Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gypsy Sync probs?

Ok so I got a Gypsy for Christmas and was trying to register and says I have to Sync it.. no prob I have done everything I can think of to do this because there is something holding it up. I have even contacted my virus software company and they do not see what maybe holding it up. SO i contact Cricut and was suggested I delete my OP system and reinstall.. erm oh hell no am I donig that!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using Trend Micro btw
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I was having some problems with my Gypsy when it was brand new also. I called Provo Craft and they were wonderful. The lady walked me through every step and it went very smoothly. I would call Provo Craft back again and see if they can help you with this.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default same Gypsy trouble here - but lots of carts

I bought my Gypsy from craft-e-corner about a month ago and had all kinds of trouble "synching." I did all the virus stuff and my husband even tried everything he could think of. I did notice before I put it back in the box (that is on the desk right behind me) that it appeared that there were a whole lot of cartridges loaded on my Gypsy. I didn't count because it took a while to scroll through and by then I was very frustrated. But then, I was worried that if I figure out how to synch, I may loose all those carts I saw. I figured I would worry about it during the break since we had until 12/31 to download the freebies. I am curious to know if this happened to anyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
Ok so I got a Gypsy for Christmas and was trying to register and says I have to Sync it.. no prob I have done everything I can think of to do this because there is something holding it up. I have even contacted my virus software company and they do not see what maybe holding it up. SO i contact Cricut and was suggested I delete my OP system and reinstall.. erm oh hell no am I donig that!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using Trend Micro btw
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Default I'm Having Trouble Too

I have been messing with this gypsy for hours.. It doesn't seem like it should be this hard. I would just say oh well be 3 of my new cartridges won't load until I get the stupid thing sync. I was so excited and now I am just frustrated. I guess I will try to call them tomorrow and see if they can help. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please help!!

I want to enjoy this gift not hate it!

Bambi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

With my Gypsy I have found I have to totally turn off Trend Micro in order for it to Sync,.. Try turning off your antivirus during this but remember to turn it back on.

Trend Micro said they have had others having issues and will call me when it is ready to show me the fix .. I will email them today to get an update
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Default How to turn Trend off

I did what they said to let the sync work... but I am still having trouble. How do you turn the trend off??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambi.stonerView Post
I did what they said to let the sync work... but I am still having trouble. How do you turn the trend off??
on your tray at the bottom of your screen you should see your icon showing it is running right click it and "exit" the program.. Dont forget tho to go back under your start button and go into the program to restart it
HTH

I so understand the frustration
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Default how long?

Ok... I have turned off my Trend and it is loading... Does it take a long time? It did this lastnight but then when I finally got to 100% it did nothing.. I am hoping it will work this time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Default 100%

Ok... It is showing me that I am at 100% but nothing is happening. I am not sure if I should disconnect or what? Any help??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a hard time last night getting everything loaded. Now that it's done I can't load any cartridges onto my Gypsy. When I unplugged it from my 'puter it reads "connected" and I can't turn it off ar do nynthing else with it. Any help out there for me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I was so happy to see this thread. I got a Gypsy for my birthday in Oct. and never could get it set up right. I called Provo, but had to wait for almost an hour and finally gave up. I was so frustrated with it that I just put it up. Now I maybe can see what the problem was. Let's hope that's it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

I just got my Gypsy for Christmas as well. I have updated my Gypsy and linked all my cartridge's. It took a long time to update, but I stayed patience and let it work. If the Gypsy or my computer gave me any problems I just turned them off and start all over.

P.S. - I was just of the Provo Craft Gypsy website and they have moved the register date from Dec 31st 2010 to Feb 28th 2011 for the 5 new cartridges. So this gives more ppl time to figure things out. YAY

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
With my Gypsy I have found I have to totally turn off Trend Micro in order for it to Sync,.. Try turning off your antivirus during this but remember to turn it back on.

Trend Micro said they have had others having issues and will call me when it is ready to show me the fix .. I will email them today to get an update
I am back with a tale of success: as the days drew near to the 12/31 deadline (which has been extended according to the website) to register and get the 5 free carts, I (and my husband) perservered. Turning off Trend Micro did the trick for me, too. Each step of the registration and updating took many minutes/hours and there were some freezes and repeating processes, but I can say my Gypsy is now registered and updated!

Please share when you hear back from Trend Micro so we all know when we don't have to fully disable it to synch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for this information. I have had my Gypsy since last Christmas but when they changed the Gypsy Sync I have not been able to update. I had tried disabling my antivirus but hadn't exited out of it yet. I will have to try it tonight. I have a new cartridge I got for Christmas this year that I can't load until it updates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Received 374 Likes on 222 Posts

Mine is still updating. Although I haven't had any issues (I disabled my firewall and antivirus programs temporarily), it's taking forever. But it is progressing, so I'm leaving it alone. I bought it today at Michael's on Clearance for $99. I had two gift cards, and I decided to treat myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Default cartridge images and handbooks online!

This link has a list of cartridge sample images and handbooks that are available online:
Cricut� cartridges

I contacted Cricut about getting the PDF handbooks for the two free carts that come with the Gypsy because the Cricut FAQ page says the handbooks are available online but the link with the answer is bogus. They got back with me within 24 hours with this link that is for all the carts! Not every cart has the full book but at least you can download the sample images which I find very useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

I had success last night, after exiting out of Trend Micro my Gypsy updated it took quite a while but it's updated and I have the free carts. I couldn't get smiley cards to work last night but will try again tonight or call support but it's much better than it was. YEAH
Reply With Quote Likes