Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about paper.....working through my pile..

So, probably like many of you, I have got a TON of paper (12 x 12). My DH built me a few shelves in the spare closet and up until now i've just sorted it using one stack of solid and the other is anything printed.
Over the weekend I pulled it out and went through it, I'd like to be able to sort it out even further and not just have a huge stack to sort through when I need something.

So I guess my question is this, How do you sort it? how do you store your paper and if you use some special box, etc...........where do you get it?

It's just getting a bit overwhelming and I really need to get some of this used up!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I am using postal mailer boxes available at the post office. The ones that fit a 12x12 size, then cut down the sides like a magazine holder. I love the upright storage and I can change around and add to my collection as needed.

I sort my printed papers by occasion- breaking out Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, Easter, etc. Also group some by paper lines- Basic Grey for example. Assorted leftovers are then grouped by color or style- fall colors, brights, florals, etc. I have ALOT of papers. I keep the scraps right in with the grouping by adding them to an envelope mailing which fits in the slot with the larger box. I use the same system for cardstock- group by color, keeping the scraps with the color
Because the boxes are made of paper, I can paint/alter them to fit my decor. (on my craft-to-do list)
It's basically a low-cost version to the horizontal vertical Cropper Hopper system seen here:
http://www.cropperhopper.com/index.a...TS&Category=10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I saw a neat idea in a scrapbook mag...can't remember which one though. I just sorted all my papers using the method this weekend and it works great for me.

Buy some fold back clips and work out how you want to group your papers. I mostly grouped mine by brand and line, as I tend to buy a whole set of papers at a time - eg chatterbox-chateau. But some themes I have lots of one off sheets that don't match - esp Christmas and baby papers so I clipped these by theme.

The main reason I like this system is that it allows me to clip my odds and ends pieces of paper back with the 12x12 sheets. I found that when I was storing my scraps separately, I'd not use them and I'd get in a mess with paper here there and everywhere. I am thinking about clipping coordinating cardstock with some of the papers - that way when I'm ready to make cards I just need to grab one set and I'm all good to go

The person in the magazine had lots of paper. She had left the "arms" of her fold back clips up and tied labels to them with identifying details so that she could quickly grab a stack and use it. She also had an ingeneous file system of regular office in trays that were taped together and then stacked on their sides on a bookshelf so that they formed holders - she then put the paper in with the fold back clips on the front for easy identifcation. way cheaper than dedicated scrapbook shelving. At the moment I'm using my cropper hopper file folder but I'll change to the in tray system as it seems really workable
Reply With Quote Likes