Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Anyone got a Cuttlekids? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/anyone-got-cuttlekids-300366/)

kim021 11-12-2007 04:54 PM

Anyone got a Cuttlekids?

Just wondering if anyone has a Cuttle kids. I'm looking at getting one for DD for Christmas. Do the dies cut through cardstock?

TIA!

Kim

Cathy H 11-12-2007 06:23 PM

I just saw these today at JoAnn's. What a clever marketing idea !

steph772 11-12-2007 06:34 PM

Oh my, what are these??????

kim021 11-12-2007 06:57 PM

It's like a mini cuttle bug for kids! Sooooo cute. But everything I read about them say that it cuts paper and foam shapes but nothing about cutting cardstock.

steph772 11-12-2007 07:38 PM

OH, Im going to have to check this out. my girls are always messing with my bug!

mindyrapp 11-13-2007 05:36 AM

google cuttlekids review. Someone reviewed one on a blog. It may even be on this site somewhere.

steph772 11-13-2007 06:37 PM

I saw it on the back of the papercrafts issue for this month. Very cute! Wonder what the price range is and if it is any different than the big bug.

I let my kids use my bug, so Im not sure if I will get it. Unless, i find a great deal.

curias 11-14-2007 12:55 PM

I am featuring this on Friday on Scrap Time! My 5 year old DD demos it for you. She loves it and I can let her use it by herself.

steph772 11-14-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curias (Post 7712961)
I am featuring this on Friday on Scrap Time! My 5 year old DD demos it for you. She loves it and I can let her use it by herself.

Very cool! Can we see it anytime after friday??

Later Dais 11-14-2007 07:14 PM

My 6 yr old DD has one and she loves it. Easy to use 'cause it is smaller(made for little hands). It will cut through SU cardstock, no problem. It did cut through fun foam, too. The dies are more very cute kid-friendly designs. You can use the Cuttlekid dies with your Cuttlebug but not the other way around. IF you use a Cuttlekid in your Cuttlebug, the bug will break the Cuttlekid die because it is lighter. It was one of her favorite birthday gifts. I am gonna get more Cuttlekid dies to put in her stocking.

steph772 11-15-2007 04:20 AM

Do you mind sharing the price?? Im curious :)

Rosiebudstamp 11-15-2007 04:27 AM

Don't have a cuddlekid just using them in my cuddlebug.....some are very cute and used a Joann's coupon to get them cheaper!

scrappykat 11-15-2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Later Dais (Post 7717492)
You can use the Cuttlekid dies with your Cuttlebug but not the other way around. IF you use a Cuttlekid in your Cuttlebug, the bug will break the Cuttlekid die because it is lighter.

I'm confused??!! Can you use the Cuttlekids dies in the Cuttlebug or not?

steph772 11-15-2007 06:55 AM

Ok girls, I did a little research.

According to joanns.com, the machine is ONLY 23.99! Thats a great price. The dies are around 3.50.

They work in the big cuttlebug. They are very cute! Two steps on some. the first you cut in black, and the second in color. then you piece it together on the black piece. ADORABLE! The hippo is to die for! I love hippos!! Im getting that for ME! LOL!

Many boy dies. 4wheelers, trucks, skulls etc.

Tons of animal dies, really cute.

Girly stuff, purses, fairy alpha- includes a wand, fairy, and a flower! Prices are perfect.

I will be getting the dies. I let my kids use my bug anyway, but the dies are way more the kids style. Definitely a good product in my book!!

Type in cuttlekids under google, you will get lots of results.

kim021 11-15-2007 11:51 AM

Thanks for that ladies! Now that I know the Cuttlekids will cut cardstock, I'll get her one for Christmas! I'm sure she'll LOVE it! Thanks!!!!

Kim

angiegypsy 11-15-2007 12:19 PM

To use the Cuttlekids dies in the Cuttlebug you need to have the dies on the right or left side of the machine and not in the middle. The middle doesn't put enough pressure to cut thru the cardstock, but the sides do.

curias 11-15-2007 02:46 PM

The episode is now up for viewing.

www.scraptime.ca

holo3850 11-16-2007 12:38 PM

I bought a Cuttlebug for kids for my DS and he loves it. I bought it for him a few months ago when they first came out for $25.00nplus bought some dies for him.Love it!!!! Kim

Stampin' Adventurer 11-16-2007 08:15 PM

Do the plates get destroyed as quickly as they do with the Cuttlebug? Thanks!

steph772 11-17-2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curias (Post 7725898)
The episode is now up for viewing.

www.scraptime.ca

I couldnt get it to work:(

Yapha 11-18-2007 06:45 PM

Any thoughts on the cheapest place to buy them?

Yapha

collector 11-20-2007 08:01 AM

I bought the cuttlekid, an extra set of plates, and some dies for my niece for Christmas from www.crazyscraps.com with free shipping over $75. It was all on sale, and the service was really good.

curias 11-20-2007 09:47 AM

Stephanie - I pm'd you with some trouble shooting problems.

stampininthesun 11-20-2007 10:32 AM

I bought the Cuttlekids for my DS who is almost 5 for Christmas. We have not used it yet , but it sure looks fun! She has a table set up in my craft room and loves to craft with me. I know she'll love having her own cutting tool!!
I bought my items from
Custom Crops and Hallmark Scrapbook

I really wanted the Fairy Tale Alphabet and only one of the stores had it in stock at the time and the other one had the actual bug much cheaper! I am not sure of the prices now!
I really want the storage case..off to check for that now!

mommyr 05-29-2008 10:50 AM

Cuttle Kid

So I just bought one of these last week from Michaels with a coupon on a total whim. Well, several of the dies were on clearance and now i can't stop buying the rest. I have found that Ms takes competitor coupons so that helps. Why pay full price right? Anyway I was reading these posts and found the podcast. It was very cute and helpful. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts.

My 5 year old and 3 yearold love this and I think it would make a great gift for any young kiddo.

Robyn

Erin K 05-29-2008 12:23 PM

Robyn M's shoud also take one M coupon AND one competitor in the same transaction. I dont know if you knew, but it's awesome.

So I got one for my son. He LOVES it, but he can't really turn it, it gets halfway through and then when the turning gets tough he gives up and it shoots back out at him. Now he's only 3 and it says age 7, so I'm sure by the time he's 5 or something he will be fine with it. So I just put it in the closet for him.

And I was holding it with him and when it shot at him it hit ME, not him, but it did hurt. Just didn't want anyone to think I handed a toddler a cutting machine and said, "here have at it!"

g33kgr1 07-02-2008 07:42 AM

Bump...

wondering if anyone else out there has invested in this machine and how they like it?

Considering if for my 3.5 DD, she loves mine but it makes me nervous. I hear the crank is hard to turn... but I am willing to gamble and try it. I can always pack it away (like PP) and try again.

Doodah 07-02-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33kgr1 (Post 10383759)
Bump...

wondering if anyone else out there has invested in this machine and how they like it?

Considering if for my 3.5 DD, she loves mine but it makes me nervous. I hear the crank is hard to turn... but I am willing to gamble and try it. I can always pack it away (like PP) and try again.

My DD(7 yo) has one she bought if with her own money.. she was using my Cuttle bug more then me!! Anyways it works great and the CK dies cut great and she can also you my CB dies in her machine. We picked it up at Wal-Mart for under $20 before Easter they also have the CK dies too. The handle to crank the machine doesn't seem to be hard for her to turn like I said she was using MY CB before she bought her CK. HTH~

Yapha 07-02-2008 08:31 AM

My daughter got hers at 4 1/2, and needed some help with it. Now that she is 5 she can do it by herself. It might be hard for a 3 1/2 year old on their own. But I'd still get it! :)

Yapha

g33kgr1 07-02-2008 10:35 AM

OK, DH took us to Michaels and we bought it. She is able to turn it with a little help. It was worth it--she is having fun. She is a pretty "sturdy" 3.5 year old. She is pretty good about stacking the sandwhich correctly but needs some help lining it up to insert it. And she can crank it as long as I help hold the top. I'm just using colored copy paper--not cardstock. The suction cups on the legs seem better than the CB!

Michaels had very limited dies available today... I remember seeing a BUNCH on clearance a few months ago... I wonder if the other dies are gone or new ones are coming? Anyone going to CHA? Ask provo craft and report back. :)

stigmom6 07-02-2008 10:40 AM

We have the CK and LOVE it! You can use the CK dies in the CB but not the CB dies in the CK. They cut through CS just fine. My boys have no problems with it. They have a blast using it and make cards and projects all the time!! We got it at Michaels before easter with a coupon. All the dies were on clearence for 50% off. I can't wait for new dies to come out.

Doodah 07-02-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33kgr1 (Post 10385715)
OK, DH took us to Michaels and we bought it. She is able to turn it with a little help. It was worth it--she is having fun. She is a pretty "sturdy" 3.5 year old. She is pretty good about stacking the sandwhich correctly but needs some help lining it up to insert it. And she can crank it as long as I help hold the top. I'm just using colored copy paper--not cardstock. The suction cups on the legs seem better than the CB!

Michaels had very limited dies available today... I remember seeing a BUNCH on clearance a few months ago... I wonder if the other dies are gone or new ones are coming? Anyone going to CHA? Ask provo craft and report back. :)

they also have CK dies at Wal-Mart at least mine stll does :)

Wiebe98 07-02-2008 03:09 PM

YES

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim021 (Post 7695082)
Just wondering if anyone has a Cuttle kids. I'm looking at getting one for DD for Christmas. Do the dies cut through cardstock?

TIA!

Kim

Yes, they do. The dies can also be used with the regular Cuttlebug!

__________________________________________________ _______
Support Me In The SuperWalk. Click Here!!