Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Which adhesive works best with tiny die cuts? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/adhesive-works-best-tiny-die-cuts-395999/)

Chef Mama 11-06-2008 08:59 PM

Which adhesive works best with tiny die cuts?

When you die cut or punch a tiny piece, or one with thin parts, like a snowflake or a branch with the branch punch, or a delicate photo corner with swirls on it, what adhesive do you use? Do you run it through the xyron & if so, how do you get it started without bending it? Do you use a tape runner that doesn't leave extra goop on the skinny holes between the skinny pieces?

Thank you!

sf9erfan 11-06-2008 09:08 PM

I use the Sakura Quickie glue pen. Works like a charm!!

caseyandstephy 11-06-2008 09:09 PM

If it is small enough to fit through the Xyron X I would use that. There should be no accidental bending. If you don't have that I would probably next use the Quickie Glue Pen or Mono Multi.

jbalcer 11-06-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfan (Post 11969717)

Lori, come by my house. . . I have an extra. :D You'll *love* it!

steubner 11-06-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfan (Post 11969717)

Ditto! It's my fave! :)

Chef Mama 11-06-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer (Post 11969728)
Lori, come by my house. . . I have an extra. :D You'll *love* it!

Hi there Miss Jenn! Thank you! I need to go see what you've been working on, too! It's cooler now so we could go to the park near your house with the kids.

I love your tagline & I'd be glad to give you lessons. But, I'll have to put it off til next week. ;)

craftdoc 11-07-2008 03:04 AM

I use Tombow mono multi. You can get a tiny dot of glue from the narrow tip.

NancyK. 11-07-2008 03:33 AM

Yes - the quickie glue pen is the best!

monkeymama 11-07-2008 03:47 AM

I just started using the Tombow Mono Multi---works great, I love it!

ladybugstamper2 11-07-2008 05:12 AM

Hi!
When I'm punching or die cutting really small pieces I like to run the paper through my Xyron, before cutting. That way I don't have sticky around the edges, and I can just peel and stick. If not I use glue pens. Hope this helps.

Jennifer R 11-07-2008 05:15 AM

I also use the glue pen. The xyron leaves gunk around the outside of the dies.

kphorse 11-07-2008 05:59 AM

Agree! The Sakura Glue pen is so handy for the little things!

MikiBee 11-07-2008 06:02 AM

I use the little "X" Xyron for the tiny ones.. haven't had any trouble with bending. Sometime I use my Scotch Quick Dry. It's got a really fine point.

stampencamper 11-07-2008 06:51 AM

agree

I also love the xyron sticker maker little gem for adding adhesive to these small things; you just peel off die cut from adhesive strip, no cutting

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 (Post 11971206)
Hi!
When I'm punching or die cutting really small pieces I like to run the paper through my Xyron, before cutting. That way I don't have sticky around the edges, and I can just peel and stick. If not I use glue pens. Hope this helps.

sammsmom1 11-07-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Hi!

I have found that when using the xyron if you take an embossing tool and run it around the edges of the shape there will be no sticky on the outside of the cut. Doing this makes the excess sticky stick to the clear paper and not your cut.

Paperhappy3 11-07-2008 07:33 AM

I use either my CM Precision Point Adhesive (the CM glue pen) or Zig Two Way Glue. I love the Two Way glue - it is blue when wet, clear when dry. With the light blue color, it is so easy to make sure you get it exactly where you wanted it.
HTH

sprtchick 11-07-2008 09:58 AM

Another vote for the Sakura Quickie glue pen...I have like 3 at all times because I am afraid I will run out....lol
Blessings.

Cathy H 11-07-2008 03:41 PM

You guys are all wrong (smile!) The best thing to use is Sticky Dots Die-Cut Adhesive - I buy it at Michaels (with a coupon!) -- You get 8 8 1/2 X 11 sheets of sticky paper. You use tweezers if your die cut is small or complicated (like a snowflake or a spider) and put it on the sheet. It is now sticky everywhere that it had contact with the sheet. They also make a kind that is stronger for gems or other embellishments. This stuff is great.

ekip2 11-07-2008 03:50 PM

Another vote for the xyron. I take my bone folder or an emossing tool (i've been known to use the side of the scissors) and just quickly rub around the perimeter and no sticky stuff....or I use one of those adhesive removers if I forget. I make too much of a mess with the glue pens .

Cathy H 11-07-2008 04:16 PM

There is NO mess at all with the Sticky Dots.

jenmac820 11-08-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy H (Post 11978244)
There is NO mess at all with the Sticky Dots.

I have thought about using the sticky dot paper, but thought maybe it would waste too much. I have had the xyron sticky problem and do have a quickie pen (which to me takes a little too long) what do you do to get the most out of it?

scrappy knitter 11-08-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer R (Post 11971247)
I also use the glue pen. The xyron leaves gunk around the outside of the dies.

I learned that if you quickly run a stylus around the edges before you take the top cellophane layer off, all the gunk is gone.

austamper 11-08-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Hi!

What a fantastic idea!!!

Cathy H 11-08-2008 04:33 PM

I have thought about using the sticky dot paper, but thought maybe it would waste too much. I have had the xyron sticky problem and do have a quickie pen (which to me takes a little too long) what do you do to get the most out of it?