Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Versa Mark?

Hi all! I have a customer who is asking about tinted versa mark pads. I have never seen them but she said she has looked at Joanns and Michaels and they do not have the soft colors (pastels) she is looking for. Educate me please---if you know what she is talking about, where can she get them?

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Hmmm I use Versa mark pads all the time and never seen them tinted. I do believe there is a pad out there called Versacolor or something similiar but its just a colored ink pad...

Here is a link to the versacolor ones so you can see what they are but i just think they are colored pads as i said

http://www.stampandgo.com/cartVERSACOLOR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have spend TONS of time at JoAnn's lately and I haven't seen any tinted Versa mark pad. Versa Color yes. But I don't know anything about those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

By going to the manufacturer of Versamark's website www.tsukineko.com you can see the full range of products they make...there isn't any tinted versamark

they have:

VERSACRAFT
No plain surface remains undecorated for long with VersaCraft (Fabrico) Craft Inkpads and Markers. Use VersaCraft (Fabrico) on a variety of surfaces such as fabric, paper, wood, leather, unglazed ceramic, paper mache and shrink plastic. When stamping on fabric, heat setting is required and fabric should be pre-washed to remove sizing. Fabrico is also great for archival scrapbooking projects due to its opacity and permanence.

VERSACOLOR
Expect ultimate results with VersaColor Ultimate Pigment Ink. Versacolor combines the hightest quality raw materials, including a superior ink recipe, a stackable container with a unique hinged lid and an ultra-dense foam pad for crisper stamped images. VersaColor Ultimate Pigment ink is perfect for every stamping technique, from embossing to archival projects. And our exciting selection of 76 colors is our guarantee that you�ll never run out of stamping options. Experience the joy of VersaColor Small Stamp Pads - our delightful 1-inch cubes literally packed with Ultimate Pigment Ink. These petite raised stamp pads are available in 80 colors and are just the right size for convenient storage.

VERSAFINE
Looking for an ink to give you extremely fine detail? An ink that you are able to watercolor or marker over and it won't bleed? Then look no further! This natural oil-based pigment ink dries instantly on matte cardstock. You won't believe it till you see it. Available in 6 colors, no inkers needed. Inkpad lasts 3-5 times longer than regular inks.

VERSAMAGIC
The perfect chalk pigment ink that dries beautifully on any color cardstock- even dark cardstock! Soft chalk-like look with none of that chalky residue. 36 charming colors comes in inkpads and inkers.

All which come in various colors /pigments... but, only the VERSAMARK they have is the one we are all familiar with.

Have a great day,

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #5  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,084 Likes on 863 Posts
Smile

SU used to have a tinted embossing pad (Do they still :confused: )? But I've never seen a tinted Versmark pad. Might try doing an online Google for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

If someone wants tinted versamark, are they wanting it for embossing? If so, then I recommend the SU Craft pads. I'm started to collect these now so I can stamp light colors on dark paper, and emboss in any of the 48 colors but only need clear embossing powders to do it. And they are archival safe. I just have to be patient with drying time since they stay "wet" a little longer, which is what makes them embossable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 04:36 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, you can use the Versa Mark pad to emboss in all the SU! colors. You ink your stamp first with the Versa Mark, then with any Classic Ink color, stamp and cover with clear EP, and heat emboss. It's a lot more cost effective than buying all the craft ink pads! The Versa Mark will not harm the Classic pad at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Heart
Actually, you can use the Versa Mark pad to emboss in all the SU! colors. You ink your stamp first with the Versa Mark, then with any Classic Ink color, stamp and cover with clear EP, and heat emboss. It's a lot more cost effective than buying all the craft ink pads! The Versa Mark will not harm the Classic pad at all.

NO WAY!!!! How could I have not known this? I would love to emboss in color but don't want to buy the color Craft pads since I really don't like how "goopy" they are. I can't wait to get home and try this!

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
NO WAY!!!! How could I have not known this? I would love to emboss in color but don't want to buy the color Craft pads since I really don't like how "goopy" they are. I can't wait to get home and try this!
I also emboss with the classic pads BUT I do NOT use the versamark. As long as you're putting the embossing powder on the stamped image right away, it stays wet/stick enough to heat it. HTHs ;)
Dabbling Demo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

WOW!!!... I did not know this either... I'm going to have to try this tonight while I'm playing. This site is so great!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Are you talking about Stamp Boss?? I believe I bought some from SU years ago- it has a pink tinge so you can see where your image is and works like versamark. Not meant to be a true color just helpful in knowing where you stamped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I do that to with the colors I don't have in the craft pads... but I have to say I'm starting to collect the craft pads. I love the ability to stamp light colors on dark cardstock. I used white craft pad on black with a geometric stamp and it is just TOO cute. I got the idea from one of JanTink's uploads. I probably won't get every color in the craft like I have in the classics. But its the added plus for me in addition to the embossing with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Top Boss Tinted Embossing Pad on pg. 226 of the catalog is tinted pink (for visibility) but doesn't come in other colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 02:11 AM   #14  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I think she meant versacolor pads. I also use the versamark pad with my classics to emboss colors!! Way cheaper investment than the craft pads and I can buy more stamps and goodies!!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #15  
Inking Addict

Top Boss make a tinted "versamark-like" ink. It's sold in the SU 2004-2005 catalog as part of the embossing kit. This may be what she's asking about.
Reply With Quote Likes