Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default merriartist delivery to canada

hi

i am going to order some copics from them a whole bunch.. i just wondering for any of you us canadians, how much duty you have to pay on your amounts that your order? just so i get and idea how much i am going to get dinged lol

thanks so much.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I recently sent 36 Bic Markers to a woman in Canada. I sent the package marked as a gift and declared the value at $25. The woman received the markers and said that there was no duty due. I don't know how Merri sends her markers (I buy my Copics from her, and she sends them to me via USPS Priority but I'm in the US). I'm pretty sure that Merri sends things to Canada on a pretty regular basis, so hopefully she sends them via a method that charges little or no duty . . . at least I hope so for your sake!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

thanks,,, i emailed her and they do accurate custom forms no problem with that. only with canada customs...

i did put my order thru. they have tonnes in stock and comes out cheaper than here in vancouver, one store is selling at $8 a pop. no thanks, another has for 6.50 a marker which i got tonnes when they had a 40% off one line sale.. and i think came to $3.90 or so a marker.

thanks for the info i will hopefully get htem soon yaya!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

any canadian shoppers know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I have purchased my Copic's from the Merri Artist a couple of times and they have fast shipping and great prices. The last order that I purchased was over $250 Canadian and I paid around $25 in duty. It was still less than ordering from most places in Canada. I have also ordered from Curry's in Winnipeg, but they only carry the Ciao markers. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

thanks jackie that does help.. wow lot of markers you got. so i wont get dinged too much ,,, i did check out currys. and i have most of the colours that they have and i got some from stampinandscrappin too , got lot of the colours that the other two didnt have.. i think i am set now.....

thanks happy new year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Unless the package specifically states the markers are made in any place other than North America, Customs will assume NAFTA applies and you will only have to pay GST plus your provincial sales tax on the Canadian dollar value of the goods. I can't tell what province you are in but I'm sure you know what your sales tax rate is (for me it's HST so 13% of the value). If the goods come via USPS (delivered by Canada Post) you will have to pay a small processing fee to Canada Post. If UPS or other courier you will have to pay their brokerage fees which are usually based on the value of the goods.

Many Canadians on this forum state that they paid X amount of duty but they are rarely paying ANY duty - just the sales tax/GST that they would pay if they bought in a "local" store plus the processing fee for whichever mode of delivery the goods arrive by. It would be very unusual for CBSA to assess duty on a shipment going to an individual.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

thanks kellybee... 13% thats a lot. what a rip off hey... that was a lot of help...
im so excited now.. i ordered 11am this morning and now its 6pm and its shipped whoo hoo..

cant wait to get the copics to play!!!

happy new year everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Your welcome.

Even with the exchange and shipping it seems to be less expensive to order our Copic's from the States. I have also read on a couple of other threads that Copic's are suppose to be going up in price in the new year. The other thing that I have found is sometimes it is a hit or miss with customs, I have placed alot of orders from the States and somethings I pay duty on and others I don't, with any luck you might not have to pay duty at all.

Scrappin Great Deals also carries a few Copic's as well, they are located in Ontario and have fast shipping as well.

http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com/home.php

Have fun with the Copic's, if you are like me you will get addicted to them and want to have them all (I am 100 short of all the sketch markers).
Reply With Quote Likes