Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cat's Eye collections? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cats-eye-collections-248050/)

peggysue 05-10-2007 12:28 PM

Cat's Eye collections?

I have been 'eyeing' these for a while. LOL! Because despite having the complete SU collection of inks, these also are appealing.

So which collection to start with first? Rainforest? Tulip Field? Just depends on your color mood?

And are they the same as the little Tsukineko stamp pads I've seen? Which is better or do they have different applications? Thanks!

wagleg 05-10-2007 03:18 PM

I recently bought the Versamagic dew drops at joann's.
They ink up my acrylic stamps nicely. I didn't think I would like them at first since they were so small and I am used to full size pads now I love them and I love the colors.

musesmom 05-10-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysue
I have been 'eyeing' these for a while. LOL! Because despite having the complete SU collection of inks, these also are appealing.

So which collection to start with first? Rainforest? Tulip Field? Just depends on your color mood?

And are they the same as the little Tsukineko stamp pads I've seen? Which is better or do they have different applications? Thanks!

I started with the cats eyes chalk inks before I got into SU stuff. They are by Clearsnap Colorbox. The chalk inks are a softer look than the regular SU dye pads. I like the look, though, and they are a sponge type, so are much juicier than SU pads. And I like how portable they are! I bought them singly before they had the sets...only $2 each at my LSS. Hope you enjoy them.

Jenne64 05-10-2007 04:09 PM

I love the cats eyes inks. I love to distress, but in a controlled way, so for me these work wonderfully because they are so much smaller than a full sized pad and have the angles at each end they offer what I'm looking for.

Jenne

buggainok 05-10-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenne64
I love the cats eyes inks. I love to distress, but in a controlled way, so for me these work wonderfully because they are so much smaller than a full sized pad and have the angles at each end they offer what I'm looking for.

Jenne

I love them for distressing, too. And they work really well with clear acrylic stamps.

Kathy W 05-10-2007 08:07 PM

The chalk inks are wonderful. I agree with previous posters that the shape allows you to get the point into spots that large pads cannot do. Although there is more of a cost, I would recommend buying them single rather than the queue (set). You can't seperate them and I end up getting ink on my fingers (could be I'm messy). You can get them regular single for about $2; All that Scraps has them for $1.90 and Joann's internet site runs a sale every once in awhile (it was there last weekend) when they are $1.50 a piece. Hope you get a chance to get some and try them!

Novell 05-10-2007 08:12 PM

I'm totally addicted to the Cats Eye Chalk inks and the VersaMagic dewdrops! Not only does the small size equal less $$ so I can have more colors, but it also makes them highly portable to take with me wherever I go.

janejetson 05-11-2007 01:24 AM

Novell, me too! I also love the Brilliance Dew Drops. My sister came to visit last night and freaked over my recently expanded ink section, lol! It's just so easy to buy those little Cat's Eyes and Dew Drops! And they work wonderfully on both clear acrylic and rubber!

Jane