Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Adhesive for Large Group (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/adhesive-large-group-457975/)

nessastamps 09-09-2009 02:10 PM

Adhesive for Large Group

Hi there! I am coordinating crafts for my MOPS group this year. Next week I want us to make covered composition books. Normally, when I make these for myself at home, I use a strong adhesive that I know will stand up to the wear and tear of a notebook - usually sticky tape. However, we are on a tight budget. So what I need to know is what is a good strong adhesive that won't break the bank and that I can purchase in bulk (enough for 80 ladies).

Thanks!
Vanessa

AngieKey 09-09-2009 02:18 PM

I've done covered books with classes before using Scotch permanent double-sided tape from 3M. You can buy it in bulk at Sam's Club.

At home, of course, I do covered notebooks using my Xyron. :)

momis mama 09-09-2009 03:03 PM

i like the scotch double sided tape too for the comp books.

have fun at your get together! sounds like LOTS of fun!

TeeGeeDee 09-09-2009 03:11 PM

Ad-Tech tape runners are inexpensive and available at Wal-Mart (so are the refills). I think both sell for around $3 and the refills have 2 in the pack. Mine isn't handy to check but others on this site have recommended them so I "tried it and liked it."

nessastamps 09-09-2009 04:24 PM

Thanks ladies! I'll give them both a try.

misse336 09-09-2009 05:00 PM

I haven't made any yet, but I am also planning to make this craft with my mops group after getting a super deal on them at Staples. Here is a link to a tutorial I found here on scs. It looks like double sided tape is what they used. I've also seen tutorial where they used mod podge, although that would take longer to dry depending on your time allotment.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=214669

mamaguff 09-09-2009 05:07 PM

Yep - scotch double sided has worked for us too.

row4d 09-09-2009 05:16 PM

I use spray adhesive when I'm making covered journals, but if anyone in your group has allergies you'll need to do all the spraying outside! A friend of mine who has bad allergies can't use aerosols indoors.

To get a nice finished look I use the SU! Paper Snips to clip in a radial pattern around the corners, then fold the flaps over and adhere with the Mono Multi (green cap) and apply a "liner" to the inside of the cover. :)

Mom0fgirls 09-09-2009 05:30 PM

I really like Tombow Mono-multi. It has a thin tip and a wide "spreader" tip. It is what I use in my card classes.

But... be aware that it is latex based so anyone with a latex allergy can't use it.

STAMPINGODDESS 09-09-2009 05:47 PM

I've also used Mod Podge to adhere SU Designer Series paper to compostion books. It's a bit messy, but more economical than tape runners, double sided tape, etc.

miamiscrapper 09-09-2009 05:54 PM

Another suggestion is YES glue (paste). It's really strong and is my choice when covering chipboard : ) You can buy it at M's.

biowife84 09-09-2009 06:38 PM

I made a covered composition book for my daughter using glue sticks. Everything is still stuck on!

grandmabear49 09-19-2009 01:53 PM

Yea !Yes !glue!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamiscrapper (Post 15091971)
Another suggestion is YES glue (paste). It's really strong and is my choice when covering chipboard : ) You can buy it at M's.

:)I use this all of the time. I scrap & make cards w/it. I use a popscile stick or tongue depressor for big areas.:mad: DH would have a really big cow if I bought tape dispensers. This lasts me awhile It's acid free,rice based formula. :eek:I've use it for 15 yrs & no loose items on pages. I use Herma tab's to attach photo's.
:mrgreen:Elmers craft glue stick w/ the blue cap is the only good glue stick I use to apply small items to cards etc. grandmabear

grandmabear49 09-19-2009 01:57 PM

Works good on altereted tins too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPINGODDESS (Post 15091914)
I've also used Mod Podge to adhere SU Designer Series paper to compostion books. It's a bit messy, but more economical than tape runners, double sided tape, etc.

:-DI used it both on my c/board bk & all the alterted tins last yr forC-mas. Messy,what baby wipes or a damp rag is good for.Mod Podge has been around for awhile,holds up good & saves money etc.:mrgreen: