Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Big Shot Owners... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/big-shot-owners-199597/)

myhappyplace 11-15-2006 06:26 PM

Big Shot Owners...

Can you tell me how big the bed on it is? I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Cuttlebug or return it and get the Big Shot. I want whatever one can take bigger dies.

TIA!

daizelsgrandma 11-15-2006 06:34 PM

The bed is 6 1/4" and the Ellison dies are 6". The Big Shot is great, but I haven't had an opportunity to use the Cuttlebug to compare yet! HTH.

imataloss 11-15-2006 06:35 PM

From what I've read in that very LONG other post re; cuttlebug, the Big Shot is bigger.

Scrapworking 11-15-2006 07:44 PM

Cuttlebug takes the thick Sizzix dies...so unless you have the Ellison or Accucut wood block dies (and for all I know, they may work in the Cuttlebug too), I'd think the Cuttlebug could handle all the dies out there. Just my .02 worth...I'm very satisfied with the Cuttlebug!

Sharon

myhappyplace 11-15-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapworking
Cuttlebug takes the thick Sizzix dies...so unless you have the Ellison or Accucut wood block dies (and for all I know, they may work in the Cuttlebug too), I'd think the Cuttlebug could handle all the dies out there. Just my .02 worth...I'm very satisfied with the Cuttlebug!

Sharon

I only have Sizzix right now but there is an Accucut die I want to get to make Christmas Cards. I do love that it folds up since I don't like stuff piled everywhere.

allamericanstampers 11-16-2006 03:29 AM

For me the key is that I can get a card through the Big Shot...so, I've been buying a couple of the cute Cuttlebug dies but now I can use them on my full sized cards (where the old sizzix machine was too small for that). I haven't seen the Cuttlebug open so I don't know if it'll handle the card sized paper?!

neece 11-16-2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
Can you tell me how big the bed on it is? I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Cuttlebug or return it and get the Big Shot. I want whatever one can take bigger dies.

TIA!

I was ready to whip out my tape measure, then I read that someone already gave you the dimensions of my Big Shot.

I read several comments in a thread on cuttlebug and it seemed the main difference is the folding platform. If that's the case, I think I'll keep my Big Shot, 'cause I like it a lot! :-)

CKMom 11-16-2006 03:56 AM

Cuttlebug

Chris- I've only played with mine a bit, but I ran an A-2 piece of cardstock through mine with embossing folder on the corner, worked peachy.

neece 11-16-2006 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neece
I was ready to whip out my tape measure, then I read that someone already gave you the dimensions of my Big Shot.

I read several comments in a thread on cuttlebug and it seemed the main difference is the folding platform. If that's the case, I think I'll keep my Big Shot, 'cause I like it a lot! :-)

Sorry, that should dimensions of the Big Shot, not "my" Big Shot. LOL

Scrapworking 11-16-2006 05:35 AM

LOL! Good thing I'm done with my coffee. That would have made a nice mess on the monitor!

Sharon

allamericanstampers 11-16-2006 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKMom
Chris- I've only played with mine a bit, but I ran an A-2 piece of cardstock through mine with embossing folder on the corner, worked peachy.

Thanks! I like the (uh-hum...almost said my) Big Shot but it is awkward for storing...of course, I've got it now so I'll keep it. Those Cuttlebug dies are so cute though, I'm glad we can use them in both machines!!