Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   **What kind of adhesive do you use??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/%2A%2Awhat-kind-adhesive-do-you-use-358123/)

Javablustamper 06-24-2008 11:45 AM

**What kind of adhesive do you use???

Hi there, how are you? I was just curious as to what type of adhesive you use for you card and craft making? I am a SU demo and have the Snail Adhesive, but, I never have much luck with it. I just don't understand why. I hardly ever get a complete strip and it always balls up or sticks to the applicator. Therefore, I wonder, what does averybody else do? So, what do you prefer? Thanks for you help, I really appreciate it. Take care and have a great day!:D

sprtchick 06-24-2008 11:55 AM

ATG gun exclusively with Glue dots and red tape when they are appropriate.

doxiegal 06-24-2008 12:05 PM

I use either Tombow mono multi (green and white bottle) or Zip Dry.

DawnGoman 06-24-2008 12:10 PM

I HATE Snail. It always breaks and I can never get it wound back on right. I have two almsot full ones sitting at home that I can't use! I'm not much help but I had to add my rant!

ManatyGrrl 06-24-2008 12:21 PM

I'm an ATG girl, too! I will also use glue dots and liquid glue when necessary for embellishments and such.

jenny4wheel 06-24-2008 12:24 PM

I LOVE the Mono Multi and am glad we're selling it now. I also use the ATG at home, but prefer the ease of the MM. I don't use Snail or regular Mono at all at home anymore...still using it at camp until my supply is exhausted (I REALLY stocked up back when Viking had deals).

SKICIO 06-24-2008 12:25 PM

These are the adhesives I can't live without:

1. ATG Gun
2. Duck
3. Glue Dots
4. Sakura Glue Pen

caterinafmig 06-24-2008 12:29 PM

Have used a myriad of different things like glue dots and other adhesives. I find Dry Bond is great for small things like lettering, etc. Wish someone would come up with some kind of miracle adhesive that would work on everything. Just today had some cardstock that just did not want to adhere. Finally used a glob from a glue stick which I am not fond of and then left something heavy on it until is 'stuck'. :-D

bobkitten 06-24-2008 12:34 PM

I love my ATG - its refills are 6 (yes, six) times as long as a refill for the snail, cost under $3 each and are stickier than snail! :D I also use Mono Multi, glue dots and red line tape when appropriate.

brightrachel1008 06-24-2008 12:41 PM

wish i could get an atg. hubby refuses to let me spend 50 on some "tape dispenser"

stamper1996 06-24-2008 12:52 PM

1. Scotch double-sided tape (make sure it's permanent as there's a temporary too)
2. Scotch quick-dry tacky adhesive
3. Zots glue dots (1/8" thick ones for dimension)

All stick like crazy!

austamper 06-24-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxiegal (Post 10284988)
I use either Tombow mono multi (green and white bottle) or Zip Dry.

This is my favorite!!! I really prefer the mono multi glue in the catalog. and the beauty of it is that it can be bought in bulk online. ;) So it's easy for classes and such.

I used to love SNAIL until I found this glue.

austamper 06-24-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightrachel1008 (Post 10285373)
wish i could get an atg. hubby refuses to let me spend 50 on some "tape dispenser"

Pull up all your reciepts for tape that you have bought and how much those include. Then compare that with the cost of the gun and a roll of tape. Let the comparison do the talking. ;)

I'd love one too but I can't demo with it so I haven't splurged on that yet.

DawnGoman 06-24-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Me too! There was a thread on here somewhere that broke down the costs to show the ATG gun is cheaper in the long run- wonder if that would convince my DH or annoy him?

Marshaspeck50 06-24-2008 01:08 PM

Another vote for ATG, then glue dots, and red tape when I need a really strong adhesive. The ATG lasts longer and holds better than the smaller adhesives.

craftsrlb 06-24-2008 01:09 PM

tape

I LOVE the ATG...framingsupplies is where i get mine...I have a stamp club with 6 girls in it..they have all seen mine, and as they are using their (mine) duck adhesive, and it either runs out or breaks..I am sitting there making 60 plus cards with 1 roll of $ 2.72 tape and that is for 36 yards!!! sooooo much cheaper and all my cards hold together great while the others pop apart before they leave my house..well needless to say, 5 of the 6 have ordered them, they should be here tomorrow....my hubby was shocked too at first, but when i took him to the craft store to see how much it would cost, he said go ahead...I hope you can find a way to get one.

Javablustamper 06-24-2008 01:23 PM

Thank you so much ladies! I really appreciate your help! So, I think, if I am reading right, the preference would be as follows.

1. ATG Gun
2. Tombow MOno Multi?
3. Glue Dots
4. Red Sticky strip for when you need extra hold.

Now, if someone could just explain this ATG gun, where you get it, and why it costs $50? Is that right? $50? Thanks again, I always know where I can go for help!:-D

melissaink 06-24-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Reminds me of when my husband called my Cricut a "$400 paper cutter." LOL.

Deb Za 06-24-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnGoman (Post 10285600)
Me too! There was a thread on here somewhere that broke down the costs to show the ATG gun is cheaper in the long run- wonder if that would convince my DH or annoy him?

