Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Chizzel It Ideas? Hot Marks Ideas? Hot Pot from ranger? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/chizzel-ideas-hot-marks-ideas-hot-pot-ranger-241831/)

jlbech 04-19-2007 08:36 AM

Chizzel It Ideas? Hot Marks Ideas? Hot Pot from ranger?

Ok ladies I bought the chizzel it and Hot Marks and ranger Hot Pot. Had to have them ;) now they sit in my craft room along with other tools I had to have. My hubby used the hot marks to wood burn some names in diamond willow sticks but what ideas can you gals give me? I need some inspiration or better yet, some pics........I am a very visual gal! Thanks for any help you can give me:)

jlbech 04-19-2007 12:59 PM

:)
anyone?

georgia268 04-19-2007 01:44 PM

I just saw this idea today on one of the blogs I read. It is a tutorial on how to use the hot marks tool to cut out your stamps.

http://silverstamping.blogspot.com/2...ng-stamps.html

georgia268 04-19-2007 01:45 PM

Opps sorry, I just saw it says hot knife not hot tool.

jlbech 04-20-2007 05:40 AM

mullycat 04-20-2007 06:00 AM

I've been eyeing the melting pot from Ranger too. Ranger has a yahoo group that has all kinds of awesome advice and dialogue. Maybe you can check that out for ideas!

Risa 04-20-2007 06:11 AM

I love my chizzle it! It is glued to my hand, I think. I have been doing TONS of chipboard die cuts and use it to in the edges to finish the chipboard pieces and shad the edges. You can also use it to in the edges of your card layers. Just tap the brush tip on the ink pad and apply to paper! It's the details that make the difference! The grinding point is great for distressing the edges of your card mats for a shabby chic look.
I also love my hot pot. I use it to bake clay and to make my own cool embelishments. I like to stamp words on diecut slide mounts and then dip them in clear UTEE colored with to dye for and make my own frames. The pot is also fun for shrinky plastic. Stamp a large image with brilliance black, let it dry a little. Then trim it out of the plastic and dip into hot UTEE colored with to dye for and watch it shrink in the UTEE. When you pull out your piece leave it on a craft mat to cool. Once it is cool adhere it with crystal lacquer to a card front.
FUN FUN FUN!
Hope that helps you. Happy creating!

jlbech 04-20-2007 06:38 AM

Oh I wish you were close by to give me a 1 on 1 tutorial!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risa
I love my chizzle it! It is glued to my hand, I think. I have been doing TONS of chipboard die cuts and use it to in the edges to finish the chipboard pieces and shad the edges. You can also use it to in the edges of your card layers. Just tap the brush tip on the ink pad and apply to paper! It's the details that make the difference! The grinding point is great for distressing the edges of your card mats for a shabby chic look.
I also love my hot pot. I use it to bake clay and to make my own cool embelishments. I like to stamp words on diecut slide mounts and then dip them in clear UTEE colored with to dye for and make my own frames. The pot is also fun for shrinky plastic. Stamp a large image with brilliance black, let it dry a little. Then trim it out of the plastic and dip into hot UTEE colored with to dye for and watch it shrink in the UTEE. When you pull out your piece leave it on a craft mat to cool. Once it is cool adhere it with crystal lacquer to a card front.
FUN FUN FUN!
Hope that helps you. Happy creating!

OK I did buy some to dye for when it was on sale do you just add it to the melt pot? How do you clean the ink off your chizel it tips? I love these tools but almost need a visual to know what to do with them.....thanks so much for your ideas!

jlbech 04-20-2007 06:39 AM

I have never "done" a yahoo group

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullycat
I've been eyeing the melting pot from Ranger too. Ranger has a yahoo group that has all kinds of awesome advice and dialogue. Maybe you can check that out for ideas!

How do I find these?

jlbech 04-22-2007 12:28 PM

jlbech 04-22-2007 02:04 PM

jlbech 04-22-2007 05:13 PM

Eternity 04-22-2007 05:18 PM

I would like to know as well I have a chizzel it and Hot Marks and they just keep siting...

jlbech 04-23-2007 04:49 AM

MSBetsyZ 04-23-2007 08:59 AM

Risa, thanks for the Chizzlit tips! I just inherited one and had NO ideas for it.

jlbech 04-23-2007 12:41 PM

LunaMom 04-24-2007 06:03 AM

I just went to the company website of the Hot Marks- WalnutHollow.com. The page for the Hot Marks tool is under construction but they do have a page of projects, you have to go through each project's directions but it does help to give ideas on how to use this tool. Apparently it even transfers printed images to dominoes-see the archived project of a card. I forgot I even owned this tool, now I need to dust it off and try some thiings.

LunaMom 04-24-2007 06:11 AM

Heres a project using the Hot Marks and brass stencils from DIY. Looks interesting. Now I can dust off the brass stencils too.
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_scr...639291,00.html

Ayelle 08-17-2009 03:37 AM

I use my hotknife to cut EZ-mount for mounting my rubber stamps...works great!!