YR02
Browns: (good for benches/wood/hair)
E29, E25, E53
(or )
E39, E33, E34
Grays:
C9, C7, C4, C2, C1
Purples:
V000, V12, V15, V17
Lavender:
V93, V95, V99
Accessories:
Copic Colorless Blender & Copic Multiliner fine (0.3) in black
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #2912  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Copic 101?

Every time I think I'm on top of things in the stamping world again, I learn about new things people are using (and sometimes obsessed with) for their stamping projects. I now feel like I need to go back to school and major in art just to be able to color adequately!

So, in skimming 60 pages of Copic Chatter (no, I did not read it all!), here's what I have learned:
- Copics are pricey, but well worth it for authentic looking coloring and shading.
- There are a number of places to get good prices on them ($4.25 seemed to be the lowest I've seen as of 7/20/2009, but that is subject to change).
- You need really good paper to start with, and it seems PTI paper with Ranger Nick Bantock black ink has the best results (according to Dana's experiment).
- There are a number of blog tutorials and Youtube vidoes to help you learn good coloring techniques.
- Several people have listed good 'starter' colors for those newbies out there like me... just depends on how much you are willing/able to spend at one time.
- Copics can be stored vertically or horizontally, but some have found horizontally works the best.

What have I missed?

I am composing my wish list now. I'm going to start with 'flesh' colors as that's what I need the most. Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel are great, but I'd like my work to be a little more diversified.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #2913  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cltomesView Post
Every time I think I'm on top of things in the stamping world again, I learn about new things people are using (and sometimes obsessed with) for their stamping projects. I now feel like I need to go back to school and major in art just to be able to color adequately!

So, in skimming 60 pages of Copic Chatter (no, I did not read it all!), here's what I have learned:
- Copics are pricey, but well worth it for authentic looking coloring and shading.
- There are a number of places to get good prices on them ($4.25 seemed to be the lowest I've seen as of 7/20/2009, but that is subject to change).
- You need really good paper to start with, and it seems PTI paper with Ranger Nick Bantock black ink has the best results (according to Dana's experiment).
- There are a number of blog tutorials and Youtube vidoes to help you learn good coloring techniques.
- Several people have listed good 'starter' colors for those newbies out there like me... just depends on how much you are willing/able to spend at one time.
- Copics can be stored vertically or horizontally, but some have found horizontally works the best.

What have I missed?

I am composing my wish list now. I'm going to start with 'flesh' colors as that's what I need the most. Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel are great, but I'd like my work to be a little more diversified.
Personally, I don't prefer the PTI paper because it is too thick (harder to blend) so don't feel married to that. It is fine, and it is lovely paper, I just don't find it easy to color on. Also, the Memento ink seems to be the favorite; I haven't tried the Bantok.

The only thing I would add is the idea of using 3 shades within a "family" (same letter and first number, second number varying by 2 or so)--but that doesn't ALWAYS work. Some natural "groups" just don't look right....

It's not as hard as you think, it just takes an investment!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:08 AM   #2914  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cltomesView Post

What have I missed?

You seem to have your information correct. I would say about the paper is get a few sheets of each paper and try it out. I am learning that the hard way. I bought some of the recommended paper and didn't like it. Plus, find some paper that you can easily get your hands on. I bought a ream of Neenah paper from xpedex. You must be specific when you go there since they are a printing company and not a papercrafter. I'm trying the Neenah classic crest Avalanche white (Brighter than solar white) smooth in a 80lb. cardstock. I don't know if I should have gotten the super smooth. Also, the xpedex guy gave me a ggod price on the paper. I also bought Stardream cardstock in crystal, 105 lb. cover. It is iridescent, similar to Curiuos Iridescent cryogen white cardstock 89 lb. cover. I sent a lot of money on paper but I won't run out for a long time.

As for ink, I have found out that mementos works for me. I don't have to heat set it. I have heard that people perfer the mementos dew drops because the larger pad will wear out. Of course, I haven't discovered that yet.

Two weeks ago, carpe diem had a sale on their sketch markers. They were 3.57 each. There shipping costs are high unless you buy $80 worth of sketch markers. Oozak.com has better shipping costs and a lower free shipping ($50 on anything). They have more shipping options too like UPS and USPS.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:12 AM   #2915  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinSulliView Post
You seem to have your information correct. I would say about the paper is get a few sheets of each paper and try it out. I am learning that the hard way. I bought some of the recommended paper and didn't like it. Plus, find some paper that you can easily get your hands on. I bought a ream of Neenah paper from xpedex. You must be specific when you go there since they are a printing company and not a papercrafter. I'm trying the Neenah classic crest Avalanche white (Brighter than solar white) smooth in a 80lb. cardstock. I don't know if I should have gotten the super smooth. Also, the xpedex guy gave me a ggod price on the paper. I also bought Stardream cardstock in crystal, 105 lb. cover. It is iridescent, similar to Curiuos Iridescent cryogen white cardstock 89 lb. cover. I sent a lot of money on paper but I won't run out for a long time.

As for ink, I have found out that mementos works for me. I don't have to heat set it. I have heard that people perfer the mementos dew drops because the larger pad will wear out. Of course, I haven't discovered that yet.

Two weeks ago, carpe diem had a sale on their sketch markers. They were 3.57 each. There shipping costs are high unless you buy $80 worth of sketch markers. Oozak.com has better shipping costs and a lower free shipping ($50 on anything). They have more shipping options too like UPS and USPS.

Hope this helps.
I have the same Neenah paper as you and love it. I think the super smooth wouldn't have any "tooth".

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #2916  
Rubber Obsessor

How often have you had to refill your Copics if you coloring a lot? Just wondering how fast they dry out. Also, from the reading I've been doing the Gina K Luxury 120# paper seems the best, no bleed through so it takes a lot less ink out of your pen. Anyone use and love it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #2917  
Compulsive Stamper

I've had mine for about 3 months and still going strong.
As for paper I use the Neehah classic White. I love it!
Hugs,
Barbara
http://copicbuzz.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #2918  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by created4apurposeView Post
....Also, from the reading I've been doing the Gina K Luxury 120# paper seems the best, no bleed through so it takes a lot less ink out of your pen. Anyone use and love it?
From my experience, the thickness does not mean you use less ink. In fact, from what I know, thicker paper allows you to use *more* ink, as it can accept more ink and you keep blending and blending and whatnot. Having the ink show through on the back simply means that it is saturated enough for normal blending purposes, bearing in mind that different papers require different amts of ink to get you to the right point. I have the heavier Gina K and my personal favorite (everyone has their own preference) is PTI, bc it is thick enough to give me wiggle room to blend w/o bleeding but not so thick that it takes too much to get it blended how I like it. I find that with the Gina K base weight, I need to keep working it more than I would usually do with PTI to get it how I want it. But I have not refilled yet (although I think I will do so soon for my blender).

My suggestion is to try as many papers as you can to find what paper/ink combo makes you the happiest. Mine is PTI + memento, but there are many other fish in the sea! But really, the bleed through on the back from using something less heavy than the Gina K baseweight IMO is not a sign of using less ink. The Gina K is great if you want to do a single layer project or you like how it works, but that's the reason to use it IMO.

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #2919  
Rubber Obsessor

OOZAK WARNING

I just wanted to warn anyone that may be thinking about purchasing from Oozak.com for their markers: THEY WON'T TAKE RETURNS OR EXCHANGES AND THIS IS NOT STATED ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! I ordered and had colors that were practically the same as ones I had already (too close to tell the difference), I wanted to return or exchange and they wouldn't do it. I understand their reasons for wanting to make sure markers weren't used and returned (which I would never do) however, it is not stated on the website and that is just plain wrong IMO. So, be sure to either order colors you know aren't too close to what you have already, or find somewhere else to go (I would have). I will be going elsewhere for my Copics in the future. Don't get burned like I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #2920  
Compulsive Stamper

That is terrible! And copics don't come cheap!
Maybe you can post here what colors you don't need and someone will swap them for a color they don't need.

http://copicbuzz.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes