Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Copic (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/copic-481389/)

slincoln 02-22-2010 11:09 AM

Copic

Wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get Copic Sketch Markers in Michigan or a god website where they aren't going to break my bank account:p Thanks for your help!!!

deborahmegan 02-22-2010 11:13 AM

www.iheartpapers.com

Great price, uber fast shipping, and free shipping if you spend more than $50! She's in the northeast, so you should get your stuff even faster than me!

slincoln 02-22-2010 11:14 AM

Great. Thank you so very much!!!!

cjbapp 02-22-2010 11:25 AM

Oozak! Copic Sketch are $4.15 if you create an account, with free shipping on $50. And I may be mistaken, but I thought they were located in Michigan, so you would get them super quick...I get them in 3 days here in Wisconsin. :)

www.oozak.com

stampencamper 02-22-2010 12:04 PM

great company to deal with and price compared to retail cost in stores.
From what I have seen, to buy in a retail store they cost almost $6.00 each.
so, I have always ordered online at this site

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbapp (Post 16184933)
Oozak! Copic Sketch are $4.15 if you create an account, with free shipping on $50. And I may be mistaken, but I thought they were located in Michigan, so you would get them super quick...I get them in 3 days here in Wisconsin. :)

www.oozak.com

Michellena317 02-22-2010 12:40 PM

Yes, I agree Oozak has the best price if you create an account with them. (Fast shipping too!) Copicmarkers.com is good too. You can create your own 12 marker kit and get a plastic case for them and free shipping for $58.41 ($4.87 a marker). If you buy them in the store they usually charge the suggested retail price of $6.49 per marker.

Barbara Jay 02-22-2010 03:06 PM

Have you noticed the price of Copic's has gone up everywhere?
My guess is that Copic corporate increased their prices .

As the price of everything goes up and up our government keeps chirping that we have "no inflation "!

gallcomp 02-22-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara Jay (Post 16186289)
Have you noticed the price of Copic's has gone up everywhere?
My guess is that Copic corporate increased their prices .

As the price of everything goes up and up our government keeps chirping that we have "no inflation "!

Well there is no Copic Corporate, the manufacturer is a Japanese company named .Too, and the North American distributor is called Imagination International.

And, there has been no price increase for a while now. What has been going on is a hard implementation of a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) by the NA distributor. Basically on-line stores cannot advertise/sell their Copics below the specified minimum price. And for that it looks like a price increase, but in reality is the price that retailers should have sold them in the first place.

Barbara Jay 02-22-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

And, there has been no price increase for a while now. What has been going on is a hard implementation of a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) by the NA distributor. Basically on-line stores cannot advertise/sell their Copics below the specified minimum price. And for that it looks like a price increase, but in reality is the price that retailers should have sold them in the first place.
Thanks for the explanation. MAP doesn't leave much wiggle room for retailers to be competitive
The cost of postage has increased dramatically so some companies are cutting back on free shipping. . However, Scrap-Mart .com still offers free shipping on $50+ so that helps.
11 Sketch Copics qualifies for free shipping.

You have to order $100 + from Scrapbookingalley to get free shipping

katestamps716 02-22-2010 06:26 PM

i {heart} papers also has free shipping with $50.

I believe with Copic it is a quality issue. You get what you pay for and they don't want the appearance that their product is equal to the quality of inferior products. Yes, they are more than a SU! marker or even some other alcohol markers but they are an investment and are truly the best out there. You wouldn't walk into a BMW dealer and expect to get a car for the price of a Kia.

Secondly, the MAP prevents retailers from trying to brutally outprice each other, keeping a fair and level playing field for independent stores as well as huge chains because everyone has to follow the same rules.

SaraK 02-22-2010 06:46 PM

I just ordered from carpediemstore.com You have to pay for shipping, but since I was buying so many of them, their prices were better than Oozak.com, (which offers free shipping over $50.) It really depends on how many you buy. My last order was from Oozak, but only because I was only buying 11 of them.

Carpe Diem - 35 Sketch @ $3.95 + 12.02 shipping = $150.27
Oozak - 35 Sketch @ $4.87 = $170.45

sammsmom1 02-22-2010 06:47 PM

They are absolutely the best out there. I started out with the sharpies and bics and they worked out ok. Then I moved on to the Prisma's and they were ok but I still had some blending issues. From there I moved on to neopiko when oozak was getting rid of them because they were cheap they were better but still blending issues. I have finally went to copics and they are absolutely the best marker out there. I cannot believe the difference between them and the cheaper marker. I think if I had known that all along I wouldn't have wasted my money on the others and went straight to copic.

katestamps716 02-22-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraK (Post 16187887)
I just ordered from carpediemstore.com You have to pay for shipping, but since I was buying so many of them, their prices were better than Oozak.com, (which offers free shipping over $50.) It really depends on how many you buy. My last order was from Oozak, but only because I was only buying 11 of them.

I hope you get your markers. There are many people on here (different thread) who have had horrible experiences with CD. They have been cut off from Copic distributors because they clearly violate the MAP policy that Copic has implemented so once their inventory is gone, it is gone and so will they be.

glenda s 02-23-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraK (Post 16187887)

The correct comparison is Oozak 35 sketch @4.15 = $145.25 and Oozak does not sell phantom inventory. They have the product and ship out immediately for free.

cjbapp 02-23-2010 07:29 AM

I have ordered multiple times from both Oozak and Carpe Diem...as already mentioned, CD does sell inventory they do not have, and will ship your package, just dropping off the ones they don't have in stock, but not refunding any portion of shipping, only the actual marker cost. I threw a big fit about this last time, because I specifically ordered from them BECAUSE they had the colors all in stock. I got my order, minus 4 markers, which I could have done with Oozak for cheaper.

And yes, login (register) on oozak and you get the $4.15 price. They also offer FC (cheap!) shipping now for less than $50 worth. (Over $50 is FREE shipping)

I have never had any problems with oozak...both my CD orders had issues, and took forever to get here.

stampinmomnh 02-23-2010 07:41 AM

I only order from Oozak and they ROCK! Never had a problem,excellent customer service!

pasco 02-23-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slincoln (Post 16184814)
Wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get Copic Sketch Markers in Michigan or a god website where they aren't going to break my bank account:p Thanks for your help!!!

I know people have recommended the websites, but in MI I would also recommend ScapTales in Brighton as they have the biggest selection in stores from the ones I have been to, there is also a DickBlick store in Dearborn. I haven't been there but have been on their email list and know they have store sales periodically as well.

moodyblue 02-23-2010 11:18 AM

I just ordered from Oozak a little over two hours ago - and I've already been notified that my order has been shipped.