Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Broken Cuttlebug (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/broken-cuttlebug-251128/)

ShirleyT 05-21-2007 08:12 PM

Broken Cuttlebug

Just wanted to let everyone know that I broke my cuttlebug when I ran the Big Impressions embossing plate through it. The whole side flew off and now it will not work at all. I had been using the fiskar plates with no problem at all. Does anyone know if the cuttlebug dies and folders will work with the Bigkick? Not sure I want to invest in another cuttlebug. I love how it worked and have invested so much in the dies and folders but maybe the bigkick is stonger. Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am sad that my bug died on me. lol Thanks so much

llevans 05-21-2007 08:28 PM

Bummer! I just got an e-mail saying JoAnn's has 40% off Die-Cutting Systems & Accessories. In the add is a pic of the Cuttlebug.

amysings 05-21-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShirleyT
Just wanted to let everyone know that I broke my cuttlebug when I ran the Big Impressions embossing plate through it. The whole side flew off and now it will not work at all. I had been using the fiskar plates with no problem at all. Does anyone know if the cuttlebug dies and folders will work with the Bigkick? Not sure I want to invest in another cuttlebug. I love how it worked and have invested so much in the dies and folders but maybe the bigkick is stonger. Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am sad that my bug died on me. lol Thanks so much

Yes, the CB accessories will work in the Big Kick. I have used my BISK without problems. I'm so sorry yours broke!

housefan 05-21-2007 08:45 PM

I use my BISK more than anything in it but am careful not to catch an edge. I think that might be the problem if it puts pressure on the side.

gaylestamps 05-22-2007 06:27 AM

How awful for you - I am so sorry! I've read several threads like this, so I guess I'll just keep my original Sizzix machine for awhile - the CB folders work fine with it.

FubsyRuth 05-22-2007 08:22 AM

So sorry to hear about your broken bug Shirley - I have a Big Kick and I just wanted to let you know that the CB embossing folders and dies work beautifully in the BK.

ShirleyT 05-22-2007 04:03 PM

Thank You

Thanks for the replies. I decided to order the bigkicks from Costco.com. Hopefully it is stronger and I won't break it.lol

Hockeyrabbit 05-22-2007 04:27 PM

I have the bigkick and so far I really like it. I had the regular sizzix prior to this but sold it at school to a woman I work with. I hope it will last. My friend has a cuttlebug and to be honest, we both thought that my old sizzix dies would cause havoc in the cuttlebug..meaning the plates would break more often. I just got the bigkick this weekend and I cut a bunch of farm animals for school using sizzix dies and so far, no cracking of the plates. I DO think that I will need to replace the cutting pads more so than the old sizzix which lasted FOREVER!

parrothead 05-22-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShirleyT
Thanks for the replies. I decided to order the bigkicks from Costco.com. Hopefully it is stronger and I won't break it.lol

Thats what I'm gonna get too.. I've never used dies in my CB and I've gone thru 2 of them....each was only used a "few" times!!! The first one had only been used 3 or 4 times!!!(I only have the embossing folders)....I know there are TONS of people who love them here.....I'm not a fan!!! I should have taken Julie's advice from the get go and got the BigKick to begin with!

conniemacko 05-22-2007 06:42 PM

There have been a lot of 'bugs' breaking out there that fast?!? I was all ready to buy one tomorrow at J's with th 40% deal... hmmmm...

amysings 05-22-2007 06:47 PM

We certainly hear about quite a few, but we don't always hear about all the Bugs still working! Mine is still great--I've had it since Christmas and have really used it a lot.

I do think the Big Kick/Shot is sturdier--it also takes up more room and is less portable. I made that choice knowingly. I like being able to fold up my Bug and stick it on the shelf. I have broken a few plates, but not in awhile.