Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #81  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no copics either

I am one of the few people who dont have copics.There is no way i could justify the price. My sweet husband did buy me a cricut a couple of years ago and i have no desire whatsoever to get the expression. And i did get a cuttlebug for the embossing feature only. I just got gutsy enough to try the nesties and have fallen in love with them. I would rather spend my $$ on embossing folders or nesties. I also buy things when they are on sale or i have a coupon,or free shipping.I have made a wish list and when i do get to a craft store(2 hours from here)i already know what i want and come prepared with coupons or only buy on sale. regular markers from wally world work great for all my needs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #82  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. Copics: I wanted to try alcohol markers, so I bought Blick studio markers. They are about 1.60 or so a piece and they were a good way to start. Their tips are not as soft as copics, they are similar to the prismacolor markers. I did get a few copics with coupons or when on sale at hobby lobby (I just get couple at a time

2. Nesties: I have two sets but will not buy anymore since their angel policy is not good enough for me (you are not allowed to sell your cards online)

3. Cuttlebug: I have 3 embossing folders and will not buy anymore cuttlebug stuff because of the same reason as nesties.

I did get the big kick at michaels with a 50%off coupon and will try to get sizzix stuff when I can.

You may also want to check out the PIF thread over in the swap forum for images or cuttlebug papers. I got some really cute stuff from there, and you can play along as long as you have at least 4 stamp choices to offer for snagging.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #83  
Glitter Guru

I feel your pain! I'm just starting out in this wonderful obsession and it is costly! At this point, I just bought a 100pc marker set from Michael's today with a 40% coupon...grand total of $14.61. It even comes in a nice standing holder. Now, that I can deal with. I matched up a lot of the colors to SU CS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

No copics here...as the person above me said..I use prisma coloured pencils too..with gamasol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:51 AM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

None for me either...too expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by granny kayView Post
Am I the only stamper without copic markers? I haven't bought the new nesties, or the new CB folders. I'm on a limited income and must watch what I spend. I'm disappointed when I look at all the new images on the cards. I would like to see more use of the older stamp sets. Am I all alone?
You're not alone at all. I love to see people use old stamps in a new way & make up weird stuff myself (Since my budget is NIL.) It's more exciting to try new stuff anyway! :O)

I just posted a blog tutorial how to make your own Cuttlebug folders by stamping & cutting cereal box cardboard and gluing it on another piece, if you're interested it's here:

http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2009/0...breakfast.html

I like to label things like that "cheap tricks" <-- You can click that link to check that label on my blog (if you like to blurf) and maybe you can save money & have fun.

Lately, I've been using wax paper & tin foil... it's so much fun to stick it to cardstock & cuttlebug it!

Happy Stamping,
:O)
Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #87  
Polyshrink Goddess

No copics here either. I paint with watercolor and chalk. I did order some nesties though only 1 set to try them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #88  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have 5 copics and I just can't get behind the big draw. I like that they are refillable and you can get new tips, but I'm not ready to take the plunge and spend that kind of money when I can watercolor or use my prisma pencils.

I also have a couple of sets of Nesties and I think they are more of a pain than anything. I rarely use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

Nope, no copics, a little to pricey for me, DH got me three sets of nesties for Christmas, and it took me over a year to decide I'd like to have a cuttlebug, and it do use it, but don't by every new folder that comes out. When I started stamping about 10 years ago I thought I needed every new thing that came out, but now, I really think about how much would I use this, before I decide to buy. My son wanted to buy me the Circuit last year for Christmas and I told him no way, I would never use it enough to justify the price. I to like a lot of the retired stamps, especially SU sets and love to see what others come up with in using them.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #90  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Quote:

Am I the only stamper without copic markers? I haven't bought the new nesties, or the new CB folders. I'm on a limited income and must watch what I spend. I'm disappointed when I look at all the new images on the cards. I would like to see more use of the older stamp sets. Am I all alone?
OK, LOL! I have joined the ranks of cuttlebug owners, got one for my birthday. But with limited spending money, I haven't bought folders or dies for it yet.
About using older sets, I think quite a few folks here are demos and have to remain current, and also stampers want to use that new set they just got. Myself? I buy retired sets here and on ebay and use them because I LIKE them! So, while it's natural to see lots of things made with the new sets, you can always use your older sets. My gripe is when a swap will say SU only or current SU only. I usually pass those up. I use a lot of stamps & products that aren't SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #91  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't have copics. I don't think I have enough artistic ability to warrant the serious coinage that they cost to get, LOL
No nesties here either. I do have a couple of the new CB folders--my HL never seems to have them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #92  
Stampin' Fool

No copics, just 1 set of nesties, and several CB embossing folders. I buy them one at a time with my 40% off coupon from Joann's.

