Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cello or ziplock bags for bag of treats (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cello-ziplock-bags-bag-treats-290749/)

scottswife 10-03-2007 11:32 AM

Cello or ziplock bags for bag of treats

Where do you get your cello bags or ziplock bags for the treats in a bag with bag toppers? I've like the ones that are a tall and thin.
Claudia

jtax 10-03-2007 11:51 AM

I have bought small zip lock type baggies at both Michaels and Office Depot.

Mom2Men 10-03-2007 11:56 AM

I've bought them at Michael's and Joann in the cake/candy making supply section.

hhroady 10-03-2007 12:10 PM

got mine at hobby lobby.
mine are done already :) got a head start!

Skilo 10-04-2007 06:34 AM

Please forgive this newbie, but I am not understanding how to attach the bag topper to the bags so that you do not see it. I haven't been able to figure this dilema out and honestly it rally shouldn't be that hard, but it is early. heehee

So you use glue dots? Sticky tape? or just plain old Staples?
thanks!!!!

coopette 10-04-2007 06:53 AM

I usually find the bags at Dollar Tree and Deals, 10-12 for $1.00 if I remember right. With school parties going on, now is a good time to find them, too.... if you have those stores in your area, that is!

nmslmomto3 10-04-2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skilo (Post 7368819)
So you use glue dots? Sticky tape? or just plain old Staples?
thanks!!!!

Um..all of the above. Depends on what I want the look to be. Glue dots don't hold forever, staples are good, sticky tape is a pain to tear, but have used all of these..lol

Boss 10-04-2007 07:14 AM

When I've done bag toppers for small gift items in cello bags (don't have kids, so have done the treats), I've used a large gold office-style brad to attach the top to the bag. I've tried it with smaller brads, but they just don't have long enough wings on the back to hold it securely.

The reason I like to use a brad, rather than tape, glue dots, etc, is that it is a one step closure. Fold or roll the top of the cello bag filled with treats, slide folded topper over cello bag top, punch hole and insert brad. Done! :D And it's also easy to open and you don't have to worry about a staple falling into the treats and getting eaten accidentally! :)

Hope you find something that works for you.

Skilo 10-04-2007 07:34 AM

wow - you ladies rock! Thanks for explaining that to me - sure has unclouded my brain !!!!!
heehee

Scrapjanny 10-04-2007 07:43 AM

I use cello bags because I like the way they look and "feel." The "Make & Mold" brand bags are very good. You can find them in the candy making section of most large craft stores. I have also bought them online on Ebay.

As for the way I attach them, I use either colored staples or my Fastenater. Love that thing!