Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easiest stamp positioner

Hello,

Haven't stamped in 12 years but the kiddos are off to college and I have time again!
I have a good ol' Stampamajig which is fine but there are numerous positioners now.
Which one is the easiest to use? Help!
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,838 Posts

I use the Misti. There is a monthly challenge here where you could win money to help pay for a Misti. Since there are many options available, you will get numerous suggestions. I would suggest watching a few videos where the person shares why they like the one they use. I like the Misti as I can stamp my image over till I have an impression that I like. I have left my stamp on the lid, colored the Image then placed my colored piece back in the Misti, and stamped it again. This works if you get paper in the same spot. Good luck with your choice.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Alice in Md (04-05-2022), leibetty (04-08-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 12:46 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen StevensonView Post
Hello,

Haven't stamped in 12 years but the kiddos are off to college and I have time again!
I have a good ol' Stampamajig which is fine but there are numerous positioners now.
Jen
Your Stampamajig is probably best if you're using wood mounted stamps. If you're using clear stamps or cling mount, there are numerous platforms, each has it's supporters. I love my Tim Holtz, but it was discontinued after the Misti lawsuit.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
gaylestamps (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 12:51 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I also love my Tim Holtz stamp positioner.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2022, 04:02 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Tim Holtz Stamp Positioner for fun messy stamping. It takes a beating. It's also a good one for those days when you are setting down and doing a lot of batch stamping.

We R Memory Keepers Precision Press Advanced. I love it for quick stamping projects. I also use it as an "altered" StampAMaJig for my wood mounted stamps.

WalMart is carrying a stamp positioner now too, if that helps any. It is similar to the We R Memory Keepers Precision Press. The price point is lower.

HTH!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

I have the sadly-discontinued Tim Holtz (I like being able to turn the "flap" around between rubber and clear stamp thicknesses), a Stampin' Up! Stamparatus, and the original-size MISTI. They get used in rotation, but sometimes I leave seasonal stamps on one so those are ready to go as needed.
My favorite is probably the original-size MISTI because it takes an open A2 card for easy stamping on both sides of the inside; get extra magnets if/when you order. I have extra plates for the Stamparatus (which I think are no longer available, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that come in handy at times, and occasionally I take advantage of the open corners; you'll want extra magnets for this one, too.
I have unmounted several favorite wood-mount stamps then re-mounted them using E-Z Mount so I can use them with one of these positioner tools. It's well worth the trouble.
Whatever one you choose, you'll find it very helpful, especially when you need to re-stamp an image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2022, 06:09 AM   #7  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

I like that the Stamparatus plates are removable
and you can do the "hinge stamping"

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Beverly 1939 (04-13-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 07:04 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

I purchased a WRMK stamp positioner prior to the Misti situation.
I love it because it is hinged at the top with “give” so it does not require the need for a Mat. It takes photopolymer as well as cling no problem. It is also open on three sides which gives more flex ability When placing your paper.

I purchased mine while wintering in Arizona and when girls in stamp group saw my demo they all bought one. Shortly after Scrapbook.com had them on sale for $15. So many bought more, some for A second one to use for themselves and several for gifts for friends. I also purchased a second which is still in package. I don’t know how many years ago that was but I have been very pleased with this product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Scrapjanny (04-09-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts
Default MISTI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen StevensonView Post
Hello,

