Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Which chalk ink? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/chalk-ink-257869/)

SweetHeidiJo 06-16-2007 04:52 PM

Which chalk ink?

Okay, so there are way too many different chalk/craft inks out there for me to try! So, if you have gotten any and compared, which ones are the best? I have some Versamagic ones that I really like on white paper but it seems like on any other paper they aren't bright/bold enough. Which do you use?

craftymel 06-16-2007 05:15 PM

I will start off by saying that I have oodles of Versamagic inks and LOVE them.

But I do here that the Cats Eyes Colorbox chalk inks by Clearsnap (if name or manufacturer or incorrect, please correct me) totally rock!

HTH

patcreates 06-16-2007 05:22 PM

I prefer the ColorBox Fluid Chalk by Clearsnap. They seem to be the quickest drying and the colors are awesome!

shirolives 06-16-2007 05:23 PM

Colorbox makes Fluid Chalk Cat's Eyes. They do rock!! Love them for dtp on my photos that I scrap. Bought the Queues=$9 - $10 at my LSS. With the Queues, you get 6 of them in a color graduated stack. The last one I bought was called something like Chocolate and Blueberries. How could I resist?

I saw some at Micheal's the other day and if you used a coupon they could be $5 - $6. Good deal.

hth

SweetHeidiJo 06-16-2007 05:35 PM

Okay, so I have seen the Colorbox cat's eyes......Super Tiny! How long will that little thing last me if I'm using it on a semi regular basis?

kphorse 06-16-2007 05:52 PM

I have all the SU craft spots, 5 sets of the VersaMagic and about 20 of the Cat's Eye ones. They seem to last a very long time! With chalks, they do dry a bit slower, but it is a totally differnt type of ink and coverage.

Unlike say Brilliance inks, they all have a soft mate look or the metalics I have, have a softer metal look. Different colors work better on lighter paper (darker colors) Lighter inks look fab on dark papers!

Sundaystamper 06-20-2007 02:34 PM

I know the chalk inks by Colorbox are the most popular but I love my Fresco inks that were put out by Stampa Rosa. I'm not even sure you can still get them but I bought every color and every reinkers when they first came out and I'm still using them!

Sundaystamper

foolforstamping 06-20-2007 03:38 PM

I absolutely love the Cats Eye Colorbox chalk inks it is the only kind I use...

scoopy 06-20-2007 03:54 PM

I love the cateyes! I have a few of the VersaMagic chalk and I like them too but they seem to take slightly longer to dry.

bcgal00 06-20-2007 04:04 PM

I've got a lot of the Colorbox Catseye chalk inks and they are awesome. I have reinkers for most of them and after using them a lot for about 1 1/2 yrs now I have only reinked with a few drops of ink a few times so my reinkers will be lasting me a long time. I found that the ink pads started disintegrating a bit (little tiny chunks falling off) after tons of use for swiping edges of paper so to help preserve my ink pads I use the Tim Holtz foam pads cut into little squares for picking up ink and swiping on paper for distressing. The cost of the ink pads is so cheap that eventually I will just replace my most used pads with new ones. I find these economical and love the small size so I can easily take 2 containers full with me to crops without taking up a lot of room.

alcesalces 06-21-2007 02:47 AM

I love the Fluid Chalk Ink Cat's Eyes by Clearsnap. In fact I featured them in a tutorial on my blog yesterday! http://stampdetails.blogspot.com/200...ith-chalk.html

Kezza22 06-21-2007 04:29 AM

I have to agree I love the ColorBox Fluid Chalk inks, I'm kinda addcited to inkpads but only just recently was introduced to these, I love how quick they dry!

hookedonstampin 06-21-2007 04:58 AM

I have a plastic container of cats eyes fluid ink, and hadn't used them in ages, until last week I was looking for a specific color. I pulled them out, and they worked like brand new..I have had some for years!!! I forgot how much I love them!!! I am using them alot now.

jordyns-mom 06-21-2007 01:40 PM

I am totally addicted to the Cat eye ink chalk. I just also love the cat eye ink. It is so bright. I am so addicted that I make a list of all the cat eye chalk and ink sets and singles so I can keep track of what I don't have.:o :D

Novell 06-21-2007 02:34 PM

I love both Cat's Eye Chalks and VersaMagic (full pads & Dewdrops).

PaisleyPrincess 06-21-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundaystamper (Post 6198066)
I know the chalk inks by Colorbox are the most popular but I love my Fresco inks that were put out by Stampa Rosa. I'm not even sure you can still get them but I bought every color and every reinkers when they first came out and I'm still using them!

Sundaystamper

One of the stamp stores here in the Atlanta area still has some Frescos for sale. I thought it was kind of funny when I went to the store seeing as how Stampa Rosa has been out of business for quite a few years. And they weren't even marked down.

BasketOHearts 06-21-2007 02:54 PM

Anyone try doodlebug pigment pads yet? I love the look of the colors.

Clownmom 06-21-2007 05:49 PM

Okay, enablers, you talked me into it -- I was in Michaels today and bought two of the Cats Eye chalk 6-packs. Had two coupons, a 40% off from Michaels and a 50% off from Joann. So I only spent about $12.

SouthernStorm 06-21-2007 08:33 PM

Lois, you're gonna *LOVE* the Cat Eyes. Play around with them a little to get the feel and see the end result. They wash off my stamps easily too!

Scrapfever2 06-22-2007 10:07 AM

Colorbox chalk ink by stampin up...

Ok, I just won this on ebay.

hmmmm.......in the new catty ????

Colorbox chalk ink

bnlnkids 06-22-2007 10:19 AM

I like the ColorBox Fluid Chalk the best, but not in the Cat's Eye form. I much prefer the pad that comes with the Full-size CB Fluid Chalk inks. The same reason applies as to why I prefer the CB FC over the VersaMagic chalk ink as well (the VM has the same style pad as the Cat's Eyes). However, I tend to be drawn to the color selection that VM has. Prettier, more natural-looking tones.

But all of this is IMHO! Personal preference. ;)

amesbabe 06-22-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapfever2 (Post 6220343)
Ok, I just won this on ebay.

hmmmm.......in the new catty ????

Colorbox chalk ink

This wheel was in the catty two years ago...I doubt it's in the new one, since they discontinued it before. I have it and regret not getting the re-inkers...now I can't use two of the colors, because they are dry as a bone...but I did use them a lot!

shirolives 06-22-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom (Post 6213213)
Okay, enablers, you talked me into it -- I was in Michaels today and bought two of the Cats Eye chalk 6-packs. Had two coupons, a 40% off from Michaels and a 50% off from Joann. So I only spent about $12.

You go girl!!!

Stampin' Adventurer 06-23-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amesbabe (Post 6221289)
I have it and regret not getting the re-inkers...now I can't use two of the colors, because they are dry as a bone...but I did use them a lot!

You should be able to get the re-inkers because the colors are not exclusive. If you check the sides of the individual pie shapes their actual colors are labeled. HTH

lindsidawn 06-23-2007 04:04 PM

I'm one for the ColorBox cat's eye chalk inks. I have them and LOVE them! the colors are wonderful! I bought them at AC Moore w/ 40 & 50% off coupons. I think there are 6 or 7 total. Now I just need the reinkers!

SweetHeidiJo 06-23-2007 05:47 PM

Alright guys, I got some Color Box cat's eye pads the other day. I got them in the sets on sale. I really like them but like Lisa said, I think that Versamagic has much prettier colors. Maybe there are more Color Box colors online that I just haven't seen in the store. I'll have to look. Thanks for all of your input!

lindsidawn 06-23-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeidiJo (Post 6237220)
Alright guys, I got some Color Box cat's eye pads the other day. I got them in the sets on sale. I really like them but like Lisa said, I think that Versamagic has much prettier colors. Maybe there are more Color Box colors online that I just haven't seen in the store. I'll have to look. Thanks for all of your input!

I believe there are 30 different Colorbox colors. The only complaint I have is there is no black. The closest is a charcol gray and it's not nearly dark enough. I've just recently seen some of the Versamagic colors, I think I'm going to get some of those to, they are very pretty!

SugarNellie 06-24-2007 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirolives (Post 6153034)
Colorbox makes Fluid Chalk Cat's Eyes. They do rock!! Love them for dtp on my photos that I scrap. Bought the Queues=$9 - $10 at my LSS. With the Queues, you get 6 of them in a color graduated stack. The last one I bought was called something like Chocolate and Blueberries. How could I resist?

yes me too, these are fantastic and the small size is great for getting in between small die cuts. Choc and blueberries is lush8-)

craftyteaspoon 06-24-2007 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsidawn (Post 6237907)
I believe there are 30 different Colorbox colors. The only complaint I have is there is no black. The closest is a charcol gray and it's not nearly dark enough. I've just recently seen some of the Versamagic colors, I think I'm going to get some of those to, they are very pretty!

I have a ColorBox Pigment Brush Pad in the cat's eye size in Sepia Black that is dark. Not sure where I got it, it may have come with a Club Scrap kit.

I love the cat's eye size pads. Easy to store and fun to use, especially with the handle tool that I can not remember what it is called. It is also my Colorbox and you can stick the eye on the end (with an adapter) to make stamping easier. You can also get moldable pads to stamp with.

kkelly 06-24-2007 05:41 AM

I have both and love 'em. The Versamagic are great on dark cardstock. I've been getting them in the dew drop size and love how they stand-up. The Colorbox chalk inks blend better however than the Versamagic. Try using them on glossy card stock to blend. (The Versamagic don't blend as well.) They also work great as a resist.

Jay Dub 06-24-2007 06:28 AM

I have both the Versamagic and Colorbox Fluid Chalk and I like them both. Versamagic comes it some really yummy colors and you can get full size pads which I like for actual stamping, especially bigger stamps. I like the cat's eyes and dew drops for DTP, distressing, smaller stamps and portability. Life is short, buy the both!

Later Dais 06-24-2007 11:45 AM

I like them both and you can never have enough colors. I find the Versamagic a little more vibrant and the Colorbox seems to dry a little faster. I've been using my Tsukineko Brush tips and Bullet tips with these pads to pick up the colors and then go right into coloring my image. It's fun to be able to have a lot of colors that are in small packages so that don't take up the space yet provide you with a great color palette.

gigi165 06-24-2007 05:21 PM

doodliedoo currently has a share going on for the dew drops in regular and brilliant. The price is great but it closes tomorrow...

http://www.doodliedoo.com/versamagic...servation.html

jenniferm.bailey 06-24-2007 06:18 PM

Colorbox

I got nine queues (sp?) [54 colors] on ebay for around 36$. I have been very pleased with mine. I have been looking at getting some of the versa drops in the metallic colors though.

janejetson 06-25-2007 04:54 PM

I have both the VersaMagic and ColorBox Cat's Eyes Fluid Chalks. I love both! I think the CBs are a little easier to use, but the VMs have such beautiful colors. The Brilliance ones work lovely with them, too!

Jane

eyestitch 06-27-2007 09:23 AM

what is chalk in? I have SU classic pads and a couple craft ink. could you compare these three - chalk, dye, and pigment?

Jay Dub 06-27-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyestitch (Post 6287187)
what is chalk in? I have SU classic pads and a couple craft ink. could you compare these three - chalk, dye, and pigment?

chalk ink is just like it sounds....it leaves a chalky,matte type finish. it's different than the dye or pigment inks you've used.

scrappin4fun 06-27-2007 11:19 PM

I love the cats eye fluid chalk. They have over a hundred versatile colors, last a long time and are very reasonably priced. You can also purchase the re inkers for them. I use mine on just about every project I do.
Brandi

cjstamps 06-28-2007 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeidiJo (Post 6153215)
Okay, so I have seen the Colorbox cat's eyes......Super Tiny! How long will that little thing last me if I'm using it on a semi regular basis?

The colorbox fluid chalk inks come in three sizes.

vamdep 06-28-2007 04:22 AM

cats eye fluid chalk - LOVE IT!