Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spellbinders Doodle Die DISCONTINUED

Heard from one of my vendors that Spellbinders discontinued one of the NEW doodles dies. They didn't know why. Anyone have the scoop on this??

Before I realized it might stem from a design flaw, I got on ebay and did a "buy it now" for the doodle set I have been wanting. It's this one.

http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/...idProduct=4638

Anyone know what's going on with this die???

Thanks,

Elizabeth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Hello???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there - to be honest it is not really surprising this is being discontinued - I bought this set and have not been impressed with it at all. It is difficult to get the die cuts out of the dies neatly regardless of what thickness of cardstock I use, particularly the long thinner ones - you end up pulling the die cut out of shape just to get it out of the die. I have used it in my Cuttlebug with very little success :(

Niki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadsonthebrainView Post
Heard from one of my vendors that Spellbinders discontinued one of the NEW doodles dies. They didn't know why. Anyone have the scoop on this??

Before I realized it might stem from a design flaw, I got on ebay and did a "buy it now" for the doodle set I have been wanting. It's this one.

http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/...idProduct=4638

Anyone know what's going on with this die???

Thanks,

Elizabeth
I love this die! It is one of my favorites! I just verified with Spellbinders office that it isn't the Doodle Parts Die that you linked, but the Doodles S4 120 that will be discontinued......here is the link to that die.
http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/...idProduct=4639

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I am so sorry. Yes, that is the correct one. Any idea why??

Thanks!

Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiGView Post
Hi there - to be honest it is not really surprising this is being discontinued - I bought this set and have not been impressed with it at all. It is difficult to get the die cuts out of the dies neatly regardless of what thickness of cardstock I use, particularly the long thinner ones - you end up pulling the die cut out of shape just to get it out of the die. I have used it in my Cuttlebug with very little success :(

Niki
This is so odd to read because I haven't had any problems with Spellbinders dies. I love the versatility of them and people are so impressed when they see the embossed die cuts on cards and layouts. I prefer using the dies in the Wizard just because they were made to use with their machine, but have certainly used them in the Cuttlebug too. The wizard is great for smashing the bottlecaps for pendants, cool embellishments, keychain pendants, zipper pulls.....oh I should stop now.

Sorry to ramble, I just find it odd that you have problems pulling the paper out of the die cuts. What paper are you using??

Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Gotta make room for new ones! ;)

Seriously, though, Spellbinders will discontinue dies occasionally. Sometimes it is a die that has been around for a long time, and sometimes it may be one that is a little less popular. With CHA-Summer right around the corner, I'm excited to see what's on the horizon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

No joke! I'm always on the look out for new dies from Spellbinders. They rock!! Not only am I hooked on their dies, but I have noticed it's pretty contagious when I run into people that haven't heard of them. he he

Elizabeth the Enabler
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Okay enable me

Elizabeth,
Lets hear about this spell binder thing. You know I love my toys.
Lori:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Default why Spellbinders??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori BrodnaxView Post
Elizabeth,
Lets hear about this spell binder thing. You know I love my toys.
Lori:mrgreen:
Bwahaha...okay you asked for it.

1st! Spellbinders has the best buy for your buck hands down! Their dies allow you to cut, emboss and stencil. They are really 3 in 1 dies! I got rid of my Marvy punches when Spellbinders came out with the Nestabilities. The Nestabilities shapes take up almost no space at all. The Marvy punches are space hoggers too.

2nd! You can use competitors dies in the Wizard machine. The Wizard also smashes bottlecaps (for making cute charms, necklaces, embellishments, bracelets, bookmarks etc.) You can set multiple eyelets at once. Why do you need to do this you ask?? I'll post a pic of a cute card I received from a friend. So so cute! When I saw it, I immediately thought of the Wizard for setting the eyelets all at once. YOu can also decorate a green paper in the shape of a Christmas tree and have all eyelets decorating the tree like ornaments. So easy. You can emboss metal, ....wait! I should just share the link so you can read for yourself. I'm rambling. Ha ha

http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/ct_demo.asp

They have videos to show you all the different things you can do with the Wizard. Take a look.

One last point I want to make. The Marvy punches are running $14 - $20 for one shape. For instance the big circle scallop. With Spellbinders you get 6 different sizes for $24.99 Huge savings..... money and space.

check it out and let me know what you think! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I'm not an expert, nor do I work for them, just sharing my thoughts on why I love them so!

Cheers! Elizabeth

Oh! There are some beautiful layouts made with some of their dies in links below. Check out the close up pics!

http://embellished-dreams.blogspot.c...l-flowers.html

http://paperfections.typepad.com/pap...ellbinder
Reply With Quote Likes