Jen
I LOVE my MISTI, actually both of them! I resisted buying for quite a while, but finally succumbed after watching lots of videos...and glad I did. Truly, has been an incredible product and I'm still using the original one with no issues. Who knew that this little product could be so darn helpful to a card maker??? Highly recommend... I have a Stamp-a-ma-jig too...still helpful if you have wood mounted stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2022, 07:23 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I definitely recommend MISTI. I have the original one and a Holtz device, too.
Differences: Misti lid is a tiny bit flexible. It has some 'give' so you can press harder when it's needed. Holtz has no flex.
Misti's frame limits the size of paper you can stamp on. Holtz has no 'curb' on the right side and bottom edge of the base and you can stamp on wide things.
Holtz device is bigger and takes up more desk space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2022, 07:59 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Just off on a tangent, about desk space. I have a small bookcase backed up to the end of my craft desk. This results in a small gap between back of bookcase and end of desk. Slid in vertically, I store a glass mat, a scoreboard, a foam stamping pad, and my Tim Holtz platform. This is within very easy reach of my seat at the desk, and the items slide in & out very nicely. So, the upshot is: none of these take up desk space, as they are only out when I'm using them.
The same cannot be said of my exacto guillotine cutter, which hogs a lot of space over on top of my stacked commercial flat files! I wouldn't give it up for a million paper trimmers, though.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by contrapat:
cilla16 (04-13-2022), lylacfey (04-10-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 12:34 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I definitely recommend MISTI. I have the original one and a Holtz device, too.
Differences: Misti lid is a tiny bit flexible. It has some 'give' so you can press harder when it's needed. Holtz has no flex.
Misti's frame limits the size of paper you can stamp on. Holtz has no 'curb' on the right side and bottom edge of the base and you can stamp on wide things.
Holtz device is bigger and takes up more desk space.
Tim has the smaller platform. It is 6.5 inches. I still see some online retailers carrying it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2022, 12:36 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
Just off on a tangent, about desk space. I have a small bookcase backed up to the end of my craft desk. This results in a small gap between back of bookcase and end of desk. Slid in vertically, I store a glass mat, a scoreboard, a foam stamping pad, and my Tim Holtz platform. This is within very easy reach of my seat at the desk, and the items slide in & out very nicely. So, the upshot is: none of these take up desk space, as they are only out when I'm using them.
The same cannot be said of my exacto guillotine cutter, which hogs a lot of space over on top of my stacked commercial flat files! I wouldn't give it up for a million paper trimmers, though.
I love that idea. I have a tall decorative box I keep all those large items in. I have it arranged nicely but if I grab one thing out of it my arrangement gets all messed up, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2022, 06:19 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the SU! Stamparatus and love it!! I am using stamps that I never did before because I couldn't get good images. And now it's so easy to restamp if needed.

I researched them all for months but went with the Stamparatus because of the 2 hinged, removable plates. When stamping for mutliple cards it really speeds things up. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options out there. I don't regreat my purchase at all and wish I had bought one when it first came out.

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Beverly 1939 (05-10-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 01:33 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I have been thinking about getting a second one...and I just watched a demo comparing the Stamparatus with the MISTI (which I have and those plates look really terrific for doing layered stamping. The magnetic aspect does not seem to be as strong though she suggested cutting down some mag vent cover. Maybe it will help you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2022, 03:39 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought from Amazon an organizer for pan lids or plates..this works great for holding the stamping platform. I have the Tim Holtz ..both sizes and a Misti. Love them..absolute necessity for accurate stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2022, 04:32 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the original Misti and the smaller one and use both constantly. Highly recommend. The plates have a bit of give for when you need to apply pressure. Best craft purchase I have made in over 20 years of crafting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2022, 06:22 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the original MISTI, the newer one with the metal hinges and also the mini. I use ALL of them all the time, sometimes all at the same time. I also have the Stamp-a-Ratus and love it when I'm doing layering stamps. For classes I can load them all up and have them ready to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2022, 09:13 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I love my Tim Holtz, but it was discontinued after the Misti lawsuit.
It was only discontinued in North America as it wasn't patented worldwide. There are other stamp positioners available worldwide including the Stamp Perfect by Hampton Arts, the Sugar Nellie one amongst others.
Reply With Quote Likes
from the heart (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krick37View Post
I bought from Amazon an organizer for pan lids or plates..this works great for holding the stamping platform. I have the Tim Holtz ..both sizes and a Misti. Love them..absolute necessity for accurate stamping.
Plastic pan/plate organizers are a great idea for storing our magnetic tools. I found some fairly heavy duty plastic ones at Staples that are similar to this: https://www.staples.com/tru-red-3-sl...oduct_24380403 Now my positioners don't try to cling to each other or to their slots on my desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (04-14-2022)