I figured it out before Christmas, when hubby got mine for me. I had been using Duck or Dotto, and it figured out that by the time I used up the 5th roll of ATG (I use 908 Gold because I'm also a scrapper), I would have paid for the ATG gun and tape used--the break-even point.

My list of faves (in order):
ATG
Duck
Quickie Glue Pen
Zig 2-Way
Elmers Craft Glue Stick
Special uses--red line tape and Xyron (I have 3 Xyrons) and Zots

BonnieBrown 06-24-2008 02:09 PM

I love having Scotch double-sided tape in my big dispenser. I can get it one-handed and it's easy to refill. I pretty much use that exclusively.

csmilham 06-24-2008 02:25 PM

Double stick tape...........Scotch. ALL THE WAY!
I hate it when I get a card and they've used the two way glue stick. It does NOT hold. I get cards with everything off of them because they've used those.

JMO

Carol

nancystamps 06-24-2008 02:30 PM

Ditto on the Scotch permanent double-sided tape. I use this almost exclusively.

caterinafmig 06-24-2008 02:30 PM

I have double sided scotch tape but it does not stick very well. Are there different types? :)

allee's 06-24-2008 02:30 PM

Mono multi glue is my favorite!!

craftsrlb 06-24-2008 03:36 PM

atg gun

I get mine from framingsupplies...if you know anyone else that can go in on it with you the less you have to pay for shipping. I charge each girl 50 for the gun and 3 rolls of tape (not the acid free). I think the gun is $41 and then the tape and shipping is about $8.00

jtax 06-24-2008 03:45 PM

I love my ATG and have used 18 rolls since I got mine in Jan. of this year (making cards for the soldiers and making my daughter's wedding invites) It sure has been a life (and money) saver!!! I also use red line tape, glue dots and mono multi green and white.

Anemone 06-24-2008 04:12 PM

1. Scotch permanent double-sided tape. (Used for most things)
2. Glue dots/dimensionals
3. red line tape
4. xyron
5. glue pen

Javablustamper 06-24-2008 04:31 PM

I use the double sided tape,but, I feel that I go thru it too fast. What are the thoughts on that? I appreciate all the great comments, thanks so much!:)

Maudhuit 06-24-2008 04:34 PM

I'm old school, I guess. I use either Quick Dry or Fast Grab Tacky Glue. And glue dots. On photos for scrapbooking, I don't use glue, but love it for everything else.

KathiR 06-24-2008 04:36 PM

� Kokuyo Dot N Runner
� Glue Dots
� Xyron X
� Red liner tape
� Sakura Quickie Glue pen
� Golden Gel Medium
� Martha's Decoupage Glue
� Scotch Scrapbooking Tape

OakvilleMom 06-24-2008 04:55 PM

For cards I love my Tombow Mono Multi (green and white bottle). For my scrapbooking I love my CM tape runner.

BTW I have a neighbor named Jackie Peifer! Small world!!

Javablustamper 06-24-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OakvilleMom (Post 10288277)
For cards I love my Tombow Mono Multi (green and white bottle). For my scrapbooking I love my CM tape runner.

BTW I have a neighbor named Jackie Peifer! Small world!!

That's wild, there are not a loy of Peifer's that spell it like we do! Where is Oakville, by the way?

Turkey1969 06-24-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Ask Santa for one this Christmas.

stampinmomnh 06-24-2008 06:42 PM

I use the glue dots,dot n' rollers & tacky glue

MelodyGal 06-24-2008 06:55 PM

My favorite adhesive is Scotch Quick-Dry Tacky Adhesive. It adheres well (no worry that parts of your card will separate) and it remains wet long enough that you can move the paper into place if it is crooked or off center. The bottle does tend to gunk up after awhile, but I keep a paper clip handy to clear the opening. The glue lasts forever and I make a lot of cards. I also use glue dots for bows and tags and dimensionals for raised items.

CindyMonica 06-24-2008 07:44 PM

I use ATG (without the gun couldn't stand the thing)
Glue Dots
Red sticky tape
and occasionally Liquid Glass or Crystal Effects

Skippet 06-24-2008 08:35 PM

I'm all thumbs when it comes to snail, red or double stick tape. I use mini glue dots - the ones on the roll and also have recently started using Fabri-tac on my card layers. It takes very little, dries so fast and whatever I glue stays put forever. Every once in a while I get a little bit that peeks out the side of the layer, but my SU adhesive remover works like magic on glue and also on
rub-ons.

airbornewife 06-25-2008 04:27 AM

I use Tombow Snail and I really like it.. I did have one break on me out of the hundreds I have used and I sent it back to Tombow who replaced it for me. I also use glue dots, sticky strip and the Tombow Multi.. it all depends on what I am doing as to what I use.. but my FAV is Dimensionals!!! the SU ones.. those babies rock!

Pam

momof3kidz 06-25-2008 04:35 AM

Where can I find a ATG gun? Can anyone help me? I've looked in a few online stores but nothing.

Thanks

sprtchick 06-25-2008 09:29 AM

www.framingsupplies.com
I have the 714. Love love love it!