Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   cleaning Stazon (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cleaning-stazon-215735/)

vjdeed 01-18-2007 05:34 AM

cleaning Stazon

I dont have any Stazon pads yet. Before I get any, I would like to know if there is a separate cleaner I need for that type of ink. I wouldnt think I use my cleaner pad, do I?

thanks in advance for your answers,
Valerie

Becabooh 01-18-2007 05:53 AM

Just out of curiosity, what do you use Stazon pads for? Is it just a pigment ink?

buttons2 01-18-2007 06:32 AM

I use mineral spirits to clean my Stazon pads and have never had a problem with drying my stamps. I use my Stazon when I want to use markers or aquapainter -- the colors don't bleed.

Wanda

mnhyrkas 01-18-2007 06:41 AM

I use baby wipes to clean my stamps. If I clean them off right away after stamping it comes off ok. I dont really mind a tiny bit of staining as long as it doesnt affect the stamping. I think I've read that Simple Green cleaner (diluted) works well also, maybe do a search in the General Stamping forum). And Inky Antics carries a cleaner that I know many stampers swear by.

Stazon is a fast drying permanent pigment ink. Perfect for stamping on slick surfaces like acetate, glossy paper, tiles. I also have used it to do an antique/distressed look on metal (like brad or a charm that was too shiny and bright). also is not water soluable, so I use it for stamping images that I want to watercolor. Regular dye inks will run when watercoloring.

Melody Smith 01-18-2007 06:41 AM

There is a cleaning solution just for Stazon -- I've seen it in one craft store where I am. But I haven't had any problem keeping them clean with SU's cleaner, or my homemade cleaner (baby wash, glycerin, and distilled water) -- you just need to clean them right away after you use them.

Clownmom 01-18-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody Smith
There is a cleaning solution just for Stazon -- I've seen it in one craft store where I am. But I haven't had any problem keeping them clean with SU's cleaner, or my homemade cleaner (baby wash, glycerin, and distilled water) -- you just need to clean them right away after you use them.

I use the StazOn cleaner. It works great. And you're right. You need to clean the stamps immediately or you're out of luck!

SouthernStorm 01-18-2007 07:35 PM

StazOn is a SOLVENT ink not pigment. Check it out:

http://www..com/ink_stazon.html

Ya'll have a blessed weekend, Stormy

KTstamper 01-19-2007 02:05 PM

I haven't been overly thrilled with the Stazon cleaner. I use Judikins fabric and permanent ink cleaner--works GREAT. It does have a strong smell though.

qvande 01-20-2007 02:09 AM

I love the Ultra Clean by Stewart's Superior. It cleans everything off, even old stains. I read about it here on SCS and it truly is a wonder cleaner.

Chickiez 01-20-2007 07:17 AM

I use baby wipes too & it works great. The thing is though...you have to clean the stamps right away.

Gina K. Designs 01-20-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qvande
I love the Ultra Clean by Stewart's Superior. It cleans everything off, even old stains. I read about it here on SCS and it truly is a wonder cleaner.

Yuperooni! I use Ultra Clean and it gets old dried stazon off! It's da bomb!!
Gina K.

Scrapping&Stamping 01-20-2007 08:04 AM

Another ultra clean user

vjdeed 01-20-2007 08:19 AM

Thanks a ton for all the replies!!! I will add this Ultra Clean to my "stamping shopping list". Is this a product that is available at Michaels' or Hobby Lobby?
val.

TeeGeeDee 01-20-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTstamper
I haven't been overly thrilled with the Stazon cleaner. I use Judikins fabric and permanent ink cleaner--works GREAT. It does have a strong smell though.

I was trying to remember the name of this cleaner. KTstamper is absolutely right - it works great (my stamp that had forest green Stazon on it overnight, not even stamped off on scratch paper, looks like it never saw any kind of ink).

But is has a very strong smell (like gasoline) so use it in a ventilated area.

Most times if I stamp off and use a baby wipe I can get good results using SU's cleaner or Simple Green (diluted per instructions on bottle). But if the StazOn got into nooks and crannies or wasn't cleaned quickly I get out the JudiKins Fabric and Permanent Ink cleaner. My bottle was $4.25 at a stamp show in September (sorry, don't remember vendor but I think 2 or 3 booths had it).

Happy Crafting!

stamper-c 01-20-2007 11:37 AM

I stamp off on my scrap pad (immediately after stamping) until the image is gone and then use a non-alcohol baby wipe to wipe the stamp...comes out squeaky clean!!

fl_beachbum 01-22-2007 05:03 AM

Tire cleaner (the spray, not a foam) works well, also.

cincimom 01-22-2007 05:44 AM

I don't care for StazOn cleaner. I also like Stewart's Ultra Clean and it will remove old StazOn.

thuskins 01-22-2007 10:02 AM

I ran out of Staz on cleaner and was waiting to get some. I discovered during VSBN that Versamark takes off Staz on. My page was ruined but my Staz on stained stamps are clean as a whistle.

countryhearts 01-23-2007 05:26 AM

I use the Staz On Cleaner. I bought some used stamps that had been inked with Staz On and looked as if they never had been cleaned. I was devastated. I used the Staz On Cleaner and an old toothbrush. It took 2 times but the stamps look almost like new.