The only reason I have SU markers is because we did a marker club last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #93  
Rubber Obsessor

No copics here either. I decided to not even start with them. I like to watercolor with reinkers/stamp pads, and have SU markers. I will work on perfecting my technique with these, rather than buying something else, and learning another technique.
I do have a cuttlebug and quite a few folders, and some dies. I have picked up the basic nesties that HL carries with their coupons, but haven't felt compelled to have "all" of them. I'm learning how to use these through all the great sharing that goes on here, and on blogs I visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You are NOT alone! I'm an SU! demo and I have mostly SU! stuff and Crea. Mem. stuff. I'm the mom of 2 (1 special needs) and a minister's wife, so when I get to stamp, scrap and create it's a joy. But I have to keep it simple. I watercolor with inks & color with SU markers. I don't have the TIME! or energy to keep up with the latest. That's why I love my SU! catalog. When I need something...order online!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #95  
Stampin' Fool

Ok, first of all, I've just gotten into the stamping part but I've been a scrapper for over 3 years. I don't even know what Copics are. Nesties? I'm not sure I really care.

I have tons of markers that I use--Sharpies (did you know you can get a head rush when using them?:mrgreen: ), watercolor pencils, and just because I'm nuts, I used a coupon at Michaels and purchased 36 Martha Stewart markers which I absolutely love, love, love. So nope, don't need any markers/pencils/etc.

I have a Cuttlebug and I love it. I love it more than the Sizzix I had. I don't want a Cricut or anything else because I don't know that I'd get the use out of it that would make the cost of it worth paying.

I do what I can do with what I have.

I am, however, a BG freak and have recently discovered that I'm becoming a stamp freak as well.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #96  
Hardware Hotshot

No copics or nesties for me and I'm not even tempted! I just don't need or want everything that is out there. I'm becoming less materialistic as I grow older and more selective in what I am willing to purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayStampsPleaseView Post
I feel your pain! I'm just starting out in this wonderful obsession and it is costly! At this point, I just bought a 100pc marker set from Michael's today with a 40% coupon...grand total of $14.61. It even comes in a nice standing holder. Now, that I can deal with. I matched up a lot of the colors to SU CS
I have that set of 100 colors and use it a lot. You can mix the watercolor markers with the Bic markers and the Sharpies to shade with. I also found a set of 50 Crayola markers that I like a lot. They were in the kids art dept. and really inexpensive.

I did use a coupon at Hobby Lobby to get a couple of the Copics in pale pastel colors that I didn't have in my other marker sets.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #98  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't have copics or nesties either. I do have the su markers i recd as hostess gifts from su parties. I also have some pismacolor pencils. I find I can be happy with what I have. Trying to cut back on "unnecessary" craft purchases this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #99  
Rubber Obsessor

Don't shoot me, but I can't even remember the time I bought a new rubber stamp. (I think it may have been a calendar set (months, numbers) from Hobby Lobby with a 40% coupon.) I certainly don't have Copics or Nesties.

I think long and hard on whether or not to invest in something. I think a lot of times it is wise to wait for all of the commotion over a new product to die down to see if it's really something you'll get your money's worth out of, or if you just want to try something new.

I found that I loved being in a "stamp club" about 10 years ago. I was able to try all of the new stuff and techniques without investing in them on my own. If something withheld the test of time, then I might think about purchasing it. It's fun to do that with an occasional class as well.

Try not to compare yourself with the "experts." Just remember how fortunate you are to have the supplies that you do have and that you're able to use them to do something you love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #100  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Nope...I don't have copics, ANY nesties, no new cuttlebugs and very few new stamps....I feel your pain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #101  
Gabfest Goddess

I bought 4 Copics at a local stampin convention yesterday!
Yea they were $4.29 each. OUCH! Since I had saved $ for the convention, i figured I could spare a few $ to try out the copics. Now I need to search the Copic forums to see how to use them. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes