Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pregnancy Journal Ideas??

Hello all -

I am starting a pregnancy journal for myself, as I found out two weeks ago that I am pregnant!! I stumbled upon a forum a few weeks ago on ideas to journal about (i.e. tracking your weight, journaling about preg. symptoms, etc.) Does anyone have the link to that forum or have any ideas?

Anything would be helpful! Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't know the link for your site. You could check the history on your browser and see if it's in there.

During my pregnancies.. I took lots of pictures. (K.. my husband did.) I took belly shots of the left side, right side and front. I also took a full body shot of the right side. Take the pictures in the same place in your home every time, and if you can.. wear the same pants and top. I took pictures every 4 weeks... and more often as I got toward the end. I was induced with my 2nd pregnancy, so I took a final belly picture in the hospital.

I also wrote down my blood pressure, weight, belly size (the doc measured it once in a while), and what happened at each appointment. I did a 12x12 2-page spread for my first pregnancy. On page 1 I had a photo of me when I was very pregnant.. all dressed up. Then as a border along the top and bottom of both pages.. I did a film-strip look of all 9 months of pictures in chronological order. The top border was the side belly view and the bottom border was the front belly view. On page 2 I had a picture of the ultrasound at 20 weeks of the baby. Since they were 12x12 I had plenty of room for stats like weight and size through the pregnancy.

I still have to scrap my 2nd pregnancy.. but that's.. how I did the first one!

You could also do a smaller book.. like 8x8 or something.. and do a 2-page spread for each month.. including pictures and info on the appointment(s) for that month. You could get really detailed if you wanted.. and write your symptoms.. or cravings or something.

HTH. Good luck! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I had a book called "The Mother of all Pregnancy Organizers" and it was so awesome. I used it quite a bit for reference for my journaling on scrapbooks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Pregnancy Journal

Hi--Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am 32 weeks pregnant this week with my second baby and it's such an exciting time! I wanted to give you some ideas for what I have done to document both pregnancies. For each one I made an altered journal for myself. I looked at all the commercial products and they were okay but because I am a stamper and scrapbooker, i wanted to create something more personal. I did go to the bookstores though and copy down ideas for questions for my journal. I will attach my list that is created in word. I divided my journal into first trimester, second trimester and 3rd trimester and answered similar questions for each one. I also take my journal to each doctor's visit to record information from that as well like my weight, baby's heart rate, my BP, etc. I also loved having the first journal to refer back to this time to see what things have been the same with the pregnancy.

Secondly, I made an expecting you album for each baby--just an 8-1/2 X 11 book to highlight important things we did to prepare, ultrasounds, introduce family members, etc. I will also include the journaling prompts I used for that. I made a calendar page for each month and documented information about the pregnancy and our lives on the calendar and the pages for that month. Finally, in our family album, I made a layout for each trimester with pictures and highlights from it. I made extra pages in our album for baby showers, but won't be doing that this time, since I am not having any. Just some ideas that I thought would help. I think documenting a pregnancy is so fun and exciting! I know when I ask my mom things, she can't always remember and I can't remember everything from my first pregnancy that was only two years ago. Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: doc expecting you album.doc (35.0 KB, 1616 views)
File Type: doc pregnancy journal.doc (27.0 KB, 1777 views)
Reply With Quote Likes