Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Binding Machines (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/binding-machines-598251/)

katiestamper 04-07-2015 05:06 PM

Binding Machines

Does anyone use these anymore? They were all the rage when I was demo (2008). I am absolutely sure I got sucked into the tool frenzy back then. I was looking for In-Color markers from back then and found all this old stuff. Hodge podge hardware, binders, coils, chipboard up the wazoo. My son hates me right now. Use for old cardstock???? I have no patience for ebay. I can do PIF if mailing isn't too much. Get ready to be overwhelmed! I even have old odd numbered stamps from swaps!!!!

Arlene_C 04-07-2015 05:52 PM

I had a Bind-it-all and sold it several years ago - decided that it wasn't my thing! I do like and still use hodge podge hardware. I could use - if you have some pieces to PIF.

katiestamper 04-08-2015 07:10 AM

Arlene, I am cleaning organizing my stamp room. As soon as I get it close, I will get in on PIF. I have tons of little things I bought over time.

Skippet 04-08-2015 02:09 PM

I have a Cinch and use it frequently. I am currently making Halloween mini albums as Christmas Presents and an 8"x8" baby girl album for my niece who finally has a grandaughter after 7 grandsons.

I do have problems finding supplies for it now. I used to have a lot of the chipboard covers and colored binding wires, but lost them in a flood. It is particularly hard to find the colored binding wires anymore. I don't want to buy a box 50 binding wires all the same size and color, but that is pretty much all I can find. I would love it if you put your binding machine supplies on the BST forum!

Arlene_C 04-08-2015 02:31 PM

Thanks Mary Kay!

poppydarling 04-08-2015 06:57 PM

I posted not long ago that I was being enabled with a YouTube video to buy The Cinch! Lots of people said they stopped using them, but quite a few people said they still use their binding machines. I make a lot of mini books and it would really come in handy, but I think I figured out a way to do it by hand with the binding wires. I guess everything comes around again eventually!

lylacfey 04-11-2015 12:17 AM

I still have my Bind-it-All. I don't know why any more, lol. I do like it but I hardly use it. I prefer to hand bind all my projects or use my hole punch.

MissyO 04-11-2015 05:53 PM

Well bad me I have a brand new Cinch still in the box. I was a demo for a company that is no longer, I truly miss it. So here I set with a Cinch and wires. Should I sell it/shouldn't I. hmmmm
I also have a Wizard that I finally used for the first time last year when I made all of the thank you cards for my sister's funeral. Do I like it? I think so, but still unsure about how to use it. So I totally understand the buying a tool frenzy purchase. :)

poppydarling 04-11-2015 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=MissyO;20949636]Well bad me I have a brand new Cinch still in the box. ... So here I set with a Cinch and wires. Should I sell it/shouldn't I. hmmmm

I will help you feel less bad :D Let me know if you decide to sell it!

katiestamper 04-12-2015 05:07 PM

I used my Rubicoil today and was reminded why I bought it. It still worked and I liked it! It may be worth hanging on to for a while to organize all of my patterns for making cards.

Cwmwcw 04-12-2015 05:17 PM

My nephew's wife's dad retired last year and had a full size coil binder he was getting rid of. It sits in my closet but I love that I can bind all my Stampin' Up! catalogs (I am a demo) for free so they lay flat at workshops. This year, I am going to offer to my customers if they want to pick up their catalog at my house, we will have a "binding party" for anyone who wants it. The little bind It All was too much work. This thing is super easy and does the entire catalog at once.