Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Question Bazzill Card Shoppe changed? No good anymore?

I think some time ago I'd read that Bazzill was purchased by American Crafts (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that.)

I have been using Bazzill Card Shoppe card stock for most of my card bases over the past few years, but recently purchased 3 packs (8 1/2" x 11" Alpaca & Mulberry and 12" x 12" Gumdrop), which are different than what I'd purchased in the past.

Firstly, every single sheet is longer and has printing on one end that will have to be trimmed off. Secondly, the paper does not seem as thick compared to the rest of my Card Shoppe stash. The 12" x 12" Gumdrop, although correct in color, is especially, very noticeably thinner than the other 12" x 12" Card Shoppe paper that I purchased in the past, as well as the Gumdrop 8 1/2" x 11" that I'd previously purchased.

I'm interested in knowing if others who use Bazzill Card Shoppe card stock have been running into the same issue. If it has changed for the worse, I don't want to keep purchasing it only to be continually disappointed with the quality.

Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2018, 03:59 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Bazzill was purchased by American Crafts. I'm not familiar with your particular papers but it sounds like the cost-savings-lower-quality trend American Crafts is on.

Some beautiful softly textured CS by Bazzill apparently is no longer manufactured. And they've stuck a large non-removable sticker on one side of open stock 12x12 CS. It makes a portion of the CS unusable if making 3D objects like boxes, and die cutting that part can be difficult or not possible with some dies. My LSS owner has argued with reps in person about it and was told people don't use both sides. Excuse me? (The male reps don't craft.) I emailed American Crafts about it.

I hope people will email American Crafts customer service: [email protected]
(801) 226-0747

From American Crafts:
"Hello Beth!
I am so sorry about the inconvenience of the stickers. Unfortunately we are limited on where we can put the information without increasing the costs. I will pass on your email to our Product development team. Thank you!"

I responded that Bazzill used removable stickers and asked whether she thought it fair that consumers are paying for full 12x12 sheets while only able to use a portion of them.

Last edited by bjeans; 01-12-2018 at 06:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Thanks for your reply, bjeans.

They put a non-removable sticker on paper? *pounds head on desk*
They think people don't use both sides of paper? *hurls trimmer through window*

I'm thinking I probably won't bother trying to replenish my Bazzill stash when it runs out, then.

ETA: I wonder if the printing on the individual papers in the packs I bought is the solution to the non-removable sticker issue? At least that way you still get a full sheet after trimming off the printed part.

Last edited by Fortuosity; 01-13-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

LOL! The LSS owner said the men were condescending,too. (Of course non crafting men knew best than the women who use paper, right?). So maybe your trimmer toss could be aimed directly at ...

It's the open stock single sheets that have the sticker, not packs. Not that you're happy with the packs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

Yes, I realize it is the open stock paper that has the stickers. I just thought perhaps since all my papers were printed on, that maybe they are making a change and will phase out the stickers?
Reply With Quote Likes