Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #1121  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinkyfingersView Post
HA..........I just received my first order yesterday (and I too already want more, wanted them before my first order arrived) and it took me like 5 days to work out an order. I finally had to just order them knowing I'd be ordering more ASAP. It's tough!

I've colored a few images and I think I did alright but certainly need more help. DBF helped me color a fish tonight, he's done taxidermy work on fish and is an amazing angler so I knew he'd be the one. We thought it turned out well for my first one and the fact that I messed up a few times not understanding instructions!!

Totally though, I do NEED more colors to blend better. I think I've tried to find this Ellen Hutson list before too but with no luck. I went to a link provided once but again, didn't find it.

The people on this site and thread are awesome and helpful. I was surprised they didn't yell "just order already" at me after my gazillion questions.
I found the Ellen Hutson list, under her Copic sets, it's called "I want it all..." but I thought there were quite a few that didn't have "blending buddies..."

PS I posted my work on the other thread, let's see a pic of the fish!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #1122  
Hardware Hotshot

I knew you'd be asking..... I thought of taking a picture of it tonight before I left my house but realized I had 2 other images I wanted to color before posting for you. I'm not at home w/my camera, at the DBF's so I will take one and post it tomorrow or Friday depending on time. I've got belly dance class tomorrow and DBF's leaving Friday night so I'm not sure how much "help" he'll need packing tomorrow.

I'm going to look for yours right now. Fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #1123  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
ok, the only "bad" thing about a poll is that we'll all be jumping on to change our count once a week!!!
That and also I'm worried there will be some sort of intervention from our SCS family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:58 AM   #1124  
Matboard Maniac

Newbee here--I have 2 sets of 12...Pastels and Retro......of the Ciao----
I am hoping to get more before the prices go up-but it looks like Oozak has been getting mostly Sketch in?? Should I change over ?? Does anyone know the price difference?? TIA! (Feels like I am holding my breath trying to figure all of this out-what colors to get first--and watching for them to be in stock!)) arggghhhh!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 AM   #1125  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry107View Post
I am hoping to get more before the prices go up-but it looks like Oozak has been getting mostly Sketch in?? Should I change over ?? Does anyone know the price difference?? TIA! (Feels like I am holding my breath trying to figure all of this out-what colors to get first--and watching for them to be in stock!)) arggghhhh!!
I think the price difference is about $1-1.50...though Sketch have more ink to start.

If you like the Ciao, stick with it.

Sketch come in twice as many colors, so it would be cheaper if you don't change over...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #1126  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoolieView Post
Hi ladies.
Here's a card I made for my grandma with some adorable October Afternoon Owlies, but I had a question. As I am using copics in my smaller spaces.... it is just more difficult to blend? I'm figuring that it is pretty tricky to get shadows if it is a smaller space. Any helpful hints?...
try this tutorial on blending in small spaces. it should help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #1127  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
Has anyone told you that we are sooooo GRATEFUL to have you here, Marianne? (I hope I spelled that correctly, I'm not able to see the signature at this moment)
Thank you for spending the time to help us!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 AM   #1128  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
That was a very helpful post! Do you remember what paper you were using in this case?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 AM   #1129  
Kookie Creator

not a clue. but it was probably neenah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #1130  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry107View Post

I just have both. LOL! I have 72 in Ciao and the rest (???) in Sketch. I don't discriminate.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #1131  
Matboard Maniac

Quick newbie questions - I'm trying to venture into the marker world and would like to start with a few that I will definetly use...Any recommendations on flesh-toned colors that will blend well and some lighter colors (blues, greens, pinks, etc)? I find that I prefer using lighter tones rather than deep jewel tones, plus for waters, skies, etc I need some lighter tones.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #1132  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilvermelView Post
Quick newbie questions - I'm trying to venture into the marker world and would like to start with a few that I will definetly use...Any recommendations on flesh-toned colors that will blend well and some lighter colors (blues, greens, pinks, etc)? I find that I prefer using lighter tones rather than deep jewel tones, plus for waters, skies, etc I need some lighter tones.
Thanks!
I have a few suggestions on my blog..

http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...th-copics
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #1133  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I have a few suggestions on my blog..

http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...th-copics.html
specific question: does anyone have BV00 and B00? They are next to each other on the chart, so I'm assuming they are very similar, but they LOOK different on the chart...just wondering if anyone has both, to compare? The B00 is a little too green for me, so I am wondering if the BV00 would be perfect!?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #1134  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
specific question: does anyone have BV00 and B00? They are next to each other on the chart, so I'm assuming they are very similar, but they LOOK different on the chart...just wondering if anyone has both, to compare? The B00 is a little too green for me, so I am wondering if the BV00 would be perfect!?
BV00 is definitely lavendar.

Are you still looking for the sky color?? You just need to buy the ABS...and then most of the light blues are perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #1135  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

BV00 is definitely lavendar.

Are you still looking for the sky color?? You just need to buy the ABS...and then most of the light blues are perfect!
Aarrrgh!

I am looking for the sky but I thought I would try the B91 (IF it ever comes back in stock ); the BV00 is to blend with other colors, but I have B00 so I didn't want a duplicate

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #1136  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilvermelView Post
Thanks!
I use E00 the most for my skin, with E0000 for highlights and R11(lighter) or R20(darker) for blush. If you check my blog, most of my pale skinned people are colored with those colors.

For a really pale pink, RV000 blends well with RV10. I also like R81 with R83 for a soft rose pink color.

For a really light bluish-purple, I like B60 with B63. For a bright spring blue, I like B00 with B02 or BG000 with BG01 (slightly more aquaish).

You can see my color chart (which needs an updated photo - I have way more colors now) here for an idea. The colors I see on my computer monitor are a very close match for the actual color, though, of course, I can't promise that this would hold true for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #1137  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Aarrrgh!

I am looking for the sky but I thought I would try the B91 (IF it ever comes back in stock ); the BV00 is to blend with other colors, but I have B00 so I didn't want a duplicate

Thanks!
B91 is more of a gray blue, so it would make for a rainly day sky. I usually use BG000.

Or if you don't mind the extra work, make a custom marker. I just did this over the weekend to get some pale shades (I don't think Copic offers ones that are light enough), and am very happy with the results. I bought the refill for B00, the refill for the colorless blender, and an empty sketch marker. For a super pale but very pretty sky or ice blue my recipe is:

5cc colorless blender
40 drops of B00

I mixed mine in a clear plastic travel bottle from the pharmacy, and used an eye dropper to fill the marker with. Worked like a charm, and I have plenty of the custom color leftover for when I eventually need to refill the marker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #1138  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
Another question here...lol. Someone is the similiar colours thread mentioned that E00 and E51 are very similiar...how similiar are they?? Do I need both or will I be disappointed??

THanks again gals!
I own both of these. The E00 has more of a pink/peach tone to it, and is my prefered color for pale skin. The E51 has more of a yellowy tone. I think it would be good for people with a more sallow skin tone. I pair it with E50 and E53 for cream colored pants.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #1139  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menolly13View Post
B91 is more of a gray blue, so it would make for a rainly day sky. I usually use BG000.

Or if you don't mind the extra work, make a custom marker. I just did this over the weekend to get some pale shades (I don't think Copic offers ones that are light enough), and am very happy with the results. I bought the refill for B00, the refill for the colorless blender, and an empty sketch marker. For a super pale but very pretty sky or ice blue my recipe is:

5cc colorless blender
40 drops of B00

I mixed mine in a clear plastic travel bottle from the pharmacy, and used an eye dropper to fill the marker with. Worked like a charm, and I have plenty of the custom color leftover for when I eventually need to refill the marker.

Hmm, that's what I was afraid of...
It's not so much the "paleness" (in that case, B000 would do), but the GREENISH-ness (new word?!). To me, B00 is more aqua than I'd prefer for sky. I want a true blue, not purple, not green...but pale like the sky...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #1140  
Forum Fanatic

Regarding Kiwi Kiss:

Has anyone else tried the YG03 with success? To me, YG03 is more LIME-y and bright; Kiwi is more muted...maybe I could swipe a C2 or N2 over it and it will be perfect??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #1141  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

It's not so much the "paleness" (in that case, B000 would do), but the GREENISH-ness (new word?!). To me, B00 is more aqua than I'd prefer for sky. I want a true blue, not purple, not green...but pale like the sky...
LOL! Pale like the sky at what time of year? Do you like any of the SU blues? It would give me a better idea of the color you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #1142  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

LOL! Pale like the sky at what time of year? Do you like any of the SU blues? It would give me a better idea of the color you are looking for.
Good point, I guess it's not so much that it looks like sky, as that it works with BLUE paper! I used the B00 series, and was amazed at how aqua they all look, and they did not work with colors that a solid true blue would work with, KWIM?

I haven't tried coloring sky with SU blues, but I'm thinking maybe more like Bashful Blue...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #1143  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Good point, I guess it's not so much that it looks like sky, as that it works with BLUE paper! I used the B00 series, and was amazed at how aqua they all look, and they did not work with colors that a solid true blue would work with, KWIM?

I haven't tried coloring sky with SU blues, but I'm thinking maybe more like Bashful Blue...
No, not coloring them with SU. Which SU paper would be similar to what you are using? Or what brand and color of paper are you trying to match?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #1144  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Bashful blue is B32...I think it's a little dark for a soft sky though if you are coloring a LOT.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #1145  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

No, not coloring them with SU. Which SU paper would be similar to what you are using? Or what brand and color of paper are you trying to match?
I know you didn't mean coloring with SU but I meant I didn't know which color of SU ink would work for sky...as for paper, I have lots of different brands but in SU maybe Bashful and Brilliant would be the truest blues...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #1146  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Regarding Kiwi Kiss:

Has anyone else tried the YG03 with success? To me, YG03 is more LIME-y and bright; Kiwi is more muted...maybe I could swipe a C2 or N2 over it and it will be perfect??
What paper are you coloring on??

And I just did a test...I am going to have to change my chart...it looks a litle bright like you say, but with PTI a few layers make a pretty good match, but on Gina K it doesn't. I found that the perfect match is actually YG03, then a layer of YG95, and then YG03 AGAIN. LOL

Here is my sample...bad light, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Chatter-img_1733.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #1147  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

What paper are you coloring on??

And I just did a test...I am going to have to change my chart...it looks a litle bright like you say, but with PTI a few layers make a pretty good match, but on Gina K it doesn't. I found that the perfect match is actually YG03, then a layer of YG95, and then YG03 AGAIN. LOL

Here is my sample...bad light, but you get the idea.
Thanks!
That helps, I of course have YG93 and YG97 but not YG95 Guess I'll have to add YG95 to my list
I tried Whisper White and GP, I don't have the PTI or GinaK yet--I want to try the GinaK but hate paying $6 in shipping for a $6 item and there's nothing else I really need

Anyone else live in the Cleveland, OH area that would want to split shipping on some of these things!?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #1148  
Forum Fanatic

OK Rusty, did you get your order today yet??? I see it is expected today, still not seeing the ones I want and more keep going OOS

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #1149  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Bashful blue is B32...I think it's a little dark for a soft sky though if you are coloring a LOT.
OK, thanks! Now, the question is, is there a lighter version of B32, or maybe I should create my own with half Colorless blender!?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #1150  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks!
That helps, I of course have YG93 and YG97 but not YG95 Guess I'll have to add YG95 to my list
I tried Whisper White and GP, I don't have the PTI or GinaK yet--I want to try the GinaK but hate paying $6 in shipping for a $6 item and there's nothing else I really need

Anyone else live in the Cleveland, OH area that would want to split shipping on some of these things!?
I hear ya...I did it...didn't order a single other item.

Though I tried it out and had to have it...and figured if I only use it for images...each sheet would do at least 10-12 cards...so it's 4 cents a card...LOL I justified it somehow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #1151  
Polyshrink Goddess

That's why you order 4 packs of her cs (80 and 120) and some other little goodies *MUahahaha*

I've stopped trying to make excuses to buy the one thing that I really want. I start getting the stamp shoppin' headache. I just order as much cs as I can to fill the order and make it worth it because I know I will use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #1152  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I know you didn't mean coloring with SU but I meant I didn't know which color of SU ink would work for sky...as for paper, I have lots of different brands but in SU maybe Bashful and Brilliant would be the truest blues...
Ick! The horror of coloring with the SU markers now that I have experienced the joys of Copic! LOL!

If you like the color of the SU Bashful and Brilliant blues, then you would probably want a copic in the B30 family. B32 is a good match for Bashful and I think B37 (or is it 39? I'm at work without my color chart) is a good match for Brilliant. Personally, I haven't found a blue that was light enough for a good sky color. That is why I made my own.

I can take some photos when I get home, but if you really don't like the B00, you probably won't like my lighter shade of it. I made a pink and a yellow too as they are the other colors I always wanted in a lighter shade. I'm still debating on which green to do it to. I love the G21, but it is just too dark when you try to blend it with anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #1153  
First To Quack

My copics have arrived!!!! And I find B01 & B02 are too much alike for me to tell the difference! So are Y00 & Y000. Guess this means I need to stop buying more.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #1154  
First To Quack

Quote:

ok~ I have read your posts a few times about sky color & then the light bulb went off & I looked at your location. Yep; an OHIO sky is usually more grey than pure blue. Maybe try B91 & B93. I lived in Ohio for 40 years....the sky in Ga is usually much bluer~ like B00 & B02.

Also have you ever been to Hollo's in Medina? I wonder if they sell copics. It's a FAB store with CHEAP paper & envies!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #1155  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Wow the color really is different from one paper to another isn't it?? I guess I'll have to make myself new books using the Gina K paper. Mine is Neenah paper right now. But I have PTI paper too.
Yes indeed! They are all different and I have myself a binder that I need to complete. I'm still working on stamping my images and then I need to finish the color swatch and put it all together so I have samples of all 4 cs that I have. It's a good excuse to stay up and play with my markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #1156  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachboundView Post
ok~ I have read your posts a few times about sky color & then the light bulb went off & I looked at your location. Yep; an OHIO sky is usually more grey than pure blue. Maybe try B91 & B93. I lived in Ohio for 40 years....the sky in Ga is usually much bluer~ like B00 & B02.

Also have you ever been to Hollo's in Medina? I wonder if they sell copics. It's a FAB store with CHEAP paper & envies!
Hmmm, maybe that explains it! I grew up in MS, so I know what you are saying, but I've been here so long that I probably don't notice it any more (I do recall thinking about that though!)

I love love love Hollo's! Most of my cards use their paper, unless I want a specific SU color (and even then, many are the same)...

Thanks~

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #1157  
Glitter Guru

I'm FRUSTRATED!! Momento does NOT always work for me. I stamp it, I wait for it to dry, I start to color and it BLEEDS!!! UGH. It's so annoying. Sometimes, it doesn't bleed, but sometimes not. SO irritating. I'm especially irritated because I just got some new stamps in and I want to color them and it's not working. I feel like I have to let Momento "set" over night for it not to bleed. I stamped an image and got half of it colored without a problem. Then the next part started to bleed and I can't use it at all. I pulled out the Brilliance and I can't get a clean image to start with. Maybe I'm just not supposed to stamp today. Humph.

Sorry, just thought I'd post this in case any one else is having the same stinky problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #1158  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmeganView Post
I'm FRUSTRATED!! Momento does NOT always work for me. I stamp it, I wait for it to dry, I start to color and it BLEEDS!!! UGH. It's so annoying. Sometimes, it doesn't bleed, but sometimes not. SO irritating. I'm especially irritated because I just got some new stamps in and I want to color them and it's not working. I feel like I have to let Momento "set" over night for it not to bleed. I stamped an image and got half of it colored without a problem. Then the next part started to bleed and I can't use it at all. I pulled out the Brilliance and I can't get a clean image to start with. Maybe I'm just not supposed to stamp today. Humph.

Sorry, just thought I'd post this in case any one else is having the same stinky problem.
I'm with you, except it MOSTLY works for me. Only if I really blend a LOT (especially with the colorless blender) and/or a detailed image where I'm going over the lines a LOT, does it bleed
You might want to try Clear EP on a pigment ink!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #1159  
Pearl-ExPert

http://www.carpediemstore.com has ciaos for 2.65 is that a good price?? Are they reliable?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #1160  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I'm with you, except it MOSTLY works for me. Only if I really blend a LOT (especially with the colorless blender) and/or a detailed image where I'm going over the lines a LOT, does it bleed
You might want to try Clear EP on a pigment ink!
Thank you!!! At least I'm not crazy. Clear ep is on my list for my next order...that'll be my "go to" method soon!!
Reply With Quote Likes