Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which marker should I buy for use on stamp?

I'm new stamper, I have SU bold bright marker set and Zig twins marker. I do like the US to used on the stamp because they are brush and water base. I had used my zig marker on the stamp but it dry little fast when I finished color the whole stamp and its little light on paper. My question is which one good for use on stamp? and is it the copic sketch marker are the best for coloring image? Can anyone tell me, when play with the stamp use ink pad a lot or marker a lot? Do I need to collection ink pad and marker for stamping. I know marker must have for color image. Just wondering is ink pad still must have too when marker can use on stamp? Is it only SU & copic marker can be refill? Is it really need to have ink pad match the marker like SU? I'm looking to compare US, Tombow and whispers markers. As my knowledge they are all water base.
Thanks for everyone helping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

do not use copics on on a rubber/acrylic stamp itself.
stampin' up! markers were made to use when coloring AND to use ON stamps.
my etsy shop ;; my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyinicView Post
I'm new stamper, I have SU bold bright marker set and Zig twins marker. I do like the US to used on the stamp because they are brush and water base. I had used my zig marker on the stamp but it dry little fast when I finished color the whole stamp and its little light on paper. My question is which one good for use on stamp? and is it the copic sketch marker are the best for coloring image? Can anyone tell me, when play with the stamp use ink pad a lot or marker a lot? Do I need to collection ink pad and marker for stamping. I know marker must have for color image. Just wondering is ink pad still must have too when marker can use on stamp? Is it only SU & copic marker can be refill? Is it really need to have ink pad match the marker like SU? I'm looking to compare US, Tombow and whispers markers. As my knowledge they are all water base.
Thanks for everyone helping!
Copic markers can be used directly on stamps but they wouldn't be the best choice if that is your main goal. Then, I would go for a water based marker. I love the Stampin' Up markers for direct coloring.

If you goal is to color your images, then Copics totally rock! And for ocassional coloring directly on your stamps, they are fine.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

If you find that when you use your SU markers to color the stamp that it is drying out by the time you go to stamp the image on paper, you just hold the stamp near your mouth and with your mouth open breath on it a couple of times, the moisture from your breath with remoisten the ink and it should stamp clearer for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks! everyone. I will get some copic to try first because Its little high price than Prismacolor. I could get a set of Prismacolor at Michaels with coupon but not copic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

I preference of markers for coloring on stamps are: 1 - Marvy brush markers 2 - tombow 3 - SU

If the ink dries too fast huff on the marker (hold the colored stamp close to your mouth and "huff" some air from your mouth) then stamp. You can also add a bit of moisture by holding the colored stamp at arms length and very lightly spritz on some water with a FINE mist sprayer.

I have refreshed all my Marvy markers with Ranger's Ink Refresher and they work great. I don't know how many time I can refresh them but so far its working great.

Haven't tried Whispers water based markers. I use the whispers permanent markers and love them, but I would never color them on my stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes