Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #1601  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had 10 images colored and lying around all week. i stayed up late last night and actually made cards with them all. now i get to color more images, YAY!!! can't wait to use my new Rileys, i got four of them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #1602  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinkyfingersView Post
Hopefully they were different OR is this just an excuse for your placing TWO orders???? Hehehe........
Well....I just HAD to place two orders because of the price increase and all! LOL

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #1603  
Inking Addict

Where do I find Riley stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #1604  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMommyView Post
***Sigh*** I hate being responsible....

I started an order at Carpe Diem.....had about 14 markers in my cart....& decided I just couldn't spend any more money. We're getting a huge tax refund, but we need to pay off a credit card plus we need a new central air unit this year......so I clicked the 'x'

I have plenty for now....or so I keep telling myself!
I have to commend you for your strength. I wish I had more of your strength. I'd love to be paying off and or down a credit card with my refund. I did pay things I needed to with mine so I'm rewarding myself, it's how I justify I suppose.

Congrats to you and you gotta be cool in the summer while you're coloring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #1605  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinkyfingersView Post
I know they'll be here by the wkend so I'm ok, really.........I guess. I just feel like a new mom who doesn't know where her new babies, ALL 42 more of them...............I know I'll know tomorrow, I'm being impatient today. Thank you for letting me know it'll be late tomorrow though. Actually, I am keeping myself busy by NOT writing my paper (yeah, NOT a good idea, copics are the devil, okay, not really, they are heavenly) and looking to place a few orders for some new clear stamps, accesssories, and embellishments to use with newly acquired copics. A girl's (and you addicted boys) need to have images (forget the hundreds you already have, already practiced on 10 of those) in which to color with. The cost of school increased my tax return and I feel I'm saving enough of it that I should help stimulate the economy, or well, ummm........feed my new copic addiction and buy more stuff in which I will never have time to stamp with, for now, I'm a collector/occasional user. He, that sounded bad, occasional user. Okay, seriously, paper time!!!
This is where I trade and get a ton of images to colour....no spending money, just trading images. Read the directions and see if it's something ya want to do. The gals are great, super nice and it's seriously addicting. I love collecting fun images that I don't have.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=418779
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #1606  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandi1152View Post
Riley stamps can be found at

http://www.hannastamps.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #1607  
Rubber Obsessor

I feel your pain.. I hope DH doesn't see my package!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirokeyView Post
I had to do it! I ordered all the remaining markers I wanted to complete my collection. Now sneaking the package will be another story...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #1608  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
Ok ladies, does anyone have BOTH the copic A & B sets? If so, do you feel you have enough variety or are they too much alike in color??

In REALLY need help with this!
I bought set A first then felt I needed more of a variety and so I bought set D as well (didn't need anymore grey tones from set B). After I had both A & D, I made my chart then started picking out colors to match SU! colors because I have SU! inks, cs, and ribbons. I think that it will help a lot with picking colors if you make a color chart and some swatches and figure out what colors you will use a lot. The grey tones that you get in the A set should hold you over. I would also recommend to select colors suggested in these Copic threads and Marianne's blog for markers to use for hair color & skin tones. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #1609  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
Ok ladies, does anyone have BOTH the copic A & B sets? If so, do you feel you have enough variety or are they too much alike in color??

In REALLY need help with this!
they are good combination, with the A set you will get a nice selection of solid dark colors, and with the B set you will get more earth (flesh) colors.

I own a D and B set, plus some more markers that make it almost like the A set.

| Copic Certified Designer | ~ My Blog -CopicArt.com~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #1610  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandi1152View Post
Hanna Stamps! makes them.

www.hannastamps.com
if you go under wood mounted or red rubber, they'll show up, the clear stamps are the Hanna images sts, as well under clear you will find a set "Things Riley WOuld say".

Tomorrow two new Riley Images will be released, and 3 new stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #1611  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubascrapperView Post
Congratulations on the new Blick store. We have one very close to me also and it is awesome. I've aquired 95% of my copics in person. It is so nice to be able to see the colors IRL before purchasing. Hopefully you signed up for thier mailing list. They frequently send out coupons and will notify you when things are going to be 20% off. Actually the Boston store is doing 20% off next weekend March 6th-8th and this puts the sketch markers well within the online store pricing.
Oh I did sign up. I signed up online while ago. I like the 10% of for students and teachers since I am student. And I get their preferred customer card for free . Nothing beats up that good deal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #1612  

so I did play this weekend and used copics on a couple and SU markers on 2others, and I so love my copics! I like the range of colors and the shading.

Here's what I did
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #1613  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilinacrouseView Post
There is a now open BLICK store in Philly, PA....
If you have not done so already, go to the "store" section of the website and sign up for emails under the store that is near you. I get the discount card for free too (best benefit of being an adjunct prof) and they send me postcards with coupons, but the real action (if the store is near enough to pop into several times over a weekend) is with the printable 40% off coupons that you will get if you sign up on the website for in-store coupons, esp if you can get someone to go with you. With the massively egregious Chicago tax (highest in the country), markers are $3.48 with the coupons and our lame tax included, which rocks. It will doubtless be better for you, since no one else has the taxes that we do...

Happy shopping! It's great to be able to try them in person, I always bring some good paper to test (plus my chart) so I do not buy anything that is too close to what I already have.

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #1614  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh wow...I think I am caught up...spent the whole weekend with the *Fam*...and now I have some ME time...LOL

First of all...Jen...your Tilda was PERFECT!! You do a great job on coloring!! I love it! And as for me trying to do a coloring tutorial...I don't think so. LOL I am great with COLORS and coordination, but not the actual blending stuff.

Diane...you too! You did a great job with your Babushkas ...is that what they are called??? They were so cute!

And then in general...

About CD shipping confirmations...I never got one, but you can log in and check status to know if/what was shipping. I thought I saw something about someone up above wondering if they shipped yet?

And Marianne voted on the Copic Craze poll...made my day...she said at HOME she does not have a full collection of colors...so I take that as permission to *NOT need them all*...LOL...she does have them all at work though...

Airbrushing....I have no clue what I am doing, or why I bought the system. I did ask DH why he couldn't hook it up to his compressor in the garage though...and he said LOOK AT IT...now look at a marker....NO. LOL...I am thinking something about size-comparison? His compressor is as high as my chest...haha!

Ok...I hope I didn't miss something fun...and I am crossing my fingers that BOTH my SU and Copic orders come this morning so I can play ALL day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #1615  
Forum Fanatic

What do you all do with all these images?! I have all these images I colored, and I am overwhelmed by the thought of turning them all into cards!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #1616  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
What do you all do with all these images?! I have all these images I colored, and I am overwhelmed by the thought of turning them all into cards!
Oh this is funny...I color and turn it into a card immediately!! Rarely do I color two in a row...LOL...I would panic if that image wasn't framed right away!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #1617  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
And Marianne voted on the Copic Craze poll...made my day...she said at HOME she does not have a full collection of colors...so I take that as permission to *NOT need them all*...LOL...she does have them all at work though...

I can't tell you how many times at home I've grumbled because I didn't have a specific color. Then I mix colors that are close and I get by. That's why I like to borrow markers from work, so that I do have all the colors that I need on specific projects. I WISH I had a full collection at home, plus about 50 more refill colors than I currently have (I am always out of B32! I have 4 dead B32 markers and NO refill aaaagh!). And I can't wait for new colors...I've waited a long time. Every few years they tease us with a few new colors. I want like 30 new colors all at once! sadly, I have to wait just like the rest of you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #1618  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
I can't tell you how many times at home I've grumbled because I didn't have a specific color. Then I mix colors that are close and I get by. That's why I like to borrow markers from work, so that I do have all the colors that I need on specific projects. I WISH I had a full collection at home, plus about 50 more refill colors than I currently have (I am always out of B32! I have 4 dead B32 markers and NO refill aaaagh!). And I can't wait for new colors...I've waited a long time. Every few years they tease us with a few new colors. I want like 30 new colors all at once! sadly, I have to wait just like the rest of you
LOL Marianne you're a hoot!

Well in answer to the person about the A&B set - I got them both at the pre-this year/pre-March prices and the first thing I did was put them together in color families because I couldn't deal with some in this case some in that...

I love all my greys - I did wonder at the time if there were too many but - greys are the way to go. they tone any colour etc. I just colored in a High Hopes Tiger and only used greys at the black would have been too harsh. Its not perfect and I can see room for improvement but I love the effect so far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #1619  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
LOL Marianne you're a hoot!

Well in answer to the person about the A&B set - I got them both at the pre-this year/pre-March prices and the first thing I did was put them together in color families because I couldn't deal with some in this case some in that...

