Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #1  
Swapper of the Month December 2011

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Cricut Expression Shadowing Help Please

Hi
I dont understand the shadow effect that the Cricut cartridges have. Specifically I am trying to figure out the large fish on the Camp Out cartridge. The shadow of the fish is fish without fins????? Does the shadow piece go in the front? back? I guess I just down understand how it is suppose to look.
Im not having any success finding information about the shadowing effect on line so Im asking for my fellow SCSers help.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that when I cut out letters and want to layer them on top of say a black cardstock.. I use the shadow feature. I then put the one on top of the other. I wish I had the cartridge you were talking about.. have you checked out the cricut message board? there are some threads for certain cartridges:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/

hope that helps..

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #3  

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I know that when I cut out letters and want to layer them on top of say a black cardstock.. I use the shadow feature. I then put the one on top of the other. I wish I had the cartridge you were talking about.. have you checked out the cricut message board? there are some threads for certain cartridges:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/

hope that helps..

~ Pam
Thank you. I think I am overly frustrated with this darn fish. I just dont understand how to place the shadow fish (basically a fish with no fins). How that is suppose to shadow the original one??
I have a favor to ask........you are the lucky one since you are the only person to reply to my plea Can you go to the cricut website and click on the sample of the faceplate or the back of the box and see the shape Im talking about. Its from the camp out cartridge.
When you have time of course. At your leasure.
Thank you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Lori... I went to the site and found this sample of the images:

http://www.cricut.com/shopping/image...amplesheet.jpg

and this is the layout:

http://www.cricut.com/shopping/image...ut_overlay.jpg

is it the green fish or the blue fish? I have no solution cartridges so I'm not sure who the shadow features work on them.

.. after looking at the layout/mat.. I see the shadow and the blackout buttons. When you just select the fish and cut it out.. I am guessing that it has the cut outs on the fish.. then if you selected the fish and selected the shadow, it should be a solid shape that you can lay under the fish you just cut out.. and if you cut out the fish and then cut out the fish using the blackout feature, that it will cut the same size fish that you just cut, except as a solid shape without the cut outs.

hope that makes sense.. is that how the cartridge/cuts work?

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #5  

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
Lori... I went to the site and found this sample of the images:

http://www.cricut.com/shopping/image...amplesheet.jpg

and this is the layout:

http://www.cricut.com/shopping/image...ut_overlay.jpg

is it the green fish or the blue fish? I have no solution cartridges so I'm not sure who the shadow features work on them.

.. after looking at the layout/mat.. I see the shadow and the blackout buttons. When you just select the fish and cut it out.. I am guessing that it has the cut outs on the fish.. then if you selected the fish and selected the shadow, it should be a solid shape that you can lay under the fish you just cut out.. and if you cut out the fish and then cut out the fish using the blackout feature, that it will cut the same size fish that you just cut, except as a solid shape without the cut outs.

hope that makes sense.. is that how the cartridge/cuts work?

~ Pam
Hey Pam
Thanks so much for your help. I think its when you use the Shift+Fish that doesnt make sense to me. Its a fish with no fins.............what am I suppose to do with that image?
I think I figured out the blackout. There are not layers (which is something else new to me I discovered).
Maybe Im just too old for all this new fangle stuff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I think that the fish without the fins is supposed to go on top of the fish with fins. This would give the look of the fish having fins of a different colour to the body. Look at the fishing net picture on the sample sheet. The handle goes on top of the net shape.

I think in this case the term 'Shadow' is confusing because you think it should go behind.
Reply With Quote Likes