Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   ATG refill question for those in greater Phoenix (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/atg-refill-question-those-greater-phoenix-308253/)

Stampin' Adventurer 12-17-2007 02:53 PM

ATG refill question for those in greater Phoenix

Has anybody found these locally? I know that framing supplies has a great deal if you order at least 12, but that would probably last me 4 years, and I don't want it to "go bad". Thanks!

Smiles,

Scrap Arcs 12-17-2007 06:13 PM

I don't have an ATG but if I remember correctly I thought Scrapbooks Etc. had some refills. If you're not close I'd call first though as I don't have one so I wasn't looking for refills, but I thought I saw some.

stigmom6 12-17-2007 06:36 PM

I have not found them for a decient price. Try Aarons or any other framing store.Can not think of the one that is always in the little envelopes of junk mail. They are much more expensive that way at least double sometimes triple??????:confused: Okay read over this and I am absolutely no help. but Good Luck anyway! :)

One more thing... There really isn't much of a price difference when you buy less than 12 from Framing supplies.

Stampin' Adventurer 12-17-2007 06:38 PM

Thanks, Scrap Arcs! Guess I better just bite the bullet, though, and order a bunch because it will be less stressful than taking the kids into a store. If most brick and mortars are like the on-line stores they probably jack the price up anyway.

Stampin' Adventurer 12-17-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6 (Post 8045914)
One more thing... There really isn't much of a price difference when you buy less than 12 from Framing supplies.

I'd rather spread the shipping out over many, though, so they do stay relatively inexpensive. Guess I just need to get friends hooked on this as well so that we can share a larger number of rolls. =-) Thanks!

Smiles,

apakinc.com 12-21-2007 09:09 PM

Hello, A lot of people wonder how much ATG tape to buy. I usually suggest to our customers that they buy no more than they will use in 6 months or so. The tape does have a longer shelf life but unless you take special care with temperature and keeping it out of sunlight it might lose some of its effectiveness.
Unfortunately domestic UPS and FedEx shipping costs are now at least $10 for anything under a pound so you need to keep that in mind when you order. It makes your cost higher per roll but ordering more than you can reasonably use just to keep your cost per roll down can get you into trouble if you try to use them too far into their shelf life. Hope this helps.

Stampin' Adventurer 12-22-2007 06:21 AM

Thanks for the shelf life reminder. I'll keep it in mind when I order.

Smiles,

tdodd00 12-22-2007 08:41 AM

I have started ordering them 12 at a time...I know that I use more of this than is required because it sticks so well, but "loose" corners (or anything else for that matter) makes me crazy. As long as they are stored at a comfortable climate, I can't imagine them going "bad". You might also try Ebay...you might be able to buy fewer but still get a good shipping cost.

AGJESSEE 12-22-2007 09:30 AM

I buy mine at Scrapbooks etc. They have the refills for $6.99 but its a big roll! I made 100 wedding invites with a roll & a half! I use it alot. I buy about 5 at a time lasts me a while.

Joypup 12-22-2007 09:40 AM

I say, find a friend and split a dozen at Framing Supply. I did find some on ebay and I have been using them for two years with NO PROBLEM. I keep them in a drawer in a cool-ish room. I think that helps. Heat might be a problem with gumming and running, I would imagine, over time, since the adhesive might "slump" off the carrier paper (which is slick).

I am about to run out of that stash, so I am going for the acid free and a lot of it. Love my ATG gun -- about to buy a second one that is 1/4 inch, so I don't have to consider changing tape for tinier projects.

Stampin' Adventurer 12-22-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joypup (Post 8088745)
I say, find a friend and split a dozen at Framing Supply.

That's the problem. I don't have any crafty friends--or at least any friends that have an ATG. Guess it's time to expand my horizons.

Smiles,

goodlicorice 12-22-2007 11:01 AM

Hey, Anne, I'll split an order with you, if you'd like. I haven't ordered an ATG yet and keep wanting to. I could meet you somewhere to split 'em up. :D