I love all my greys - I did wonder at the time if there were too many but - greys are the way to go. they tone any colour etc. I just colored in a High Hopes Tiger and only used greys at the black would have been too harsh. Its not perfect and I can see room for improvement but I love the effect so far!
upload it so we can see it! I would love to take a peek...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #1620  
Die Cut Diva

Sooooo...I totally have to confess....I ended up placing another order on the 28th.....I tried so hard to be good but when I spoke to DH he even said if by me placing the order then and saving $40+ dollars or more or waiting and buying next month and paying that much more was silly and that I should just go ahead. Well, I did...lol. Another 18 markers....lol. Me thinks will power is not a strong trait of mine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #1621  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
upload it so we can see it! I would love to take a peek...
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8696?nocache=1

LOL not that it deserve to be in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #1622  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sooooo...I totally have to confess....I ended up placing another order on the 28th.....I tried so hard to be good but when I spoke to DH he even said if by me placing the order then and saving $40+ dollars or more or waiting and buying next month and paying that much more was silly and that I should just go ahead. Well, I did...lol. Another 18 markers....lol. Me thinks will power is not a strong trait of mine
LOL I like the way he thinks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #1623  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Holy smokes! You did an amazing job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #1624  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
I didn't hear any of this.

LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #1625  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Holy smokes! You did an amazing job!
Awe thanks!... I still see improvement places but I don't think I will ever color the perfect picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #1626  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

are you KIDDING? That's an awesome card all around!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #1627  
Pearl-ExPert

I know this thread doesn't need any more enabling, but I just went to Carpe Diem to see the status of my order from last week. The home page shows specials that will end March 8 and the free shipping for Copic Sketch markers is still there. So, I went to Copic Sketch and put some in my cart and they still come up as $3.95 each. I won't be buying any more from them because I get charged sales tax and I have gift certificates for somewhere else when I figure out just which other markers I "need".
Wish RAK Mentor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #1628  
Rubber Obsessor

Mary Jane, you are just so mean! I had just come up with a list of 14 colors that I was putting on hold until next payday-since the "sale" was over I didn't see any reason to rush-and then you had to go and post that . . .so now I'm 14 markers closer to a full set!! Anyway, thank you (I think . . .)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #1629  
Rubber Obsessor

Mary Jane, you are just so mean! I had just come up with a list of 14 colors that I was putting on hold until next payday-since the "sale" was over I didn't see any reason to rush-and then you had to go and post that . . .so now I'm 14 markers closer to a full set!! Anyway, thank you (I think . . .)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #1630  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddiesmomView Post
I know this thread doesn't need any more enabling, but I just went to Carpe Diem to see the status of my order from last week. The home page shows specials that will end March 8 and the free shipping for Copic Sketch markers is still there. So, I went to Copic Sketch and put some in my cart and they still come up as $3.95 each. I won't be buying any more from them because I get charged sales tax and I have gift certificates for somewhere else when I figure out just which other markers I "need".
Thanks for the heads-up. I definitely am done buying markers (until new colors come out ), but I need to get some ink/blender refills asap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #1631  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

This is where I trade and get a ton of images to colour....no spending money, just trading images. Read the directions and see if it's something ya want to do. The gals are great, super nice and it's seriously addicting. I love collecting fun images that I don't have.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=418779
Thank you, I may have to try this sometime. I'm going to look into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #1632  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddiesmomView Post
Drat it! Every time I think, "Whew I made it without buying more!" I see something like this. I think I need another $50 worth to take me just that much closer to a full set.

And I used a lot of my grays today and can really see the benefit of having all of them as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #1633  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I think you did an awesome job on this too!! Looks great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #1634  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
Drat it! Every time I think, "Whew I made it without buying more!" I see something like this. I think I need another $50 worth to take me just that much closer to a full set.

And I used a lot of my grays today and can really see the benefit of having all of them as well.
I just read about the grays and now I think I need more given this enabling post!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #1635  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Your tiger is so cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #1636  
Stampin' Fool

Well, DH bought me about 20 markers last month and I promised him I was done. That was in addition to the many I already had. That was all I needed I told him. Wrong! I ordered 12 more yesterday when CD still had cheaper prices. Now I am done! I have to be! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #1637  
Stampin' Fool

Carp Diem is awesome! I ordered last night (Monday) and just got a fex ex shippment email. 24 hours!!! Woo Hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1638  

got my order from Period Style ;^)
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1639  
Rubber Obsessor

I gave in and bought the bucket from Amuse!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #1640  
Quacker Stamper

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflakeView Post
Well, DH bought me about 20 markers last month and I promised him I was done. That was in addition to the many I already had. That was all I needed I told him. Wrong! I ordered 12 more yesterday when CD still had cheaper prices. Now I am done! I have to be! lol
Someone told me that C.D. will have their discount prices until the 8th.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes