Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Bind it all---where to purchase? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/bind-all-where-purchase-303823/)

Emilysuesue 11-28-2007 07:04 AM

Bind it all---where to purchase?

I've seen them at Archivers, but I figure you all would have a less expensive place to recommend. Where do you purchase your BIA and the wire thingys? What's a good price to pay?

Thanks for your help!

phunkymama 11-28-2007 08:05 AM

I picked up my BIA at a show from this company: www.rubbernecker.com

I get my wires from www.bonniesbest.com The bulk wires are shorter, but I do smaller projects, so it hasn't affected me much. I don't have a problem using 2 bits of 3 bumps for a 6 bump project ;)

Annek 11-28-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymama (Post 7839236)
I picked up my BIA at a show from this company: www.rubbernecker.com

I get my wires from www.bonniesbest.com The bulk wires are shorter, but I do smaller projects, so it hasn't affected me much. I don't have a problem using 2 bits of 3 bumps for a 6 bump project ;)

Jen - did you get yours from the Heirloom show in York??? That's where I got mine from - Rubbernecker had such a great deal!

:-) Anne

Erin K 11-28-2007 08:08 AM

I don't know what they are at Archivers.I know www.allthatscraps.com has them, they have free shipping on orders over $10 and are really nice people. :)

phunkymama 11-28-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek (Post 7839273)
Jen - did you get yours from the Heirloom show in York??? That's where I got mine from - Rubbernecker had such a great deal!

Yes, I did! I've devised a neat little project (no stamping involved) that I've been selling on one of my message boards, and my BIA has more than paid for itself.

Annek 11-28-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymama (Post 7840042)
Yes, I did! I've devised a neat little project (no stamping involved) that I've been selling on one of my message boards, and my BIA has more than paid for itself.

Awesome! My best friend & I had a great time at that show, we came home with MANY goodies!

I said to her that if someone was selling BIA's that I was going to buy one & sure enough - that was my first purchase!

:-) Anne

amysings 11-28-2007 12:16 PM

I bought mine from Bonniesbest.com when they first came out, and I included 3 boxes of wires in my order. ;-) Love it! I would think if you have a coupon of any kind for Archivers, that would be the best deal. They retail at about $60.

AmandaCalloway 11-28-2007 12:22 PM

If you saw them at Archivers, do you get the coupons in the mail from them. I believe you have to be on the mail list. But I get 30% coupons from them. If you use a coupon that would be cheapest. I found mine on ebay for $40 plus $5 shipping.

paulssandy 11-28-2007 12:36 PM

http://www.thecardladies.com/

has them now that she is reopen :p

koopdedoo 11-28-2007 03:50 PM

I am on the fence about this (really want a Rubicoil because I like the plastic spirals...but there is the space issue!)

For those of you that own this: How do you close the wires once you have inserted them through the holes in your project? Does the coil stay round (ie, am I gonna mess up coils on a regular basis??)?

Thanks for info!

Kathy

phunkymama 11-29-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koopdedoo (Post 7844179)
For those of you that own this: How do you close the wires once you have inserted them through the holes in your project? Does the coil stay round (ie, am I gonna mess up coils on a regular basis??)?

The BIA closes the coil too. One slot punches, the other crimps. You might mess up a coil here and there, but it's really pretty easy if you're careful and watch what you're doing.

koopdedoo 11-29-2007 12:26 PM

Jen -

Thanks for answering my question!!

Still ridin' the fence, though. Maybe it will be a good thing to put on my Christmas list, so I don't have to pay for it!

Kathy

frogwoman 11-29-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysings (Post 7842030)
I bought mine from Bonniesbest.com when they first came out, and I included 3 boxes of wires in my order. ;-)

I got mine from Bonnie's. I also got a box of wires as well. What a great deal!

falconstamper 11-30-2007 06:52 AM

I got mine from www.dontworrybescrappy.com

everything on her site is 20% off retail. She recently opened a store in my little town.

NoraCH 11-30-2007 08:18 AM

If you get Archiver's coupons, they just sent out two 30% off coupons, one for the first half and one for the second half of December. Maybe that would make it more affordable. I hate to order stuff by mail and then wait for it.

danssister 11-30-2007 09:01 AM

I was able to get my BIA from my lss on a Sunday, when they honor competitor's coupons (luckily there was a 50% off that week)! Check to see if there's a lss around your area that would do that, too. All of my coils are from bonniesbest.com, she's wonderful - and an SCSer, too!!! :D

allamericanstampers 11-30-2007 09:40 AM

I got mine from The Stamping Cottage (www.stampingcottage.com) and she has free shipping over $50! I was very happy with Michelle's quick service and she's also an SCS'er. :grin: