Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spellbinders Wizard Stuck Reverse Switch

I just got my Wizard in the mail yesterday. I read thru the instructions (but not good enough) and cut, embossed and stenciled with their dies. I used the Fiskar's Texture Plates and embossed with brass stencils. I LOVE this machine. Only one problem. While I was doing all this the reverse switch kept trying to come on. Finally when I went to run another sandwich thru the Wizard the reverse switch was stuck on. The machine wouldn't ratchet the switch wouldn't go back to the off postion. I tried to move it, my husband also tried to no avail. Later that evening my husband got the idea to hold the top roller with one hand and gently lift the handle with the other. It started to make ratcheting sounds. Then he was able to easily flip the reverse switch back.

During the time it froze and he fixed it I went back and read the directions again. I was obviously going well past the notch they say not to go past when I was putting the sandwich thru the machine.

Is the reverse switch coming on a common problem when going past the notch while running sandwiches thru?

Thanks for your help.

Tina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

OK folks, I had heard how wonderful the customer service was at Spellbinders...they weren't kidding. I had called before my husband 'fixed' my machine.

They called me back this morning. Apparently the handle is defective. They are sending me a new one with an allen wrench. I don't need to send the machine in. How cool is that!

In the meantime the gentleman I was talking to (who teaches classes in stamping and Wizard) gave me all sorts of hints on how to spiff up the embossed dies etc.

He also told me that the black mat that was included with the machine is to be used with the embossing mat with brass stencils and the Fiskar's Texture Plate to emboss deeper. So the black mat is not from the discontinued stuff...

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you got it figured out! I am hoping to afford some spellbinders dies in the next few months. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 06:15 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I've never done Ebay, but they have large lots of Spellbinders dies for sale. You might want to check it out. Also I just got my machine from marcopapers (.com) they were having a great sale, on the dies too. You might want to look at that site too.

Have a great day.

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes