Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cool embellishment!!

My friend Jodi came over to scrap yesterday, and brought me a bunch of her already read magazines as usual. Occasionally I find something fun in the bag with them, and yesterday I found a great prize. It was a round pie-slice container, bigger than the i-rock one, full of iron-on studs. They are round, stars, hearts, with all different sizes. The package said to iron on with a pressing cloth, then also iron from the back. Of course I want to use them for making cards, so I grabbed my i-rock and tried them out. They work awesome! Now I can add cool metallic embellishments to my cards.

If you see iron-on embellishments on clearance, they pry are worth trying!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post
My friend Jodi came over to scrap yesterday, and brought me a bunch of her already read magazines as usual. Occasionally I find something fun in the bag with them, and yesterday I found a great prize. It was a round pie-slice container, bigger than the i-rock one, full of iron-on studs. They are round, stars, hearts, with all different sizes. The package said to iron on with a pressing cloth, then also iron from the back. Of course I want to use them for making cards, so I grabbed my i-rock and tried them out. They work awesome! Now I can add cool metallic embellishments to my cards.

If you see iron-on embellishments on clearance, they pry are worth trying!

Anne
I was out shopping the other day and saw some really pretty swirls and was wondering if I could use them on a scrapbook page. Next time I'm out, I'll have to pick some up...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Watch at the craft stores after Christmas - I bought a whole mess of Christmas-themed jewelled iron ons (Christmas trees, reindeer, wreaths, stockings, snowflakes) for less than $1 each on clearance. All those little rhinestones just pop right off the carrier sheet and can be applied with a hot tool (I don't have an I-Rock, I have one from Jolees and a Tulip brand one that's battery operated).

Because I'm kind of weird that way, I took all the rhinestones off the carrier sheets, and separated them by color & size into small ziploc bags to make them easier to store.

My very favorites are a strange blue that kind of changes color depending on the angle the light hits them at. They started out as some butt-ugly peace signs in the clearance section at Walmart for about a quarter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I have also bought these iron on embellishments on clearance. Separating them off their liners and putting them into individual containers or ziplocs is a great idea. One was a larger size sheet of them to iron onto the front of a plain t-shirt around the neck. Lots of different colors and shapes on that one. That would sure store easier in ziplocs. Thanks for that suggestion...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

lol, love the butt-ugly ones being turned into beauty!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
Watch at the craft stores after Christmas - I bought a whole mess of Christmas-themed jewelled iron ons (Christmas trees, reindeer, wreaths, stockings, snowflakes) for less than $1 each on clearance. All those little rhinestones just pop right off the carrier sheet and can be applied with a hot tool (I don't have an I-Rock, I have one from Jolees and a Tulip brand one that's battery operated).

Because I'm kind of weird that way, I took all the rhinestones off the carrier sheets, and separated them by color & size into small ziploc bags to make them easier to store.

My very favorites are a strange blue that kind of changes color depending on the angle the light hits them at. They started out as some butt-ugly peace signs in the clearance section at Walmart for about a quarter.
I am going to try this. Thank you to all who shared the great idea. I don't have an I-Rock. I have a different rhinestone setter I bought years ago.

Your not weird I sort everything in themes and colors too. ! I would have bought those ugly peace signs, ROFL!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes